d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21737

Quote Originally Posted by RudyRuetigger View Post
    tatddy has a fairly flexible schedule
    robert isnt sure he will get to play in any/all of them
    I wonder if SBR would allow teams to have alternates, so that if certain guys can't play certain days, then one of the alternates can step in....can that be arranged. Maybe allow guys 11-15th place to step in as needed?

playersonly69
    playersonly69's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 142

well rest assured that team world could have as many as 2-3 guys not play at all during the week. First of all, the times are bad for them but the main reason is because what little it took to actually make the world or Europe team. Guys could have qualified long ago and wont even post next week.

Mayba i should make a spreadsheet with all of the times that we want to play. Then we pretty miuch just stick with that when we know everyone by sunday. As long as at least 8 or 9 of us can play everyday then we should be able to win it all. If we have set times then we wont have like 3 guys that havent played all day trying to play in the 9pm tournament

playersonly69

we know that tatddy and baallaholic are definitely in and it appears that jimmy proffett is in with 80% fcertainty

yisman
    yisman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246162

Last year there was a lot of campaigning for alternates. SBR didn't allow it except one non-USA team had some guy that they were allowed to replace for unclear reasons.

But what I'm saying is that people often asked for alternates and they wouldn't bend on that.

RudyRuetigger
    Leave of absence until March Madness
    RudyRuetigger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 55

didnt profett place high in the noon?

is he over 5k pts?

RudyRuetigger

robert might have open times between 2-5 pm

so we can fill him in those slots.

i also mentioned that we can try to interchange those if his schedule does not allow for him to play in a designated time.

the key for us will be scheduling. if we can get all 10 people in 10 slots over 4 days itll be a great sign

RudyRuetigger

from now on, we should handle everything through PM.

i realized this can hurt communications, but apparently all other teams are doing that and some teams can plan according to who they want to play against. no sense in us giving away the lineup if they want to hide it.

it anyone wants to take over scheduling, ill be more than happy to give you all the info i know so far. if noone does, as people get over 5k, please PM me your times and i will be in contact with everyone over the weekend

tatddy
    tatddy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 608

Is there a private area here where we can just post a spreadsheet/schedule and have people fill it in?

RudyRuetigger

that would work best.

i think google docs has one, but it might be public

really not familiar with it or anything else.

tatddy

that would work best.

i think google docs has one, but it might be public

really not familiar with it or anything else.
    Well there is but the only way to pass it along would be through PM unless there's a private area here. Does everyone have pm access?

RudyRuetigger

ive been in contact with the top 5 so far and they all have PMs

if you or anyone else wants to set it up, i can give you the info i have so far and you (they) could set it up and PM everyone link

BiTeMe UsAdOj
    Profundity
    BiTeMe UsAdOj's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 716

I PM'd Lou and he got back to me: NO ALTERNATES

RudyRuetigger

usa team in shambles. everyone acting like a bunch of fukkin pussies. no spot is guaranteed to anyone. first come, first served apparently

dont PM me your spot i couldnt give a fukk where you play, they are turned off. ill find my own spot

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

usa team in shambles. everyone acting like a bunch of fukkin pussies. no spot is guaranteed to anyone. first come, first served apparently

dont PM me your spot i couldnt give a fukk where you play, they are turned off. ill find my own spot
    Nah man, we'll get it together. I'm 4895 now, should be in. In order of preference:

Monday: 8pm,9pm
    Tuesday: 6pm only
    Wednesday: 9pm,8pm
    Thursday: 9pm,8pm

Gruntworker
    Gruntworker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3899

Add me to the list of people who didn't want to jinx themselves by posting too early. After my cash in today's I have a fairly decent chance I think of making the team at 4855 now.

I'm not sure what happened in the communication before, but hopefully we can sort this all out this weekend. I'm playing from EST -6 hours. So I'm hoping for something that still allows me to still do drop off for my kids at school in the morning, but whatever... if I make the team, I'll take whatever needs to be filled in. Let's just get it sorted out this weekend so I can coordinate with my wife for her to cover drop off/pick up of the kids. It's only 4 days so I'll flip around my schedule and make it work whatever time slot I end up with.

Ok, I'm officially jinxed... so GL to team USA!

*Edit: I had to look it up, it's called HAST
    Hawaii-Aleutian Standard Time. I had no idea what it was called, but basically I'm 6 hours behind of Eastern Standard Time. So basically... I would prefer later slots, but I'll make anything work.
    Last edited by Gruntworker; 03-15-12 at 03:26 PM.

