sinmiedo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 369

Poker is fun

This was funny ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9204

I think it's kind of funny too.

I don't really empathize with poker players that get hot under the collar by a slow roll.

If someone wants to act like a bit of a asshole, thats up to them.

But agree with the Poker Is Fun sentiment! It really is, live.

Got 12 Aussie Millions satellite tourneys over 4 days planned for next week.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: BeerDog99

Optional

Actually Sin... got story for you about quads.

Just to show what a newbie I still am really.

Played an $1100 deepstack last Sunday as you know.

Maybe 3rd hand of the tourney I flopped a set and then came up with quad 10s on the turn. Guy to my left in the SB had flopped a full house, (Qs over Ts) and was the only other person in hand. We had both checked flop and turn. (as I had not engaged my brain obviously)

I wasn't thinking straight and was kind of certain he had nothing (as he was about me as it turned out) and had been joking around and friendly with him before that... and for some reason just was so certain he had nothing I never gave any other option a moments thought.

Anyway he bet $400 on the river and I just called and showed my quads.

Table went into uproar about me soft playing "my friend".

I knew about the rule of having to bet the nuts if last to act... but like I said was just not thinking straight. So it really did look like a definite soft play to the table.

I think they forgave me eventually and thought I was just a silly a fish. Until I took most of them out.

I am still embarrassed even typing how I played that hand actually. Was a good lesson to have my mind in gear from hand one after I sit down in future though I guess.

Probably could have doubled up right there.

BeerDog99
    BeerDog99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 177

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post

Maybe 3rd hand of the tourney I flopped a set and then came up with quad 10s on the turn. Guy to my left in the SB had flopped a full house, (Qs over Ts) and was the only other person in hand. We had both checked flop and turn. (as I had not engaged my brain obviously)

I wasn't thinking straight and was kind of certain he had nothing (as he was about me as it turned out) and had been joking around and friendly with him before that... and for some reason just was so certain he had nothing I never gave any other option a moments thought.

I knew about the rule of having to bet the nuts if last to act... but like I said was just not thinking straight. So it really did look like a definite soft play to the table.

I think they forgave me eventually and thought I was just a silly a fish. Until I took most of them out.

I am still embarrassed even typing how I played that hand actually. Was a good lesson to have my mind in gear from hand one after I sit down in future though I guess.

I think everybody who has ran into this after playing enough hands. Sometimes you get hyperfocused on the hand and/or not see the proper nuts, therefore no big deal. That said if you knew the person and were soft-playing the player, it is very understandable for the table to get upset and likely a tourney penalty.

Cheers!

Optional

I immediately said that I knew the rule and offered to take the orbit penalty.

I was more embarrassed than anything.

Optional

Just realized I said guy to my left above too. It was the guy on my right. In SB when I was in BB.

BeerDog99
    BeerDog99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 177

Totally understand. I have done that myself and yes I was very embarrassed!

Sam Losco
    Sam Losco's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13690

dont feel bad opti, it happens...

https://youtu.be/UiH1mAFXMjQ

SharpAngles
    SharpAngles's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1638

The talking before the hand is annoying but fine I guess but cmon man just turn the fukin cards over. Wasting minutes in a timed rake 5-10 game like a douche. If they had any balls the table would make him pay the floorman when he comes for the next half hour.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 2 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: sweep, and Slanina

Triple_D_Bet
    Triple_D_Bet's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 219

Varies by person, but I found this funny, and probably would have found it funny even on the losing end. Guy put a lot of work into maximizing the entertainment value of the situation, I can appreciate that.

If the atmosphere is different and people are getting upset about the loss, or the wasted time matters to them, it's a different story....but doesn't seem to be the case here.

I let a relatively new guy to the table off the hook a few months ago. Didn't yet know he was not only a maniac but a heavy whiner; at the time, the only interaction we'd had was over preferred pickle brands Had AA and was letting him bet it for me even though I was OOP; on potentially scary river, he brings forward the $100 max bet (dumb spread games ) and I call before he counts it out...at which point he pulls back all but a minimum bet claiming he only meant to bet that. Dealer and table was trying to make him bet the max but I said I didn't care. After I found out what a douche he was, I wish I had that decision back

bobbywaves
    bobbywaves's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 960

Quote Originally Posted by sinmiedo View Post
    This was funny ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Kassouf cracked my top 10 favorite player rankings, after his 2016 WSOP antics. But with the addition of this slow roll video, he's in my top spot.

Poker is fun,
    For everyone,
    Except Waves opponents,
    They shoulda practiced avoidance.

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

That was the longest slow roll I've seen. Probably way too long.

But I agree... I think the slow roll is a part of the game... I don't understand why people get pissed off by it?

Slanina
    Slanina's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5895

The slowroll was funny at first but it got to a point that it dragged on. Like when he asked him to show his cards 93x.

boscokid
    boscokid's Avatar SBR PRO

Floor should kill his hand.

All the cards are out, the betting is complete, its pretty obvious what he has; so he either wants to show it and take the money or wants to be an unfunny stand up comedian.
    Points Awarded:

BeerDog99 gave boscokid 123 Betpoint(s) for this post.

sinmiedo gave boscokid 150 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Auto Donk
    Diggity man the fort, I'm outta here!
    Auto Donk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

fuk takin' an orbit penalty.... tell em to eat kangaroo shit