Emily_Haines
    Emily_Haines's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15319

Guy blows up on me last night

I have been playing with this guy for about an hour and this guy plays real tight and can't take much heat. I said the first chance I get I'm going to bluff this guy because I've seen these type of guys many times and there all pretty much the same.

Playing 1/2NL and I have about 200 and he has about 300

I have JTo on button and its a limp pot with 5-6 players in it

Flop comes AT3 two clubs

It's checked to me and I bet 10. The dick is in the BB and immediately check raises to 40. I know for sure I'm up against 2-pair minimum, no way this nit does it on a draw or just top pair. I can kinda discount a set of 10 or set of Aces. Since I have a 10, I think most likely it's his hand is A3. But what I'm really thinking is if a club comes I can just blast the shit out of the pot and he will fold. So I make the call. Or if another ten comes maybe that is good too. Pot now has about 85 in it.

Turn is Qd

He leads out and bets 55.

I make the call.

River is the Ks

So some how I runner, runner the nuts. He checks the river and I bet 75 leaving 12 behind. He starts calling me a donkey and says I if I have AJ I am one of the worst players ever. Starts criticizing me for not going all in and that my bet was stupid and didn't make any sense. Anyways after about 3 minutes he talks himself into the call. I flip over JT and he flips out and throws his cards across the table. Calls me a moron, a donkey, mutters loud enough for everyone to here how shitty I am. The starts asking me what the fuk I was doing then shakes his head laughs at me. Now I'm starting to get a little pissed and get up and let the poker room manager that this is BS. The poker room manager says I can go play at one of the other tables. I go back start racking up and he looks around the table and says just like all the shitty players they hit and run. I look at him and say no that's not it, I would rather just go to another table with out an asshole on it.

99% of people can handle losing but there is that 1% that are just bad losers. Saying "****", tipping a chair over, slamming the table, chucking your cards is one thing, but I think once it gets to the point where you criticize some one to their face right at the table about a hand they played that they should be 86'd for the rest of the day and it should be the dealers call.

Jimmy Proffett
    Jimmy Proffett's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 954

Yeah I think a player that goes too far should be kicked out if it disrupts the game. However, no way in hell would I have left that table. You had that guy right where you want him. Just get into squeezer mode and let him donk more chips your way.

downsouth
    Bobbywaves is a stiff
    downsouth's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25129

Dont really agree with the play but there is no excuse for his behavior.

infamousbacardi
    Alone In a Room
    infamousbacardi's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 132

Quote Originally Posted by Emily_Haines View Post
    Calls me a moron, a donkey, mutters loud enough for everyone to here how shitty I am.

He's right, just not for this hand you lucked out on.

The Giant
    The Giant's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 233

Quote Originally Posted by downsouth View Post
    Dont really agree with the play but there is no excuse for his behavior.
    This.

williamj1975
    williamj1975's Avatar Become A Pro!

Its good your thinking how to outplay your opponent post flop.Good players can win but only great players can learn how to really really outplay their opponents.What happened was the greatest thing in the world that could have ever happened to you in a poker game.....YOU SHOULD HAVE STAYED RIGHT THERE.....He is advertising to the whole table that you are a complete donkey.You should have not let it bother you and just thought....damn this guy is helping me by berating my play and know in your own mind that your not a donkey ...you were just trying to make an advanced move and got lucky on the guy.Next time let him keep helping your image and just sit there and take his money bc now he is on tilt and he will pay you off when you have a hand and so will everyone else

warriorfan707
    SBR Poster of the Milennium
    warriorfan707's Avatar Become A Pro!

If someone calls me a moron and an idiot I would call him a coksuckking loser and if he responded to that were going outside.

lunchbawks
    NB#
    lunchbawks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 173

you played that hand like a prick Emily, but that doesn't excuse his behaviour. good call on leaving the table a winner, no need to play with imbeciles that can't take a 200$ loss

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

The title of this thread had so much potential.

CaliSwag818
    BET BIG WIN BIG!
    CaliSwag818's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 83

i would've went all in on the river to tilt him. no way would i bet only 75 after he led out with 55 on the turn. i wouldve bet alot bigger than 75 or all in for sure.

Jeffie
    Jeffie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1163

Lets focus on the persons actions and not how they played there hand. To make a scene about losing 200$ or w/e it was is pathetic imo you did the right thing by moving tables. Your there to have fun not make a living.