lawsofpower48
    lawsofpower48's Avatar Become A Pro!

best poker site?

im looking to play poker online, but which is the best site to play with?? im hearing alot about either full tilt or pokerstar?? i dont mind having both either if theyre the best. i also hear about doylesroom and bookmaker poker room? thanks

andrew5
    andrew5's Avatar Become A Pro!

i wouldt deposit on doylesroom ive heard they dont like to pay out i'd stick to poker stars full tilt and bodog

fishaholictaz
    fishaholictaz's Avatar Become A Pro!

fulltilt and Bodog is where I play......

themajormt
    Yanks!!
    themajormt's Avatar Become A Pro!

poker stars, full tilt and bodog are definitely the top 3 right now in my opinion... I also have been playing on Cake lately, and have been happy with them...

keyboarding
    SBR's Respected Garbage
    keyboarding's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 972

Pokerstars has the most players and I like their layout, they also offer a game called Double Or Nothing. FullTilt is designed better with a lot more functionality (setting up deals), but I hate how they laid out the tables and lobby. If you're going to be staring at a screen for several hours, looks matter.

nybigapple
    nybigapple's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 102

Pokerstars is by far the best. There was a period before where everyone was having trouble getting paid due to problems with the checking companies. Full tilt ignored everyone's questions and held the money citing difficulty with the checking company. Pokerstars cited the same problem, but gave everybody a 25% bonus on the money being held for the problems. This was straight up money that could eventually be withdrawn and not free play.

keyboarding
    SBR's Respected Garbage
    keyboarding's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 972

Pokerstars is pure class, no doubt.

neverpay
    neverpay's Avatar Become A Pro!

Screw FT and PS, if your new to the game then go to a smller room.
    Play micro stakes.
    Yer FT and PS are great sites but think most new starters will get eat up there.
    And depending on what you want out of it depends on what site is best (for you)
    Want fun PKR, wan to play what ever whenever PS want a nice deal avoid PS etc etc.
    Its horses for courses.

poker_dummy101
    poker_dummy101's Avatar Become A Pro!

have you deposited yet?

if not, i can help you.. if so where?

droc
    droc's Avatar Become A Pro!

Fulltilt or Pokerstars for sure........

Raven66
    Raven66's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 699

Titan Poker

Party Poker

bypp
    bypp's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 193

I dont know if Ultimatebet is still accepting US players, or even around anymore for that matter, but I used to have some pretty good success on the low no-limit tables there. Also more recently, FullTilt poker.

CRAZYBEAR007
    CRAZYBEAR007's Avatar Become A Pro!

If you are looking for less mainstream sites I definitely would consider, Doyle's, Player Only and Carbon/PDC Poker rooms. Full Tilt and Bodog and Poker Stars are hard to beat for cash games. All of these are stable sites that have third party monitoring/certification of their games.

In any case the best sign-up deals include rakeback, deposit matching and exclusive freeroll tournaments for frequent players. These tournaments are typical run 4 to 6 times per month and have total purses from $1,000 to $5,000 all included. PM me and we can chat more about some additional thougthts and suggestions have have if you are new to online Poker!

CRAZYBEAR007
    CRAZYBEAR007's Avatar Become A Pro!

U.S. Poker Rooms 101 - Where to Play?

About once a year when the question comes up I post this mini-review of Poker Sites. So you know where I am coming from, I have a background in computer software and systems. This knowledge and background has given me a health respect and fascination for online poker rooms. Just to be sure I wasn’t missing something, I thoroughly “Road Tested” some 100 plus sites both approved for USA players and some that aren’t. As some of you know there are only a dozen or so distinct software packages for U.S.A sites and many of the rooms have the same games/tournaments which they share in common.

That said, there are differences and variations that make some standout over others. I enjoy and play a lot at the Cake Family of Poker of rooms including Doyle’s Room, Players Poker and 10 or 12 others. Most recently a medium size room that I have enjoyed, PokerWorld moved to the Cake Platform. Lock Poker is also a new room on the Cake network and The Greek Sports Book has added The Greek Poker through Cake. I happen to like Players and Doyle’s the best of this group for their Tournaments. Players has a 5 or 6 freeroll tournaments that qualify you to play in a weekend tournament and win a $13,000 all expenses paid trip to the WSOP. The total purse is about $17,000. Hurry, time is running down. Doyle’s and Cake have daily tournament that qualify you for a weekend $1,000 freeroll. Pretty good stuff.

