VTranX
    VTranX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 314

Online Poker

Ive been playing online poker for a while these past weeks been losing left and right lol Word to the wise...if you like gambling then stay away from poker! I know from experience =p. Been giving it a rest and only been playing at night where there are no games to gamble on. As i said, i'm just taking it easy right now only playing $10 big tourys with 1,000+ entrants. Made some small cashes, google my poker username "VTranX" for my info on tourny finishes.

Anyone play real money online poker here? What stakes have you been up or down?

ttwarrior1
    ttwarrior1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9800

about 2000 on here play online poker, been playing almost 8 years

dtp
    dtp's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 231

Online poker games are much together than they were about 4-5 years ago. That's for sure.

nyed1010
    nyed1010's Avatar Become A Pro!

if your actually half decent at poker, poker is wayyyyyy more +EV than sports gambling. If you aren't making any money playing poker, it means you suck. I learned this the hard way. I deposited several times on pokerstars thinking I was just getting "unlucky", then I finally found out I'm just simply not good(also not patient enough, especially now, with the smaller fish pool, where grinding multiple tables is pretty much the only way to make a decent profit) at poker. Now, I only play for the pure amusement of it as I'm a huge fan of poker. I probably enjoy watching it more than I do playing it.

Numenor80
    Numenor80's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 318

You just need to do a lot of reading, then some playing, then more reading and you will be fine. It's a game you have to study.

Ochocinco85mvp
    Ochocinco85mvp's Avatar Become A Pro!

Honestly the best way to play online poker is to be patient. You will get your hands and when you do just milk it. People toss away money and its pretty easy if you play what you have and be patient

JohnnyD4916
    JohnnyD4916's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 731

I play mostly sit n go tournaments, I play everyday. $10-$100 tournaments

scarface2738
    scarface2738's Avatar Become A Pro!

50nl ftp rush poker FR reg here.

LLXC
    LLXC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10451

You said you're losing left and right, and that you're playing LARGE entry tournaments. Well, it's going to take a while before you cash one so that's actually normal.

BigLouie66
    BigLouie66's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 509

Try single table sitNgos, you only have to beat 7 people intead of 1000...

BernardMadoff
    Sam Hurd +3000
    BernardMadoff's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 280

Quote Originally Posted by Ochocinco85mvp View Post
    Honestly the best way to play online poker is to be patient. You will get your hands and when you do just milk it. People toss away money and its pretty easy if you play what you have and be patient
    This. People online bluff way too much, its just too easy for them to click their mouse and hurl money they dont visibly see at the moment. They think when they raise a big amount its gonna scare you so they raise away until you call or reraise them and their sitting there dumbfounded.