RudyRuetigger

ok i lied, i checked back in here mainly because im drinking.

i sent all relevant info to bitemeusadoj

he will be handling it all. so i suggest we send him a few points if we win.

i already said id handle the 12pm slot m-w since noone wants it, but that i need 8-9 on thursday.

i also said that if someone is in contention for the ipad with a different team, we should give that person first shot on thursday as to what time he wants.

if its between usa i think it should go according 1st to who has the most points mon-wed. if 2 are still tied it should go in the order of how you finished the qualifiers (unless someone has a better decision).

ipad is 9k points. team 1st is only 2500. we already have 3 for 8-9 slots so something has to give

BiTeMe UsAdOj
    Profundity

OK guys... we really need to get organized here, otherwise we have no chance to win (obviously).

I've culled all the information Rudy gave me and looked through the threads for more info regarding people's times but... for the Love of God... please remember that not everyone can play at 8-9! Just as Rudy says, something has to give and some concessions/accommodations have to be made.

Personally, I posted early that 5-9 works best for me... but, I switched some things around to fill the 1pm slot because I know that's a hard slot to fill. Gruntworker has graciously made accommodations to be a team player and has said he'd switch things 'round to help the team. Rudy and others have accommodated. So... please keep all that in mind when/where you get slotted.

If you RECEIVE an accommodation and get to play one or more days when you want, please be willing to GIVE an accommodation for the benefit of the team (and ultimately, yourself, as every individual needs the whole team functioning efficiently).

Frankly, the other teams seemingly are way ahead of us slotting-wise -- and I read people are changing things up to fit in... hell, Team World has to play at ridiculous hours and people are acommodating! -- so... let's get started by posting Monday's schedule (and I see no real substantive reason for secrecy of scheduling as other teams are already far along):

MONDAY

12pm: Rudy

1pm: Tat

2pm:Robert

3pm:Gruntworker

4pm:PO69

5pm: Bite (will flex if needed)

6pm

7pm

8pm:ballaholic

9pm: d2bets

TUESDAY

1pm: Tat (will flex if needed)

2pm: Robert

3pm: Gruntworker (will flex if needed)

4pm:PO69

5pm: Bite (will flex if needed)

6pm: d2bets

7pm:

8pm:

9pm: ballahollic

Wednesday

1pm: Bite (will flex if needed)

2pm: Robert

3pm: Gruntworker (will flex if needed)

4pm:

5pm: Tat

6pm:

7pm: ballahollic

8pm: PO69

9pm: d2bets

Two other slots are LOCKED and no longer available in addition to posted schedules:

Rudy: 8pm Thursday
    Tat: 1pm Thursday

The remaining slots will be filled by the remaining players that make the team... .or, if someone slotted for Monday wants to change to the 6 or 7 NOW (please contact me ASAP) in which case, the remaining players must fill the vacated spot. Hey... you qualified last, you get the slots that remain. That's only fair to all the others.

Obviously if someone jumps up and bumps someone already slotted... they will (tentatively) assume the slot of the person bumped.

If two individuals want to swap times with each other, that's obviously fine but PLEASE remember to follow through and keep the commitment.

Finally, for the record... I wanted to assume this task like I wanted a hole in the head. So... I humbly ask that you work with me here and work for the betterment of the TEAM. Any comments/suggestions please post in this thread or PM me.

TEAM USA can win this, fellas... Let's work together and GIT UR DONE!

(Tues-Thurs schedule forthcoming)

NOTE: All times referenced are EST
    Last edited by BiTeMe UsAdOj; 03-16-12 at 10:28 AM.

playersonly69

i can play at 4pm on tuesday as well, but i would have to play at 8pm or 9pm on wednesday or thursday.

Lets take first guys since it is 2500 sbr forum points. Second is just 1500 poker points

tatddy

Bite, first thanks a ton for doing this. You're quite a guy.

Before you get too entrenched in scheduling, It actually works better for me to play at 1pm than at 5pm on Monday. But if you've already arranged your schedule accordingly I'll deal with it. I'm supposed to meet at 5pm to divide up season tickets for the Giants with my group but I can send my girlfriend on my behalf.

I can play at any time on Tuesday. Wednesday anytime after 4pm. Thursday an earlier time would be preferable. I have to leave for work at 4:30ish Pacific.

