WvGambler
    WvGambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 150

Bad day for the Wv bankroll...

Lost a few nice size bets. Had some drinks. Allowed myself to chase playing poker.

I have always prided myself on money management. Hell money management has always been my strongest aspect of handicapping. I ended the NFL in the plus and have given it away in college hoops.

Far from out of the box, but probably going to have to reevaluate my unit size, all because of one day.

Listen to me boys....money management means NOTHING, if you don't stick to it every single day. No slip ups.

Good luck.

tanner40
    tanner40's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8060

Good advice WV

It is hard to say disciplined every single day but it is a must if you want to say in this game

WvGambler

Yes sir. I've only reloaded like once in over a year, and that's thanks to money management, not capping abilities. Time to straighten up.

WvGambler

On a light note my Alma mater remains the only undefeated team in collegiate hoops. Go hilltoppers!!!

Congruency
    Congruency's Avatar Become A Pro!

Nothing wrong with lowering your wagering amount

Good to see that youre using your head, betting isnt a penis waving contest

FourLengthsClear
    King of the Idiots
    FourLengthsClear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 508

I use slightly modified version of Kelly and it has been more than 2 years since I last "fell off the wagon".

During that time I have had an 0-11 run and a seperate 2-17. During that time I have been sorely tempted to overbet/chase but have been able to come to my senses.

BOL.

WvGambler

Today is the first time in probably 8 months where I have gone above my comfort zone. It sucks because literally in one day you can eliminate a years worth of discipline if your running bad.

My unit size will still be around 60-70 bills, but that's a decent drop off. I really boneheaded it up today.

Oh well, back to the grind.

RollPlayer
    RollPlayer's Avatar Become A Pro!

At least you realized this now before all your money was gone. Good money management and some good capping will get you back there in no time

HenryHill
    HenryHill's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by WvGambler View Post
    Lost a few nice size bets. Had some drinks. Allowed myself to chase playing poker. I have always prided myself on money management. Hell money management has always been my strongest aspect of handicapping. I ended the NFL in the plus and have given it away in college hoops. Far from out of the box, but probably going to have to reevaluate my unit size, all because of one day. Listen to me boys....money management means NOTHING, if you don't stick to it every single day. No slip ups. Good luck.

Shortstop
    542-481-4 +40.25
    Shortstop's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by WvGambler View Post
    On a light note my Alma mater remains the only undefeated team in collegiate hoops. Go hilltoppers!!!
    West Liberty?

EmpireMaker
    EmpireMaker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 633

Perdue buried a lot of people today.

paco
    paco's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7051

U will bounce back WV.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

WVGambler is a typical example why 98% lose at gambling'

Eventually you go on tilt and cannot re capture loses

doublej95
    Co Power Poster 2011
    doublej95's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

WV it happens to the most disciplined betters the key is you realized you error today. Most bettors never grasp the money management concept so that puts you ahead of the game. Keep to your rules and grind it out.

WvGambler

Quote Originally Posted by Shortstop View Post
    West Liberty?
    Yep! This team is unreal

Powderguy
    Powderguy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 54

Damn, good of you not to go all in Denver ML or some shit at least, get em back today

C-Gold
    C-Gold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 843

I've had a similar problem happen on the other end.

I've won like 19/21 of my last wagers ( Duke ML last night and Miami Hear 2nd Half vs SA). Now some of them a few nights ago were chalk money lines but yesterday I went 7-1, 5-0 ATS, 2-0 Fav MLs UCLA ML was -135 and Alabama was -210. I lost Duke +110.

My problem has been I have not been betting enough. NFL is my specialty but I've been on fire. I'm NOT raising my wager size because I'm "due" to lose right now.

1st play today: Kentucky "pick" at Tennesse