milwaukee mike
    milwaukee mike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7585

wow lasted one whole hand SBR POKER

blinds 10/20
    raised to 120 from the button 1st hand with qq

got 2 callers

flop 358 with 2 diamonds, i shove 1680 and get called by k4 diamonds

not crying or whining, just wondering why sbr had to deal me a cooler on the VERY FIRST HAND!
    usually i get a good 1/2 hour in before something ridiculous
    Points Awarded:

RyanLeafOfBets gave milwaukee mike 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: RyanLeafOfBets

eleuropeano
    eleuropeano's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1924

Haha, went out to the same guy a hand later with set 6s vs set Qs

BIGDAY
    angelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24866

the laddeis never treat me well either...

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

duno why u would just open shove there? i guess its cuz hands like k4 of diamonds will call, LOL, i would expect to be behind if i get called there.

BigDaddy
    BigDaddy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 729

i sucked out on bigday

turned an ace

milwaukee mike

Quote Originally Posted by thetrinity View Post
    duno why u would just open shove there? i guess its cuz hands like k4 of diamonds will call, LOL, i would expect to be behind if i get called there.
    with 400 in the pot, i didn't want to bet 400 and be open to the check-raise. would i fold qq to an extra 1200 with a flop of 358 to a guy that called a 6x reraise preflop? with what would be 2400 in the pot at that point, i would probably call.
    so by shoving i "try" to lose the chasers when they see they are getting only 5 to 4 odds on calling when they have 9 outs.

never works how you want it to, because people quite often call with hands they shouldn't, but shoving was the right move on my part.

milwaukee mike

Quote Originally Posted by eleuropeano View Post
    Haha, went out to the same guy a hand later with set 6s vs set Qs
    so you were gone on the 2nd hand?
    yikes

sbr dealing crazier than usual today

jetsjets1028
    jetsjets1028's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1363

wow what great job

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears

Quote Originally Posted by milwaukee mike View Post
    with 400 in the pot, i didn't want to bet 400 and be open to the check-raise. would i fold qq to an extra 1200 with a flop of 358 to a guy that called a 6x reraise preflop? with what would be 2400 in the pot at that point, i would probably call.
    so by shoving i "try" to lose the chasers when they see they are getting only 5 to 4 odds on calling when they have 9 outs.

never works how you want it to, because people quite often call with hands they shouldn't, but shoving was the right move on my part.
    ya u cant fold qq with that much in the pot heads up, you want to give hands like k4 of diamonds a chance to play back at you though IMO. most players (except the really bad ones) will fold even something like 99 in that spot when you overshove so much that early, your bet should really only be called by something that beats u, mainly a set.

Wulfman14
    The Great Khali
    Wulfman14's Avatar Become A Pro!

the same people are repeatedly cashing (silkec and carseller to name a few( and i 'm pretty sure they arent better poker players than me. today my qq loses to 10s and then Kace falls to K3. this software is pissing me the fuk off.

UntilTheNDofTimE
    I thought i told you that we dont stop
    UntilTheNDofTimE's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 151

Your vested 120 in this pot and you open shove 1600 into a 400 dollar pot? Guess you just assume no one will ever have a set. It is a free roll and players with draw early on will call regardless of the bet amount. Its just a horrible play to begin with. Poker is more about pot control than most people understand and most people get way over attached to big pocket pairs.

On that flop you bet 325 get 2 callers or what have you and a big bet on the turn with a blank card will get chasers out especially With 1 card to come and the pot not being huge at the time. What player will fold on the flop in a freeroll with a chance to double up early.

Cash Game vs tourney is a big difference but your play here was pretty horrible.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21689

Better to lose on the first hand than waste a half hour and lose all the same.

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears

Quote Originally Posted by UntilTheNDofTimE View Post
    Your vested 120 in this pot and you open shove 1600 into a 400 dollar pot? Guess you just assume no one will ever have a set. It is a free roll and players with draw early on will call regardless of the bet amount. Its just a horrible play to begin with. Poker is more about pot control than most people understand and most people get way over attached to big pocket pairs.

On that flop you bet 325 get 2 callers or what have you and a big bet on the turn with a blank card will get chasers out especially With 1 card to come and the pot not being huge at the time. What player will fold on the flop in a freeroll with a chance to double up early.

Cash Game vs tourney is a big difference but your play here was pretty horrible.
    pretty much agree but the k4 suited shouldnt call 120 preflop anyways. actually the hand has 12 outs vs queens, 11 if milwaukee holds the queen of diamonds, so almost 50% anyways. IRL most guys would lay down the hand on that much of an overbet on that flop.