I play a fair amount at Poker Stars, Ultimate Bet (which I prefer over its twin Absolute Poker), Timeless/Minted poker along with Carbon/Wass/PDC Poker rooms. They are all very good. I started off playing at Full Tilt Poker but got burned-out there. Too many bad beats. However, I am back playing there and enjoying it now that I am a better player. Full Tilt also deserves a high ranking because of the great FT “Poker Academy” that they introduced some months back. It is by far the best interactive training site for Poker (for anything actually) that I have ever seen, by a big margin. It is well worth the time to participate.
    For some reason I put Bodog Poker at or near the top of my list. It has its quirks and you either like it or hate it but I like the way the tables are displayed. The configuration allows you to play multiple tournaments (which I am doing most of the time now) and know right where you are at a quick glance. Bodog is easy to use, is well supported and has good cash games and tournament for all levels.

With all that said I don’t have just one favorite. All the sites I mentioned have great incentives and freerolls so I often go where the best Games are being played.

Unlike some of the problems SBR covers with their reviews of the sports book industry, the main-stream Poker Rooms are well equipped to handle cash-outs in a variety of ways and there are new and easier methods coming along everyday. Obviously they have some small print you have to read if you have received bonuses and freebies, but getting your money to and from the online Poker rooms is typically pretty painless. Remember though, in resent months the U.S. government has frozen assets at some of the online sites. Just understand and be prepared for that. It really is another reason not to play at just one site. It means that you have all your bankroll eggs in one basket!

If you are looking for less mainstream sites I definitely would consider, Carbon/PDC Poker rooms as well . Full Tilt and Bodog and Poker Stars are hard to beat for cash games. All of these are stable sites that have third party monitoring/certification of their games.

Bottom line is don’t be afraid to play freerolls at a couple of sites before you sign-up and make a big deposit. Would you buy a car without road testing it 1!? Go to it and good luck on the Felt.

beach nut
    beach nut's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 83

Poker Stars and Full Tilt are the best two by far.

whatsgood5
    Let's fuckin' do it
    whatsgood5's Avatar Become A Pro!

Id definently say pokerstars is the best, closely followed by full tilt. But you cant go wrong with either of the two

raddle_snake
    raddle_snake's Avatar Become A Pro!

Nice to be hear, im looking for best poker site, i just try the sites that you recommend.
    Thank you!

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

I despise the late registration at poker stars. If you are looking for tournament play, look elsewhere.

DALAIBAUMA
    DALAIBAUMA's Avatar Become A Pro!

Bodog for sure.

cjhkaplan
    cjhkaplan's Avatar Become A Pro!

I like to play at Bodog, I have tried Pokerstars and they don't have as friendly a user panel as I would like, I really like the way the tables are set up at Bodog, you don't have to search for your seat, and you can see your hand really clearly, as well keep track of what everyone else is doing. I like FullTilt, I just prefer Bodog.

bachngocduong
    bachngocduong's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by lawsofpower48 View Post
    im looking to play poker online, but which is the best site to play with?? im hearing alot about either full tilt or pokerstar?? i dont mind having both either if theyre the best. i also hear about doylesroom and bookmaker poker room? thanks
    I 80% money at pokerstar and fullstill +Ultimatebet play some at bodogpoker but not much at bodog just for sports bet for me

greywind50
    greywind50's Avatar Become A Pro!

pokerstars and bodog are my favorites...

tcaldwell
    tcaldwell's Avatar Become A Pro!

I love bodog poker, its reliable for me.

tcaldwell
    tcaldwell's Avatar Become A Pro!

plus their withdrawal system is pretty quick

raddle_snake
    raddle_snake's Avatar Become A Pro!

OH i think, i must choose the two sites pokerstars and bodog? WE'll see the one that you recommend?

Czu81
    Czu81's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5709

Pokerstars and Full Tilt def.

shantystar
    shantystar's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 117

bofog is the choice among 5 top poker and sports site ats br.

Roller
    Roller's Avatar Become A Pro!

Bodog
    Ultimate Bet
    Full Tilt
    Poker Stars

TheLock
    TheLock's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7931

Reading this thread is making me remember how much I miss the PartyPoker days.

Anyway yeah, you can't go wrong with Pokerstars. Full Tilt or Bodog are not bad either.

korbal29
    korbal29's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 65

best is pokerstars payout are very fast and you can have a games anytime of the day or the night