BiTeMe UsAdOj
    Profundity

Quote Originally Posted by tatddy View Post
    Bite, first thanks a ton for doing this. You're quite a guy.

Before you get too entrenched in scheduling, It actually works better for me to play at 1pm than at 5pm on Monday. But if you've already arranged your schedule accordingly I'll deal with it. I'm supposed to meet at 5pm to divide up season tickets for the Giants with my group but I can send my girlfriend on my behalf.

I can play at any time on Tuesday. Wednesday anytime after 4pm. Thursday an earlier time would be preferable. I have to leave for work at 4:30ish Pacific.
    Tat... thanks so much for posting with such pertinent info.

OK... let me and you switch for Monday. You take 1, I'll move to 5. It actually works out much better for me at 5 so that's a win-win there, baby!
    (I'll edit accordingly)

Do you want the 12 or 1pm on Thursday? Your choice and I'll LOCK IT up. Also, can I lock you up now for the 5pm on Wednesday? Let me know, bud.

Complete aside: Boy did I F'up in the 12am tourney(Final Table)... Made a real bad read on Mr. Canada (you know, almasters) and sent him launching! Went from Penthouse to Outhouse chip-wise faster than Jenna Haze goes down on a Hu... well... needless to say... it was really, really fast. Complete pilot error!
    Last edited by BiTeMe UsAdOj; 03-16-12 at 01:05 AM.

tatddy

Quote Originally Posted by BiTeMe UsAdOj View Post
    Tat... thanks so much for posting with such pertinent info.

OK... let me and you switch for Monday. You take 1, I'll move to 5. It actually works out much better for me at 5 so that's a win-win there, baby!
    (I'll edit accordingly)

Do you want the 12 or 1pm on Thursday? Your choice and I'll LOCK IT up. Also, can I lock you up now for the 5pm on Wednesday? Let me know, bud.

Complete aside: Boy did I F'up in the 12am tourney(Final Table)... Made a real bad read on Mr. Canada (you know, almasters) and sent him launching! Went from Penthouse to Outhouse chip-wise faster than Jenna Haze goes down on a Hu... well... needless to say... it was really, really fast. Complete pilot error!
    Bite - it just occurred to me that we're talking Eastern times here. Damn bias. Still fine to play in the 1pm on Monday (10am my time). I'll take the 1pm on Thursday and the 5pm is fine for Wednesday.

Rough on the tourney but it you're in so it doesn't much matter. I haven't played with any intent the past few days. Just background noise. Bubbled 2 days ago and 13th today. I'll try and win tomorrow so I can have a respectable week.

ballahollic2
    Update your status
    ballahollic2's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10716

my monday time is good if i make the team. I don't think I will though if I don't cash tomorrow. don't really want to jinx it

Gruntworker
    Gruntworker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3899

Thanks for taking care of all this Bite! And you too Rudy! Organizing this has seriously gotta suck, so seriously much appreciated!

And that Monday slot works perfectly for me! I can drop the kids off at school and be back by 8:30 just in time for the 9 a.m. (3 p.m. EST) slot! And I'll still be able to make it in time to coach my kid's basketball team in the afternoon! Again, I'm flexible, especially since it's only 4 days... so fill me in wherever is needed.

Go team USA!!!

BiTeMe UsAdOj
    Profundity

Tuesday and Wednesday schedules added and now listed in post #52 along with Monday's (post #52 will also explain what happens if someone jumps up and bumps someone and: last qualifiers filling remaining slots).

Thursday's schedule is sketched in but (for now) we'll allow for the possibility of someone going for MVP (and coupla other scenarios) so we'll hold off on finalizing Thursday's schedule at this moment.

NOTE: Two slots are LOCKED for Thursday.
    I want to THANK EVERYBODY for their cooperation and Team-First attitude!

And a big GOOD LUCK to all those looking to solidify/qualify today!

Grunt said it best: Go Team USA!!!

RudyRuetigger

if someone that qualifies towards the end and needs my 12pm slot on tuesday i could take the 8pm.

also on thursday i prefer the 8-9 slot but if someone is going for mvp ill quit work 30minutes early and take the 7pm. obviously i would like to not do that though but i can make it happen if we have a scenario that needs it.

RudyRuetigger

wikkidinsane looks to be jumping into the top 10 after the 12pm. not sure what happened in the 4 and 8am or if they were already posted in lous updated standings

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

I'm going to likely play in the 10pm where I'll need a 1st or 2nd place finish to qualify...so it's a long shot.