UntilTheNDofTimE

pretty much agree but the k4 suited shouldnt call 120 preflop anyways. actually the hand has 12 outs vs queens, 11 if milwaukee holds the queen of diamonds, so almost 50% anyways. IRL most guys would lay down the hand on that much of an overbet on that flop.
    In reallife you wont shove 1600 to win 400 either. 9/10 if you get called your drawing to 2 outs. Someone already has a made hand. Free rolls are a different story cause people will call 6x with K4 suit

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears

In reallife you wont shove 1600 to win 400 either. 9/10 if you get called your drawing to 2 outs. Someone already has a made hand. Free rolls are a different story cause people will call 6x with K4 suit
    very true, no one would do that in real money tournaments shove 1600 into 400. and i agree, ur almost always against a set if that bet gets called in real life, i just assume that most guys in these tournies have never played poker besides on here or maybe some nickel dime game at their house.

milwaukee mike

i have played live poker for 20 years so some of the comments here are laughable.

still have no idea why you think my play is so horrible, flop went check-check-then i shoved. if i bet 325 into the pot of 400 and it gets raised then do i call the 1200 into the pot of 2300? tough decision with that flop, and i take that decision out of play.
    if it gets called, then what do i do on the turn? my chips get in the pot either way, it's better to get them in when i am a huge favorite.

the odds he has a set are ridiculously low. he was in the blinds, so let's say about 1 in 14 chance he started with a pair (it's really 1 in 17 but i'm eliminating some garbage hands since he called a raise), multiply that by 1 in 8 chance or so of hitting that pair on the flop.
    so roughly 1 in 100 chance that i was going against a set, another 1 in 50 chance that i was going against 2 pair.

so the odds i was behind on the flop are 3 in 100, much more value in hands that will be behind calling than hands that are ahead of me forcing me into losing more chips (since i was pretty much calling at that point anyway).

King Mayan
    STFU AND SQUAT PUTO
    King Mayan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3679

Sbr poker= no skill, pure luck...

I know because i cash sometimes and i suck donkey balls.

UntilTheNDofTimE

i have played live poker for 20 years so some of the comments here are laughable.

still have no idea why you think my play is so horrible, flop went check-check-then i shoved. if i bet 325 into the pot of 400 and it gets raised then do i call the 1200 into the pot of 2300? tough decision with that flop, and i take that decision out of play.
    if it gets called, then what do i do on the turn? my chips get in the pot either way, it's better to get them in when i am a huge favorite.

the odds he has a set are ridiculously low. he was in the blinds, so let's say about 1 in 14 chance he started with a pair (it's really 1 in 17 but i'm eliminating some garbage hands since he called a raise), multiply that by 1 in 8 chance or so of hitting that pair on the flop.
    so roughly 1 in 100 chance that i was going against a set, another 1 in 50 chance that i was going against 2 pair.

so the odds i was behind on the flop are 3 in 100, much more value in hands that will be behind calling than hands that are ahead of me forcing me into losing more chips (since i was pretty much calling at that point anyway).

You been playing for 20 years and you still dont have a clue. So according to you no one ever limps with a small pocket pairs and calls a button raise of 6x. Button raises are the worst spot to raise and get any respect.

You said you shoved cause your afraid of a check raise. What range of hand do you think you can beat on a retaise? Youd be getting raised with someone have 2 pair, a set or top pair top kicker with the nut draw( if thats possible on that board. So yes it was a horrible play.

UntilTheNDofTimE

On that flop your getting reraised with
    A8 D
    46D

2 pair is unlikely. More likely is A8D or a set. If your getting retaised on that board 80% of the time your behind. If you open shove and you get called your behind 90% of the time

milwaukee mike

You been playing for 20 years and you still dont have a clue. So according to you no one ever limps with a small pocket pairs and calls a button raise of 6x. Button raises are the worst spot to raise and get any respect.

You said you shoved cause your afraid of a check raise. What range of hand do you think you can beat on a retaise? Youd be getting raised with someone have 2 pair, a set or top pair top kicker with the nut draw( if thats possible on that board. So yes it was a horrible play.
    did i say no one ever limps? thanks for being an arrogant prick and twisting around my words and the facts but my play was still not horrible no matter how many times you say it.
    under your scenario i "might" save 1200 3% of the time, assuming i folded to any raise.

i didn't shove because i was afraid of a check raise, i shoved to lose a chaser unless they wanted to pay a premium to do it. isn't it a good idea to force your opponent into a tough decision instead of forcing yourself into a tough decision?

i forced him into making a bad call and i got all the chips in the pot as a 66% favorite. if that's so horrible then i'll keep doing it under the risk that someone flopped a 3%er.
    what would you do after the turn if your 350 got called and they checked again? if they have a set and are smart enough to check the flop, they are checking the turn, you are shoving another 600 and forced to call the all-in.

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1848

At least you got maximum value out of the hand. lol

No one is ever folding a flush draw on here and why would you when it hits so often......

