bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Jerry Yang Wins WSOP

Jerry Yang announced that ten per cent of his $8.25m prize will go to three charities– The Make a Wish Foundation, Feed the Children and Ronald McDonald House.

UNDERDOG WINS WORLD SERIES OF POKER

Unknown poker player Jerry Yang has won the largest and most prestigious prize of the year- the $8.25m first prize at the World Series of Poker Main Event in Las Vegas.

Betfair punters made him the least likely player to win, offering odds of 19-1 before the final table of nine players started yesterday.

Yang’s aggressive style meant that he built the second smallest chip stack at the table into the largest and became the favourite in the in-running betting market on Betfair at 6-4 with three players remaining.

After seeing off South African player Raymond Rahme – who hit a betting low of 2-1 in-running – Yang was backable at odds of 1-3 with a 4-1 chip lead. His pocket eights beat Tuan Lam’s Ace Queen by making a straight on the river to take down the biggest prize in poker.

Danish player Philip Hilm was the chip leader and favourite at 9-2 going into the final table but he was the first to be dismissed in ninth place.

Jerry Yang announced that ten per cent of his $8.25m prize will go to three charities– The Make a Wish Foundation, Feed the Children and Ronald McDonald House.

Against the odds winner Yang became a US citizen after fleeing Laos and Thailand. He has never before participated in the World Series of Poker.

The World Series of Poker will come to London in September.

BigBollocks
    BigBollocks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

By all accounts this guy seems to be a genuine chap (unlike another recent winner who might come to mind). I think he'll represent poker well over the next year. Congrats to him and I hope his money doesn't drain too fast with six kids

Razz
    Razz's Avatar Become A Pro!

I would have loved to have seen Kravchenko win, he was far and away the best player last night. Yang had the right strategy, realizing he was the least experienced player and being super-aggressive, but some of his calls were quite terrible. I don't know if anyone was listening, but Gordon was dogging on him all night.

moses millsap
    moses millsap's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1260

Gordon is a clown anyways. Alex was the best player of the remaining 4 (skipped back and forth and didn't watch the final table all the way through). Yang got several unlucky breaks as well, to be fair.

Al Masters
    Al Masters's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11522

The amount of money i watched this guy BABYHAN lose on pokerstars was literally sick, well into 6 figures, in limit games,he only played limit 100-200 and 200-400.