Betpoints: 5365

stupid

gotta call there

he probably just had the ace of spades

YorkHunt
    I JUST RELEASED
    YorkHunt's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1507

When your worth as much as him, he should have just called. Hes out already anyways...If he would have called who knows, he may still be in.

ttwarrior1
    ttwarrior1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9800

no way the guy had a straight flush and even if he did , nothing wrong with losing with quads.

a4u2fear
    TEASE IT
    a4u2fear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 35459

Quote Originally Posted by ttwarrior1 View Post
    no way the guy had a straight flush and even if he did , nothing wrong with losing with quads.
    Yep, stupid

Scorpion
    Update your status
    Scorpion's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15377

smart man, you cant make money playing card games

just look at that black phil ivey, he is broke

yahoonino
    yahoonino's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1461

i never fold 4 of a kind,,,stupid play of the years

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21689

Unreal.

So can we find out what Morgan had? I think he had A(spades) with Jack.

downsouth
    Bobbywaves is a stiff
    downsouth's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25129

Quote Originally Posted by d2bets View Post
    Unreal.

So can we find out what Morgan had? I think he had A(spades) with Jack.
    Wouldnt you expect raise from him though with top pair and only backdoor flush draw? Guy hits pot for 50k and guy with jacks would typically raise at least want to find out where he is at.

But then again, would probably expect raise if he flopped open ended with spades.

Honestly no idea, have never been in position to make such a tough laydown and hope I never have too.

ThaWoj
    hope i dont wake up tomorrow
    ThaWoj's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3427

Worst fold ever and cant believe he showed it..

wtt0315
    This is the Broncos Year.
    wtt0315's Avatar Become A Pro!

he should be investagated for chip dumping.

rickdangerous
    rickdangerous's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

I can't believe he folded when he had a four of a kind! That's like the best card move you can get

NYSportsGuy210
    NYSportsGuy210's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 131

What was the expression on the guy who won the pot's face?

coop
    coop's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 127

"Tom Dwan from the button raised 32,000, his regular raise. I'm small blind. Call. The gentlemen [Minnesota businessman John Morgan] in big blind called. After this, 7s-Js-8c on the flop. I [bet] from first position, 50,000. [There was an] instant call from the gentleman, and Tom Dwan folded. Then, the eight of spades [on the turn]. Now it's 7-8-J of spades and 8 of clubs. I bet approximately 200,000, approximately the pot. This gentleman instantly called and was very excited. [He looked] around like all cameras in the world are looking at our hand. I don't know why, but it is looking for me like this. After this, the king of spades on the river. I bet 700,000, a little more than pot. I over-bet. Five seconds thinking and he is all-in for 700,000 and 2 million. For me, it's an easy fold. But I maybe thought for two minutes. For me, in real game for example, [it's an] easy fold.
    "I had physical tells plus technically, if he has two kings, he'd raise before the flop because he is a very straightforward player and Tom Dwan raised from button. Only one hand possible in theory, two jacks, but if he has two jacks, I think first of all, he'd raise Tom before the flop, though that is not 100 percent, plus, he would think more on the river because with kings plus straight flush plus two eights, he has [with jacks] only the fourth-best combination. … He should be thinking more about the pot. He was so excited on turn, the king did not frighten him at all. My over-bet did not frighten him, plus before this, he played very straightforward … very tight. He likes to participate in tournament. He cares not about money. … All together, I think [it's an] easy fold.

zam77
    zam77's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 687

I wonder if the odds of someone folding 4 of a kind are similar to someone getting 4 of a kind? 1 in 4,165.

The Giant
    The Giant's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 233

Quote Originally Posted by coop View Post
    "Tom Dwan from the button raised 32,000, his regular raise. I'm small blind. Call. The gentlemen [Minnesota businessman John Morgan] in big blind called. After this, 7s-Js-8c on the flop. I [bet] from first position, 50,000. [There was an] instant call from the gentleman, and Tom Dwan folded. Then, the eight of spades [on the turn]. Now it's 7-8-J of spades and 8 of clubs. I bet approximately 200,000, approximately the pot. This gentleman instantly called and was very excited. [He looked] around like all cameras in the world are looking at our hand. I don't know why, but it is looking for me like this. After this, the king of spades on the river. I bet 700,000, a little more than pot. I over-bet. Five seconds thinking and he is all-in for 700,000 and 2 million. For me, it's an easy fold. But I maybe thought for two minutes. For me, in real game for example, [it's an] easy fold.
    "I had physical tells plus technically, if he has two kings, he'd raise before the flop because he is a very straightforward player and Tom Dwan raised from button. Only one hand possible in theory, two jacks, but if he has two jacks, I think first of all, he'd raise Tom before the flop, though that is not 100 percent, plus, he would think more on the river because with kings plus straight flush plus two eights, he has [with jacks] only the fourth-best combination. … He should be thinking more about the pot. He was so excited on turn, the king did not frighten him at all. My over-bet did not frighten him, plus before this, he played very straightforward … very tight. He likes to participate in tournament. He cares not about money. … All together, I think [it's an] easy fold.
    After reading this, it sounds like the worst fold ever.

I had imagined them re-raising each other a couple of times at least. How in the world does he fold quads when there are several hands he could have beat, including a bluff?

A.M.S.
    A.M.S.'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 667

the guy had the straight flush .....he told the other players...... so it was a good fold .....
    i woulda went broke on that hand.

NYSportsGuy210
    NYSportsGuy210's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 131

He could have had Ace high flush. But if he was holding the 9s-10s (what a pretty looking hand btw) then more power to him. The guy who folded quads is a pro.

The Giant
    The Giant's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 233

Quote Originally Posted by A.M.S. View Post
    the guy had the straight flush .....he told the other players...... so it was a good fold .....
    i woulda went broke on that hand.
    Link?

rem sleep
    rem sleep's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18837

Is this on film? I would love to see it

aceking
    aceking's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 31

its possible , even I can flop a royal .

1 / 649,740

Le_Donk
    In the Zone
    Le_Donk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1080

Quote Originally Posted by coop View Post

good chance that he had a straight flush because every player would show his bluff when you get 4 of a kind to open fold

wikkidinsane
    wikkidinsane's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 150

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpion View Post
    smart man, you cant make money playing card games

just look at that black phil ivey, he is broke

Are you stupid or just dumb?

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

i think the guy did have the straight flush, i woulda went broke with the quads for sure, hero fold though at any rate.

PaperTrail07
    MMA is the most pure sport
    PaperTrail07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 585

aceking LOL get a real deck and see how many u flop