MODS - do not move my threads out of Players Talk

I'm about to leave SBR if you guys plan on ruining Players Talk
    welp, nice knowin ya

big0mar
    SINGLE-DECK BLACKJACK
    big0mar's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3002

Whats the point of staying?

Within 6 months PT will be nothing more than a bunch of rookies begging for plays, and touts trying to make some money

ngates815
    Hooked Nose J
    ngates815's Avatar Become A Pro!

Just ban him...And anyone else that "threatens" to leave.

nosniboR11
    fu
    nosniboR11's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by ngates815 View Post
    Just ban him...And anyone else that "threatens" to leave.
    and you wannabe

big0mar
    SINGLE-DECK BLACKJACK

JJ's threads being moved as well

UNREAL

DOES SBR UNDERSTAND WHAT ITS DOING????

NO RESPECT FOR THE GAMBLING LIFESTYLE, JUST TRYING TO MAKE A FEW DOLLARS

obamaismyuncle
    obamaismyuncle's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by big0mar View Post
    Whats the point of staying?

Within 6 months PT will be nothing more than a bunch of rookies begging for plays, and touts trying to make some money

it already is. it's a rooster measuring contest, SBR is full of 20 year old kids who are betting $3 a game and making $25 deposits. look around most all the veteran posters whos opinions mattered have left, some are still here to make their one daily post to get their points. It's like they don't want anyone around here with a clue. Place has went to shit in the last 2-3 months.

Glitch
    Glitch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5224

they're trying to get the chit chat into the saloon and build up that section. its not that hard to understand.

i think JJ just called another moderator meeting to see what they can do about preventing you from leaving. they will get back to you as soon as they can.

big0mar
    SINGLE-DECK BLACKJACK

Quote Originally Posted by obamaismyuncle View Post

it already is. it's a rooster measuring contest, SBR is full of 20 year old kids who are betting $3 a game and making $25 deposits. look around most all the veteran posters whos opinions mattered have left, some are still here to make their one daily post to get their points. It's like they don't want anyone around here with a clue. Place has went to shit in the last 2-3 months.
    At least PT has been a little better than sub forums

Now they are trying to make Players Talk like the sports forums?!?!?!!?

Chandler
    Chandler's Avatar Become A Pro!

SBR as a corporation must have some sort of "plan"

in the big picture, what little ants and peons like us think means nothing. if they had you sign up under some of their affliate banners, you are 100X more valuable as a gambler than you are as a traffic notation.

Posters, aren't so much "customers", that are (always right) serviced. But posters service SBR by losing at their sponsored books.

don't look at the forum, points, lines, frills, and chills as a service that we get to critique and fret about.

look at them as draws, that bring in the cash cows

nosniboR11
    fu
    nosniboR11's Avatar Become A Pro!

then what the hell is players talk forum topics allowed

big0mar
    SINGLE-DECK BLACKJACK

Quote Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
    they're trying to get the chit chat into the saloon and build up that section. its not that hard to understand.

i think JJ just called another moderator meeting to see what they can do about preventing you from leaving. they will get back to you as soon as they can.
    Why build up another section? Players Talk is only forum thats tolerable here.

KingKolzig
    KingKolzig's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 487

UNREAL

MODS - do not move my threads out of Players Talk

This is ridiculous

I'm about to leave SBR if you guys plan on ruining Players Talk

This isn't a fukkin joke either
    Become A Pro!

blackbeSSt
    blackbeSSt's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by nosniboR11 View Post
    then what the hell is players talk forum topics allowed

big0mar
    SINGLE-DECK BLACKJACK

Quote Originally Posted by blackbeSSt View Post

Notice they said "Gamblers and Bettors chat"

Mikail
    Fader of GOY'S
    Mikail's Avatar Become A Pro!

