sbr_poker
    sbr_poker's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2520

Poker Disconnects

Poker Disconnects

If you are having poker disconnect problems, please keep the following in mind.

Disconnects are a result of communications problems anywhere between the player's computer and the poker server. With the nature of the internet there are many variables to consider when diagnosing connection problems. The internet is a peer-to-peer network and is inherently not 100% reliable. The data sent between a player's computer and the poker servers will pass through approximately 8 to 20 routers. These routers do not belong to SBR or the player's Internet Service Provider (ISP). Your connection is only as good as the worst of these routers. If any of these routers are having problems or fail to properly forward data, disconnects or game lags may occur. Outages happen somewhere on the internet all of the time, as routers are shut down, restart, or fail. Data is routed around such outages as best it can be, but sometimes this takes time and may cause communications failure. Along with router issues, the player's local connection (modems, cabling, wired and wireless routers, etc.) and ISP can affect communications.

Playing online games is not the same as browsing the internet or checking e-mail, and is a lot more demanding on a connection. Typical internet usage involves loading a web page and then the connection is idle since the user's computer does not need to stay connected to the web server. With more complex applications like poker, the connection is constant and must remain stable. This is why a user is often able to browse web sites even when the poker connection is having problems.

If a player has connection problems with SBR Poker but not at any other poker sites then it could be because of problems reaching our geographic location (Costa Rica) or possibly how our poker software handles poor or weak connections. We are always trying to get more information about those cases so we can isolate the problem and fix it.

What can be done about a consistently bad connection:

* If using wireless, try a wired instead of a wireless connection (use a cable from your modem or router to your PC)

* If applicable, upgrade from an unstable router (Dlink DI-624 and similar models, Linksys BEF series among others)

* Replace old, poor or damaged cables

* Turn off spy-ware/anti-virus detectors/scanners when playing poker

* Don't do high bandwidth torrents or downloads (online video, movies, etc) when playing poker

If connection problems continue, please send the following information to PM or Email:

* Results of this Ping Test. Click on San Jose, Costa Rica on the map for the test server. Please include Packet Loss, Ping, Jitter, and Grade.

* Operating System (Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7, etc.)

* Computer Processor (Pentium 4, 2.4 GHz, etc.). To get this: Click the 'Start' button / Click 'Control Panel' / Click 'System'.

* System RAM (512 MB, 1 GB, 2 GB, etc.). Included in 'System' information, see above.

* Connection Type (Dial-Up, Cable, DSL, Satellite, etc.)

* Router/Modem (Dlink DI-624, Linksys WRTG54GS, etc.)

* Router/Modem Connection (wireless or wired)

* ISP (Internet Service Provider)(company name that provides your internet service)

Thanks
    Points Awarded:

ivanator gave sbr_poker 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

GAB
    GAB's Avatar Become A Pro!

yeah i hate getting D/CED

nosniboR11
    fu
    nosniboR11's Avatar Become A Pro!

lol

milwaukee mike
    milwaukee mike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7585

something about this software consistently drops me and others

i beta-tested bodog with a terrible connection at the time and never got frozen like i do on sbr at least once a game

Justin7
    Justin7's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1506

I'm pretty sure this is software side. I have been disconnected from a poker site maybe once in my life. The last time I played an SBR tourney, I got booted about 5 times.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 2 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: thadchr, and wikkidinsane

chase hardy
    chase hardy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 88

i have all kinds of stuff running, but never no problems on this poker site! Gl though

Arsenal
    Arsenal's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Justin7 View Post
    I'm pretty sure this is software side. I have been disconnected from a poker site maybe once in my life. The last time I played an SBR tourney, I got booted about 5 times.
    Agreed. If I am on my laptop I get disconnected every few minutes. At the same time I was playing on PokerStars and was never getting disconnected.

jgray
    jgray's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 244

Quote Originally Posted by Justin7 View Post
    Agree. I don't think I can remember the last time I was disconnected from Stars. Happens quite a bit on this client.

nosniboR11
    fu
    nosniboR11's Avatar Become A Pro!

you want us to turn off our anti- virus software to play

mighty maron
    USA Bra over 2.5
    mighty maron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 85

4 times tonight for me. A window pops up saying play tables not available or something like that. Vexing....I play on cake, merge,and other sites. I do not get disconnected and still be able to troll the internet. I would really like to win this for some cash on this site but this is too much. Im going to shove in and call it a night.

mighty maron
    USA Bra over 2.5

Reduced to all in or fold. This is not on my side.

mighty maron
    USA Bra over 2.5

Every time chanellygurl showed cards after a fold...I would freeze...odd..

RudyRuetigger
    Leave of absence until March Madness
    RudyRuetigger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 55

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    Agreed. If I am on my laptop I get disconnected every few minutes. At the same time I was playing on PokerStars and was never getting disconnected.
    i dont know why, but it seems like everyone that gets disconnected is on a laptop. i never play on my laptop, but i never have trouble on the desktop.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Please don't disconnect the anti-virus software while playing SBR poker. I'm pretty sure the $1000 computer you are playing with worths more than the $50 freeplay prize or the 25 point prize.

BigLouie66
    BigLouie66's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 509

i've played in about 4 tourneys and no problems yet....

sideloaded
    staring into the abyss
    sideloaded's Avatar Become A Pro!

Suggesting it's the players local router is laughable. odds are it's the network stack in the software along with the server being located in a third world.

Kubilak
    Kubilak's Avatar Become A Pro!

Certainly would make sense to be software side i cant even get the software to update off version 1.0.0

RichardMoss
    RichardMoss's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1883

the current version is the 1.0.0 Build 24

Stinger
    Stinger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Was D/C like 4 times already, I can't remember last time I disconnected on anything

SHADYLANKY
    Update your status
    SHADYLANKY's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 196

Any news on current problem?

