samdapatriotsfan
    samdapatriotsfan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1040

Quote Originally Posted by Herky View Post
    Every single poker game in the world has crazy river cards. Most of the time, you probably shouldn't have been in the hand. It's part of the game, happens in every game, tourney, ring everywhere!

Exactly

ireland1946
    ireland1946's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2267

Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddy View Post
    like i said yesterday

i need to start kissing some ass around here.

i see people get QQ KK AA

my cards

I rather have 27 38 46 at least I fold and try another hand
    got beaten with Pocket AA KK QQ JJ so many times and knocked out of the Game its unreal

spankie
    Long Live Rodney!
    spankie's Avatar Become A Pro!

Well ofcourse all poker games have crazy river cards, im talking about frequency. When you watch 10 hands and 5 of those have some insane river card pop up making the weakest hand win, that's slightly fishy to me.

IT IS WHAT IT IS.

It's not real, it's software, what am I supposed to expect, lol.

no1here
    no1here's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6547

when poker first started I watch pocket kings go down five times in a row. Then I notice way too many bad beats and insane hands to the point that I quit the site.

1949's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1648

i think we all get rivered alot it's part of the game..........so you got to count the times you get saved on the river as well

Richards
    Richards's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 198

Quote Originally Posted by falconticket View Post
    No such thing as Random Number Generator. All are pre-programmed algorithms that are predictable and eventually repeat. The computer is not capable of producing numbers or cards at random. They only appear random.

This is misinformation.

What you are describing is a Pseudo-Random Number Generator.

Modern PRNGs are usually based on cryptographic ciphers, where being able to predict future output based on past inputs is the same problem as breaking the cipher, and if you could break a well known such cipher like AES, you'd have the world banking industry scrambling in an instant.

"eventually repeat" yes but any modern PRNG has a cycle length such that you could generate a random number for every atom in the universe and still not repeat back to the beginning.

A true RNG (vs PRNG) uses an external source of uncertainty such as thermal noise as it affects hard drive timing or an electronic oscillator, measuring timing between radioactive decays, or other such natural sources of real randomness.

I'd guess most poker sites use a compromise where they combine bits from a "true" RNG with a secure cipher like AES to generate a random sequence that will a) not repeat and b) be unpredictable.

Sorry if I bored some folks with this jargon but I see this "pre-programmed, predicatble, repeating" thing posted once in awhile and it's a misinterpretation.

Well.....I'd assume it's not true this is why I'd like to see more transparency in how poker sites generate their shuffles......

First 12