LiarGame
    LiarGame's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4153

The Lakers really need this break to get themselves straightened out.

CreaturE
    Thanks to everyone helping me!!!
    CreaturE's Avatar Become A Pro!

I don't follow the NBA all that much because I think it's just a bunch of punk monkeys running around tossing a basketball to each other, however, the Lakers have just become a $h1t show from what I've seen and heard. What is going on?

bettilimbroke999
    bettilimbroke999's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 506

Are the Lakers even trying this season? I mean Charlotte, the Kings, the Cavs, who the **** hasnt beat them this year

Lakers backers are gettin buried

thechaoz
    2019 SBRs Toughest Poster
    thechaoz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 35902

Wow, just wow. The books cleaned up on this one that is for fukkin sure.

blueghost
    blueghost's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2401

a new streak starts

Dark Horse
    Deus Ex Machina
    Dark Horse's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by CreaturE View Post
    I don't follow the NBA all that much because I think it's just a bunch of punk monkeys running around tossing a basketball to each other
    I followed it a lot, and I think your assessment is right on the mark.

The Lakers are a prime example. They're the champs. And they don't give a f*ck about the regular season. They say it in so many words every so often, without actually verbalizing it. Phil Jackson after yet another gutless loss: "Is this June?". Kobe shrugging off another loss: "Is this the playoffs?"

It didn't used to be this bad. But this is the new trend and it's getting stronger each year.

lyon804
    lyon804's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1011

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Horse View Post
    I followed it a lot, and I think your assessment is right on the mark.

The Lakers are a prime example. They're the champs. And they don't give a f*ck about the regular season. They say it in so many words every so often, without actually verbalizing it. Phil Jackson after yet another gutless loss: "Is this June?". Kobe shrugging off another loss: "Is this the playoffs?"

It didn't used to be this bad. But this is the new trend and it's getting stronger each year.

I love it. I here it all the time... The funny thing is the joke is on them this year. I don't think they have what it takes to win in the playoffs. I know it is practically the same team but it is over for this group imo... I do not see them advancing out of the West, but if they do they are fodder for the Eastern Conference Champ.

I wonder the what they will say when there are beat out of the playoffs? Is this May? Or June?

freelee
    Update your status
    freelee's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 514

Quote Originally Posted by lyon804 View Post
    I love it. I here it all the time... The funny thing is the joke is on them this year. I don't think they have what it takes to win in the playoffs. I know it is practically the same team but it is over for this group imo... I do not see them advancing out of the West, but if they do they are fodder for the Eastern Conference Champ.

I wonder the what they will say when there are beat out of the playoffs? Is this May? Or June?
    if they could just get rid of the bean boy i think this team would go on a tear he's really holding them back this year

Jive
    Jive's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 142

And for the 19th time this season, we have the Lakers fans telling us losses like this just don't matter because the Lakers don't care. Funny that Kobe and Phil don't agree.

Manaconda
    Manaconda's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1292

no excuse for this, props to cleveland though even when the lakers are playing at 50% they still would beat the cavs 8 out of 10 times

raidersfan
    raidersfan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

The lakers are playing horrible basketball, really cant see them taking it this year.

notsosharp
    notsosharp's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 43

lakers will not win the west.

Mexes
    Mexes's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5463

that is soo funny... it will be nice to see the lakers drop their heads when they exit in the 2nd round

madrabbit
    madrabbit's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by lyon804 View Post

you're a fool and he's right. The lakers arent trying. So they lose to the cavs yet beat the celtics? gee youre a fool.

hawley
    hawley's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 79

Quote Originally Posted by madrabbit View Post

you're a fool and he's right. The lakers arent trying. So they lose to the cavs yet beat the celtics? gee youre a fool.
    So you think the Lakers don't mind losing to a team that lost 20+ games straight

The Lakers don't mind getting shown up by Orlando, Charlotte and then Cleveland

The Lakers don't mind being the laughing stock of not only the NBA, but American sport in general?

I think they were trying

hawley
    hawley's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 79

Tweet from Ron Artest:

"i just got a call from from jesus he says you are the worst player in the history of the game but i love you thanks jesus"

wikkidinsane
    wikkidinsane's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 150

Quote Originally Posted by hawley View Post
    So you think the Lakers don't mind losing to a team that lost 20+ games straight

The Lakers don't mind getting shown up by Orlando, Charlotte and then Cleveland

The Lakers don't mind being the laughing stock of not only the NBA, but American sport in general?

