daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

Drawing dead with the nuts

this is sick Someone showed me this last night...

http://forums.homepokertourney.com/i...p?topic=8604.0

I originally read this in Hellmuth's book "Bad Beats and Lucky Draws" and could only find it online on this guy's blog.

http://pokercash.blogspot.com/2006/0...-hellmuth.html

More detail on the blog but the short story is that this guy sees a six way flop in Omaha. Hits top set. Turns a higher top set. But is now drawing dead. There is *NO* card left in the deck that can give him the winning hand. Crazy...

Excerpt from the blog below:
    ======================================
    SB: 5c-7c-8s-9s
    BB: 3d-5s-7s-8d
    Seat 1: Ac-Ad-4c-4d
    Seat 2: Kd-Ks-Td-Ts T1100
    Seat 3: As-Qs-Jh-9h
    Seat 4: Kh-Th-6d-6c

Seat 1 raises to $35, 5 calls.

Flop: Tc-6s-4s.

The SB comes out for $150, 5 calls.

The SB raised with a huge straight wrap and a flush draw. The BB calls with a straight flush draw. Seat 1 calls with bottom set. Seat 2 decides just to call with the nuts, hoping for a safe turn to go all in. Seat 3 calls with the nut flush draw. Seat 4 calls with second set.

Turn: Kc.

SB checks, BB checks, Seat 1 checks, Seat 2 bets $1,100, 5 calls.

Seat 2 got his "safe" turn card and pushed all in. This basically put everyone else all in as well. He looked at the Kc as the second safest card in the deck since he still had the nuts. Seat 3 called with the nut flush draw. Seat 4 called with second set and top two. The SB called still with the huge straight wrap and a flush draw with great pot odds. The BB also called all in with the straight flush draw. Seat 1 called as well.

Now if you look closer at this "safe" turn card, it actually left Seat 2 drawing dead going to the river. He was holding the stone cold nuts and was drawing dead. Don't believe me? Try to find a river card where he still is in the lead. There isn't one. So much for nut peddling.

TheCentaur
    TheCentaur's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 68

I would have to take a break after that

Conan
    Conan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 818

kind of a crazy hand if it ever happened on SBR there would be no end to the bitching about it being rigged

thes0vereign
    Don't bet with your heart.
    thes0vereign's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 57

My brain might explode.