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears

cmon until i dont think they have two pair on a 358 board hardly ever even in these tournies. only legit hand that beats him on that given action is a set that can actually call a 4x shove, his all in makes it easy folds for the range of hands he beats, hands like 99 or the 8 and any kicker. probably folds out the shit flush draws even.

the actual odds according to card player is between 45 and 48 percent for the k4 suited to win, depending if milwaukee got the bitch of diamonds or not.

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears

did i say no one ever limps? thanks for being an arrogant prick and twisting around my words and the facts but my play was still not horrible no matter how many times you say it.
    under your scenario i "might" save 1200 3% of the time, assuming i folded to any raise.

i didn't shove because i was afraid of a check raise, i shoved to lose a chaser unless they wanted to pay a premium to do it. isn't it a good idea to force your opponent into a tough decision instead of forcing yourself into a tough decision?

i forced him into making a bad call and i got all the chips in the pot as a 66% favorite. if that's so horrible then i'll keep doing it under the risk that someone flopped a 3%er.
    what would you do after the turn if your 350 got called and they checked again? if they have a set and are smart enough to check the flop, they are checking the turn, you are shoving another 600 and forced to call the all-in.
    barely a 50 percent favorite actually against his hand, which was a loose as all get up call.

my main bitch is that you lose the hands you slaughter by shoving and they r going to gamble for free points anyways on the draws. they arent gona "gamble" with a 5 outer like 89 offsuit.

UntilTheNDofTimE

Trinity i stated above hes getting raised with 33,55, A8 or 46D

Milwaukee your over thinking the math there. Yes theres a 3/100 chance he may have a set there but that dosent make a open shove the correct move there. Keep open shoving on that board every time just hoping someone only has a flush draw is a bad play.

hels
    hels's Avatar Become A Pro!

K4 will win nearly 40% of the time. Don't know why you think it is such a bad beat.

BIGDAY
    angelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24866

Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddy View Post
    i sucked out on bigday

turned an ace
    This fukkker just lays in the weeds... then BAM!!!! Knocks me off...

Actually kind of funny, Daddy asked me if I wanted him to call, I responded with what I had KQ, He had AJ i think...

Flop came out as I was doing the k
    k
    k
    k
    k
    k
    k
    k
    k thing. it fukkiin works, lol

Flop was K84 or something, i stop doing the

k
    k
    k
    k
    k thing and BAM!!! ACE on the turn.

I love BigDaddy, it's all good!

milwaukee mike

i respect your opinions guys, there's always more than one way to skin a cat.

i just took offense to the comment that my play was "horrible", i think over a million hands that would put me better off than betting 350-400 on the flop since i'm going to be trapped by the set anyway and unless the turn is a king or ace i'm likely to be calling off my chips against 2 pair/flush/whatever.
    we'll agree to disagree on this one but again, i respect the opinions.

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears

sorry until i did see that you specified that as i was typing my response.

hes not even way ahead of a big flush draw like the king or ace draw due to the additional overcard outs.

hes actually the underdog if this guy has 46 or 67 of diamonds.

milwaukee mike

Quote Originally Posted by hels View Post
    K4 will win nearly 40% of the time. Don't know why you think it is such a bad beat.
    to be clear i didn't think it was a bad beat at all.

just thought it was interesting that i lost on the VERY FIRST hand, after winning the button and getting dealt qq into a garbage flop.

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears

i respect your opinions guys, there's always more than one way to skin a cat.

i just took offense to the comment that my play was "horrible", i think over a million hands that would put me better off than betting 350-400 on the flop since i'm going to be trapped by the set anyway and unless the turn is a king or ace i'm likely to be calling off my chips against 2 pair/flush/whatever.
    we'll agree to disagree on this one but again, i respect the opinions.
    certainly not horrible by sbr standards at least. i would much rather play small ball tho myself.

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears

milwaukee never said it was a bad beat, hes wrong when he said he was 66% ahead tho, more like low 50ish percent favorite.

milwaukee mike

certainly not horrible by sbr standards at least. i would much rather play small ball tho myself.
    and i'm not gonna lie, the fact that playing slow for 90 minutes gets you like 40 points which you have to roll over for another hour makes me play faster and bigger. that's making about 50cents/hour if you're lucky

milwaukee mike

milwaukee never said it was a bad beat, hes wrong when he said he was 66% ahead tho, more like low 50ish percent favorite.
    true i wasn't taking into account the king on his end, it's 55-45% with me as a favorite
    http://www.freepokertraining.com/odd..._simulator.asp

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears

i understand trying to double up early when the tourny is kinda a shovefest is a bigger advantage then it would be in a slower type tourney. tourneys r fine in length IMO i dont want to sit there for 5 hours to win 400 points either. im content tryin to play poker tho.

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1848

Looking at the standings maybe Mike could use some tips.

12 Last