I think they were trying

That "not trying" argument aint gonna fly in this air space!

raiders32
    raiders32's Avatar Become A Pro!

I think the people who think the Lakers can just turn it on in the playoffs are delusional.

cankid
    cankid's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10376

it s not their yr, they ve looked disinterested many times this yr

yurnero
    yurnero's Avatar Become A Pro!

not that i bet on this game, but this is a good example of why i dont bet nba as much as i did when i first started. you never know when a team is really going to play or just **** around all game and collect a paycheck.

wikkidinsane
    wikkidinsane's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 150

Quote Originally Posted by yurnero View Post
    not that i bet on this game, but this is a good example of why i dont bet nba as much as i did when i first started. you never know when a team is really going to play or just **** around all game and collect a paycheck.

I feel you on that man but the Lakers been showing signs recently that they are willing to choke on the road and Im going to roll with 10+ underdogs on the road as long as bookies keep capping it that way.

Statman
    Statman's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2769

In all fairness, Cleveland did have something to play for after the Lakers pasted them by 55 points earlier in the year. Combine that with the end of a road trip and the upcoming break with the All Star game and you could see something like this happening. All that combined and the Lakers were not exactly "UP" for this game. I would not have taken the Clevland moneyline but the +11 at home would have been on my radar. BTW - For the record I had no play on the game.

tenbas
    tenbas's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3855

Haha, damn nature!
    I died a little inside when I watched this game. Made some nice money trading it, too.
    Go CAC, hope they recover soon.

psv777ua
    Update Status
    psv777ua's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 181

NBA - Where amazing happens

riskyProps
    riskyProps's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 211

LOL! It was hilarious. I'm glad I didn't have the Lakers ML. Before this game started, I thought back, the Lakers blew the Kings out by 33 points the first time and lost on their second meeting. What if the Cavs beat them this time since the blew the Cavs out by 55 points.

Otherwise I would have taken the ML.

Don't worry, Houston lost it for me :P

thebestthereis
    thebestthereis's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8056

You don't bet double digit toad favorites in the NBA, this type of game happens every year. Time to go back to sleep.

FuzzyDunlop
    Poster of the Month October 2015
    FuzzyDunlop's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 61

Quote Originally Posted by Statman View Post
    In all fairness, Cleveland did have something to play for after the Lakers pasted them by 55 points earlier in the year. Combine that with the end of a road trip and the upcoming break with the All Star game and you could see something like this happening. All that combined and the Lakers were not exactly "UP" for this game. I would not have taken the Clevland moneyline but the +11 at home would have been on my radar. BTW - For the record I had no play on the game.
    Pretty much this. Out of the 4 possible trap games last night, this one was closest matched on Accuscore at 68/32.

rem sleep
    rem sleep's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18849

I think there looking forward to All-Star game weekend. And theres that Melo talk. Plus there on a long road trip and they were playing a really motivated Cavs team that wanted revenge for that 55 point beatdown earlier in the season. I read that Phil Jackson wasn't that upset after the game, he just told his players what time to show up Monday for practice.

Its alittle early to throw in the towel on that team. The Lakers simply didn't play to their full potential these last few games because they had too many distractions. After the All-star break I expect they will play with more motivation to make up for the humiliation of losing to the Cavs.

newyork1121
    newyork1121's Avatar Become A Pro!

hahahahahah thats so funny , phil jackson said the team took the break a day early smh!!!

mike1234
    ??
    mike1234's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 17437

This game also blew up many people in the SBR contests.

paciophobia
    paciophobia's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 141

bye bye lakers hype. they officially suck ass.

dlew2k
    Update your status
    dlew2k's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 406

Davydave
    Davydave's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2008

Quote Originally Posted by LiarGame View Post
    The Lakers really need this break to get themselves straightened out.
    Yeah, they haven't looked like themselves for the last few games.

dom75
    dom75's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 511

The Lakers are deffinatly much different of a team this year as opposed to the past years. It seems like they came out on fire, then Phil announced he'd be retiring after the season. Kinda seems like that changed the team. Just watching their games, it seems there is something missing, as if they aren't having fun anymore. There is no reason they should be losing games they should have won as there have been no significant injuries. I think this week period some teams have kinda mailed it in as they are just ready to get their week long break started. If the Lakers can come out on fire after the break I think we will see them go far into the playoffs. However, if they come out just like they went into the break, we might not see the Lakers in the playoffs for long.

PlatinumBerg
    PlatinumBerg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 613

Very nice for the CAV ML takers!

First 123 Last