Originally posted on 08/02/2016:

Quote Originally Posted by DwightShrute View Post
A seasoned politician probably would have handled it better. Even then, we can all see example of them making mistakes. He's only been one about a year now. I can imagine how many mistakes I would make over the last year doing all the interviews and speeches he does all over the country. If you aren't a Trump guy, these mistakes are magnified.
It's not because he's not a seasoned politician. And it's not because he's not smart enough. His problem is that he has severe personality disorders. These are the kind of disorders that can actually help make you successful financially in the self-promotion business, but are just not compatible with what he's trying to do now. Of course he is sure that he he can; that's part of his extreme personality.

Listen, I can appreciate the appeal of wanting a non-politician to be President. I get that. And so initially the notion of a seemingly success confident businessman seemed appealing. I get that. But that doesn't mean you hand over the keys to just any seemingly successful business who wants the job. This is a damaged person. And there is no fixing him. He is what he is. And among other things, he is unable to communicate with any degree of precision. That's why every day his surrogates are having to say "well, what he really meant was blah blah blah" even though he didn't say that. That's not good. Loose talk like that is not what you want from your President. You do not see that happening on any regular basis with Obama. You just don't. Huge problem, among others.