VegasVixen
    Update your status
    VegasVixen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1357

I'm d/c'd, able to open the software but it won't seat me back in the tourney?

Navillus13
    Navillus13's Avatar Become A Pro!

I got DCd as well.. software is buggy as shiz.

oiler
    oiler's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2500

Quote Originally Posted by sbr_poker View Post
    Poker Disconnects

If you are having poker disconnect problems, please keep the following in mind.

Disconnects are a result of communications problems anywhere between the player's computer and the poker server. With the nature of the internet there are many variables to consider when diagnosing connection problems. The internet is a peer-to-peer network and is inherently not 100% reliable. The data sent between a player's computer and the poker servers will pass through approximately 8 to 20 routers. These routers do not belong to SBR or the player's Internet Service Provider (ISP). Your connection is only as good as the worst of these routers. If any of these routers are having problems or fail to properly forward data, disconnects or game lags may occur. Outages happen somewhere on the internet all of the time, as routers are shut down, restart, or fail. Data is routed around such outages as best it can be, but sometimes this takes time and may cause communications failure. Along with router issues, the player's local connection (modems, cabling, wired and wireless routers, etc.) and ISP can affect communications.

Playing online games is not the same as browsing the internet or checking e-mail, and is a lot more demanding on a connection. Typical internet usage involves loading a web page and then the connection is idle since the user's computer does not need to stay connected to the web server. With more complex applications like poker, the connection is constant and must remain stable. This is why a user is often able to browse web sites even when the poker connection is having problems.

If a player has connection problems with SBR Poker but not at any other poker sites then it could be because of problems reaching our geographic location (Costa Rica) or possibly how our poker software handles poor or weak connections. We are always trying to get more information about those cases so we can isolate the problem and fix it.

What can be done about a consistently bad connection:

* If using wireless, try a wired instead of a wireless connection (use a cable from your modem or router to your PC)

* If applicable, upgrade from an unstable router (Dlink DI-624 and similar models, Linksys BEF series among others)

* Replace old, poor or damaged cables

* Turn off spy-ware/anti-virus detectors/scanners when playing poker

* Don't do high bandwidth torrents or downloads (online video, movies, etc) when playing poker

If connection problems continue, please send the following information to PM or Email:

* Results of this Ping Test. Click on San Jose, Costa Rica on the map for the test server. Please include Packet Loss, Ping, Jitter, and Grade.

* Operating System (Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7, etc.)

* Computer Processor (Pentium 4, 2.4 GHz, etc.). To get this: Click the 'Start' button / Click 'Control Panel' / Click 'System'.

* System RAM (512 MB, 1 GB, 2 GB, etc.). Included in 'System' information, see above.

* Connection Type (Dial-Up, Cable, DSL, Satellite, etc.)

* Router/Modem (Dlink DI-624, Linksys WRTG54GS, etc.)

* Router/Modem Connection (wireless or wired)

* ISP (Internet Service Provider)(company name that provides your internet service)

Thanks
    i think it was a total failure to an experiment.why have so many people have problems on this program.because it isnt working and to think i wasted my time on such a disaster

xkgb
    IN THREAD
    xkgb's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23

im pissed...i was doing good and then...BAM....I better get points for this wasted time

HoldEmHook!!
    BAMA 70 Auburn 0
    HoldEmHook!!'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41

I did the ping test and sent the other requested data and still get dis-connected several times a game at SBR........never get booted from anything else on the net and I play poker on 3 other web sites

dlweaver
    one day at a time....
    dlweaver's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

Sounds like a tough nite of poker

kzee89
    kzee89's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25

its worse on pokerstars..

Conan
    Conan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 818

ya i am disconected evrey couple of miunets while i am playing other poker sites at the same time with not even lag the software end needs to be fixed

xkgb
    IN THREAD

Quote Originally Posted by kzee89 View Post
    its worse on pokerstars..

hell naw...i play on 5 other poker sites and pokerstars and fulltilt are among the best....I NEVER got disconnected b4....NEVER EVER EVER....This aint no "my fault shit" this is on sbr poker....better believe it.

I WANNA KILL SOMEONE

JACK MATZ
    JACK MATZ's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2213

Yea, like Justin said, its the software. I play on 4 different sites 8 hours a day and may have only been disconnected 1 time in the last 30 days.
    I think you guys are doing a great job considering that its free. This is by far one of the best sites on the internet and once you get the poker thing going good....... Look out!

ireland1946
    ireland1946's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2267

Played last night in the new TEST POKER SITE
    pile of crap had a good bankroll build and got frozen
    tried every which way to reconnect and could not
    Piece of shit was realy pissed off
    never again

kydchi
    kydchi's Avatar Become A Pro!

yea i play on alotta different poker sites and rarely/never get disconnected on those but during the beta test last night for the new sbr poker software got disconnected a couple times until finally I couldn't get back to the table anymore. I had a pretty nice stack going even after losing a good portion of it earlier. However, I had similar problems with a subscription poker site I play on which has familiar/similar feel of the software.

kydchi
    kydchi's Avatar Become A Pro!

Post was intended for constructive criticism only and my own feedback from last night's beta test. I think in regards of SBR putting in effort to update and improve the software and this whole site as a whole for the as long as I've been here which has been a couple weeks is amazing! Like Matz said once the software is good to go and running, look out!

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

Why get so mad over something that's free. Last night was a test and I'm sure they're trying to get the bugs out. Some broke ass fcks around I guess.

xkgb
    IN THREAD

any resolution on that disconnect on 12/5?

1234 ... Last