SBR Natalie
    SBR Natalie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16905

Interview w/ John Pappas of Poker Players Alliance

John Pappas of Poker Players Alliance interview

SBR interviewed Executive Director of Poker Players Alliance, John Pappas. Mr. Pappas speaks to recent gambling news out of Nevada, as well as states such as New Jersey. Nevada is currently poised to be the first state in US history to spread online poker games to residents. | Read more

konck
    Listen the toilet is flushing
    konck's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2311

Natalie ...new hair doo no glasses looks really good

mighty maron
    USA Bra over 2.5
    mighty maron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 85

Poker Players Alliance has been a cashgrab since the days that Party Poker was in the US market. I remember going thru Party Poker for my PPA membership. It has been how many years since the UIGEA? How many years have we had a Democrat in office?

The number one goal of the PPA is to ensure the PPA's existence. Plain and simple...the status quo benefits this organization.....

Economy has crashed in the USA for years and this organization cant prod a simple sin-vice tax on internet poker.......

I loather the Republicans for the UIGEA and pretty high on the list is the PPA....ineffective plain and simple....
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: BiTeMe UsAdOj

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

The state model is about retarded. I don't understand why these boneheads can't come up with a model that allows everyone to play in the same pool or at least states who opt in to join together to create a pool. The taxes should be fun too.

I can imagine how it goes. I win a $100 pot, there will be rake for the site, a state tax pulled, then they'll pull one for the bad beat jackpot, high hand jackpot, and then pull a dollar for a raffle to win a TV. After everyone gets theirs, I'll actually win $40 of the $100 pot. Wheeeeee
    Points Awarded:

BiTeMe UsAdOj gave daneblazer 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: VegasVixen

Emily_Haines
    Emily_Haines's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15319

Get ready for massive rake and tax forms getting sent to IRS. You thought it was going to be hard to win at party poker, poker stars or full tilt it going to be next to impossible to win a game the government has a hand in.
    Points Awarded:

BiTeMe UsAdOj gave Emily_Haines 3 SBR Point(s) for this post.

boondoggle
    99.82% of forum posters are idiots
    boondoggle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 61

I agree that PPA serves itself first. When you get your news from the headlines of papers--you are not in the backroom involved in any of the deals being made or created. PPA = total fail.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: BiTeMe UsAdOj

Kindred
    Bitcoin=Freedom
    Kindred's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 473

Where's my Full Tilt money you priks

ppa was started with financial help from FT...maybe getting players money should be your focus not giving handjobs to politicians
    Points Awarded:

BiTeMe UsAdOj gave Kindred 4 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Kindred
    Bitcoin=Freedom
    Kindred's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 473

Quote Originally Posted by daneblazer View Post
    The state model is about retarded. I don't understand why these boneheads can't come up with a model that allows everyone to play in the same pool or at least states who opt in to join together to create a pool. The taxes should be fun too.

I can imagine how it goes. I win a $100 pot, there will be rake for the site, a state tax pulled, then they'll pull one for the bad beat jackpot, high hand jackpot, and then pull a dollar for a raffle to win a TV. After everyone gets theirs, I'll actually win $40 of the $100 pot. Wheeeeee
    The only reason they won't regulate it on a federal level is politics. Interstate commerce is regulated by the Federal Government..internet gambling therefore should be regulated on a national level not state level. But that won't happen. Best we can hope for is something like the powerball lottery with multiple states pooling their players, but we will still get raped with fees/rake/tax

SBR Natalie

Quote Originally Posted by konck View Post
    Natalie ...new hair doo no glasses looks really good
    glasses? I dont think I've ever worn any on these shows? lol . . are you confusing me with someone else . . hmmm

ttwarrior1
    ttwarrior1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9800

ppa is a scam and just check out 2 plus 2 forums for that proof. You have to be quick as they delete those posts quick

what did the ppa do to warn us about black friday and what have they done since then ? Answer is nothing.

They also recently lied when they said they have never taken any money from anyone that was involved with full tilt.

Lie, as lederer and ferguson were on the ppa board and tilt gave the ppa money. I could go into greater detail but the ppa wants nothing but your money and not worth my time.

Get educated people
    Nomination(s):

SBR Natalie

Quote Originally Posted by Kindred View Post
    The only reason they won't regulate it on a federal level is politics. Interstate commerce is regulated by the Federal Government..internet gambling therefore should be regulated on a national level not state level. But that won't happen. Best we can hope for is something like the powerball lottery with multiple states pooling their players, but we will still get raped with fees/rake/tax
    Unfortunately greed is a major player in the slow manner at which all of this is being addressed! Can you imagine if legalising online poker had nothing to do with huge revenue for each state. Well you can bet your bottom dollar that INTER state online poker would be legalised in a heart beat! But NO, everyone wants a piece of the pie and they will fight tooth and nail until they get their share!