Regardless of what happens, congratulations to the top 10 and good luck. You had to fight off a hell of a field to make it.

RudyRuetigger

Noon Enkhbat
    1pm Wulfman
    2pm aceking
    3pm Duff85
    4pm Optional
    5pm Brad 89
    6pm Augustus/Katstale <-- you guys confirm who is doing which slot?
    7pm katstale/Augustus
    8pm Pegasus
    9pm PanamaBrad

atleast we know the worlds team.

PM me if you have any info on enkhbat

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

Thursday I can play in the 9pm,7pm or 6pm if needed. I could have also possibly played the 1pm but I see that's taken.

BiTeMe UsAdOj
    Profundity

Thanks for the updates Rudy, d2...

wikkid check in ASAP please (didn't have time today to follow tourney results)

dane... buddy... GOOD LUCK and pull a Kirk Gibson, bud!

tatddy

Noon Enkhbat
    1pm Wulfman
    2pm aceking
    3pm Duff85
    4pm Optional
    5pm Brad 89
    6pm Augustus/Katstale <-- you guys confirm who is doing which slot?
    7pm katstale/Augustus
    8pm Pegasus
    9pm PanamaBrad

atleast we know the worlds team.

PM me if you have any info on enkhbat
    Thought you turned your fking pms off. Now, off to your scouting.

RudyRuetigger

Quote Originally Posted by tatddy View Post
    Thought you turned your fking pms off. Now, off to your scouting.
    how many times are you going to quit sbr poker?

im not here to beg people to play in world cup. if you dont want to play dont fukkin play.

tatddy

how many times are you going to quit sbr poker?

im not here to beg people to play in world cup. if you dont want to play dont fukkin play.
    Fk you Rudy. You of all people should now that people get mad/drunkk etc. and say things in jest. Thanks for being so understanding.

RudyRuetigger

GL next week.

I pmed wikkid. hopefully he will check in soon

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

***** Hand history (v1.2) ***** Hand ID 1532942 $0 + $22 Texas Hold'em (No Limit) - 22:09:13 16/03/2012 ET Table 'Table 25875', 10 seats max, Real money Seat 2 is the button. Small Blind $10, Big Blind $20 Note: seat IDs range from 1 to 10 Seat 1 (playing) : DrStale, amount $1860, amount bet $0, penalty (None) Seat 2 (playing) : stevex, amount $1770, amount bet $0, penalty (None) Seat 3 (playing) : GUMMO77, amount $1760, amount bet $0, penalty (None) Seat 4 (playing) : sweethook, amount $1327, amount bet $0, penalty (None) Seat 5 (playing) : blackbart, amount $1770, amount bet $0, penalty (None) Seat 6 (playing) : daneblazer, amount $1850, amount bet $0, penalty (None) Seat 7 (playing) : ijenpo, amount $1800, amount bet $0, penalty (None) Seat 8 (playing) : zacharyj53, amount $2413, amount bet $0, penalty (None) Seat 9 (playing) : ballahollic2, amount $1700, amount bet $0, penalty (None) Seat 10 (playing) : JAKEPEAVY21, amount $1750, amount bet $0, penalty (None) GUMMO77: Small Blind ($10) sweethook: Big Blind ($20) ** Dealing Down Cards ** Dealt to daneblazer: [Ks, Kc] blackbart: Call ($20) daneblazer: Raise ($80) ijenpo: Raise ($1800) zacharyj53: Fold ballahollic2: Fold JAKEPEAVY21: Fold DrStale: Fold stevex: Fold GUMMO77: Fold sweethook: Fold blackbart: Fold daneblazer: Call ($1720) daneblazer: Show Cards ($0) ijenpo: Show Cards ($0) ** Dealing Flop ** Community cards: [6s, 9d, 3h] ** Dealing Turn ** Community cards: [Tc] ** Dealing River ** Community cards: [Qd] ** End Round ** ** Evaluate ** daneblazer: Show Cards ($0) ijenpo: Show Cards ($0) ** Showdown ** Main pot $3650, Rake $0 Summary daneblazer: bet $1800, won $0, net $-1800, HoleCards [Ks, Kc] Summary ijenpo: bet $1800, won $3650, net $1850, HoleCards [Th, Td], HiHand [three of a kind, tens] [Th, Td, Tc, Qd, 9d], won $3650 from main pot

and with the patented SBR two outter, I'm done.

First 12345 ... Last