ChuckyTheGoat
    ChuckyTheGoat's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24911

Quote Originally Posted by sourtwist View Post
    Zero chance i would lay that down

She trusts her instincts...unreal
    Yeah, no mortal can fold that. Really, just a few things to consider:

* Based on the betting action, I don't think that's a fold spot. So, what hands could he have?

Really think he has to have a boat. AA, KK, or possibly KQ.

Even if you think you're beat, I think u have to call b/c you're beating KQ combinations.

The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

Id rather ride that hand to the rail than get bluffed out of a double up

No way the guy ever lays that same hand down to a chick

ChuckyTheGoat

Would like to know the exact stack sizes + pot size. At 1:00, they say that HE is the effective stack-size.

I really think check-raise on river has to be a full House, trying to trap straights/flushes/trips. I'd like to know what her last call would have been. More than 2:1? If she's catching like 4:1, it's an ez call. If his overbet made it < 2:1, then she has to at least think about it.

HurryUpAndDrink
    HurryUpAndDrink's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by The Kraken View Post
    Id rather ride that hand to the rail than get bluffed out of a double up

No way the guy ever lays that same hand down to a chick
    +1, man, we are much more proud and confrontational...

women tend to be more agreeable, period... is how our story has made us "evolve"

the truth is the play is 50/50, you gotta be fine with losing it or winning it, you played well in both case, is just an ugly cooler.

His most likely hand is KK, but his push-shove all in on the river after the Ace hits yells he has aces, a man with KK on that spot cannot feel very well with that ace, hower, someone with aces does that push 100% of the time. Somebody with K-Q would be even more hesitant, let's not forget, these players are top... they surely consider all these scenarios and try to reconstruct the hand since preflop once their final decision is to be made.

I would call, most likely. Those are the hands that make u or break u and whoever has played enough poker should have suffered on both sides of the coin plenty.

cincinnatikid513
    contra spem spero
    cincinnatikid513's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 100

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckyTheGoat View Post
    Yeah, no mortal can fold that. Really, just a few things to consider:

* Based on the betting action, I don't think that's a fold spot. So, what hands could he have?

Really think he has to have a boat. AA, KK, or possibly KQ.

Even if you think you're beat, I think u have to call b/c you're beating KQ combinations.
    if your in a 25k buy in tournament and u are a normal 1-2 player and u are free rolling the tournament like 300 people were it's easy lay down, u are playing for a cash what alot of people did, that wasn't a normal tournament it was a nit fest

ChuckyTheGoat

I've watched the hand a few times. A few comments:

1) I think she has to bet the Turn a little stronger. Giving a price to too many hands. Even a Pair + gutshot can call there.

2) On the River, after the check-raise, I believe she's getting a price of 3/1 (roughly). At 100 to win 300, I don't know how a mortal lays that down. That means she's saying the guy can't have 99/kq/Flush/BustedStr8/Bluff,etc.

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckyTheGoat View Post
    I've watched the hand a few times. A few comments:

1) I think she has to bet the Turn a little stronger. Giving a price to too many hands. Even a Pair + gutshot can call there.

2) On the River, after the check-raise, I believe she's getting a price of 3/1 (roughly). At 100 to win 300, I don't know how a mortal lays that down. That means she's saying the guy can't have 99/kq/Flush/BustedStr8/Bluff,etc.

Wouldn’t he have bet a set or KQ at some point before the river with that board? That’s not a rhetorical question, I don’t know

ChuckyTheGoat

Quote Originally Posted by daneblazer View Post
    Wouldn’t he have bet a set or KQ at some point before the river with that board? That’s not a rhetorical question, I don’t know
    Dane, I think so. But I think HE thinks that flop may have hit her clean. Maybe 99 or the Str8.

The flop check surprises me. It is very late in tournament. So, some precaution where u don't want to go out on a cooler hand.
    Points Awarded:

daneblazer gave ChuckyTheGoat 7 Betpoint(s) for this post.

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

Quote Originally Posted by daneblazer View Post
    You would think he would have, unless he thinks she's some Asian girl agro maniac, which she wasn't for sure. Seems possible he could have AQ for a chop when I think about this one again, but that's about it. Would like to get more details but this seems like a good line with AA out of position with what looks like a bad flop while he appears to be deep. He can now bluff catch or get paid by some of her value hands.

First 12