This is exactly what is happening. I called this a few months ago when I noticed an influx of immature kids posting nonsense and turning sbr into a internet daycare. Unfortunately they have made a mockery of sbr. Just like Obamaismyuncle said.... all the decent posters have faded into the background and you have all these nonsense posters ruining the place. I think the only solution is to create some kind of indentification process while joining the forum. 21 and up for starters and keeping banned posters from just creating ghost accounts will help too. Sadly I have been spending less and less time at sbr because I am at the point where I just don't enjoy it anymore. So much trolling going on too! This forum was a great source of info not too long ago. Posters looked out for one another and we helped each other out. Now it's constant bickering and nonsense. I am starting to ask myself.... is it really worth the 12 points a day?

blackbeSSt

Notice they said "Gamblers and Bettors chat"
    and what does loaning 70k to a friend have to do with gambling or betting

Mikail
    Fader of GOY'S

Oh and it's not a big deal. Players talk is for sports related topics. The Saloon is for everything else. No problem guys so don't make one when there isn't. We have enough sh*t to deal with around here!

blackbeSSt

Quote Originally Posted by Mikail View Post
    Oh and it's not a big deal. Players talk is for sports related topics. The Saloon is for everything else. No problem guys so don't make one when there isn't. We have enough sh*t to deal with around here!
    but they're scared that if its posted in the saloon that no one will see it or jj won't comment on it and their e-penis won't grow

big0mar
    SINGLE-DECK BLACKJACK

Quote Originally Posted by blackbeSSt View Post

and what does loaning 70k to a friend have to do with gambling or betting
    I'm a gambler. Part of the lifestyle.

obamaismyuncle
    obamaismyuncle's Avatar Become A Pro!

This is exactly what is happening. I called this a few months ago when I noticed an influx of immature kids posting nonsense and turning sbr into a internet daycare. Unfortunately they have made a mockery of sbr. Just like Obamaismyuncle said.... all the decent posters have faded into the background and you have all these nonsense posters ruining the place. I think the only solution is to create some kind of indentification process while joining the forum. 21 and up for starters and keeping banned posters from just creating ghost accounts will help too. Sadly I have been spending less and less time at sbr because I am at the point where I just don't enjoy it anymore. So much trolling going on too! This forum was a great source of info not too long ago. Posters looked out for one another and we helped each other out. Now it's constant bickering and nonsense. I am starting to ask myself.... is it really worth the 12 points a day?

SBR, wants it like a revolving door, imo. They don't want the posters here who have a clue, they want the young dumb ones who like to deposit, not the people like me. They make nothing off me. this place was an awesome place when I joined, not anymore.

big0mar
    SINGLE-DECK BLACKJACK

Aren't there sports forums if you want to talk about sports only?????

Do you really think a successful gambler wants to come to PT and talk sports only after they've spent an entire day working on sports?

Mikail
    Fader of GOY'S

SBR, wants it like a revolving door, imo. They don't want the posters here who have a clue, they want the young dumb ones who like to deposit, not the people like me. They make nothing off me. this place was an awesome place when I joined, not anymore.
    Your right. I am also one who they don't profit of off either. They do wan't these young, greeen, wet behind the ears kids without a clue who will reload every week. I understand it from their perspective. It's a business and they are here to make $ Unfortunately money tends to ruin a lot of good things.

Housemoney
    Housemoney's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5056

This thread made me go into the Saloon to read your other thread.

Mikail
    Fader of GOY'S

Aren't there sports forums if you want to talk about sports only?????

Do you really think a successful gambler wants to come to PT and talk sports only after they've spent an entire day working on sports?
    Yeah the sub forums are for talking about the handicapping and the games. Players talk in my opinion is for talking about for example the article about michael Vick getting the key to the city of Dallas. While as the saloon is for topics like Kim Kardashian's ass.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Mods wrecking SBR

When mine are moved I never ever go see where it is and do not post in in anymore

big0mar
    SINGLE-DECK BLACKJACK

JJ where do we go if this continues?????

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

We do not go anywhere

We just never ever post in subforum

Omar stick with me here

I have no time to look for threads in 9 different sub forums

hubie69
    I am JJs bookie
    hubie69's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 617

Even the subforums are wierd now, very rarely any insight into games, Just a bunch of threads like "Here's My Pick" with no reason why. Why do I care what Joe Blows pick is? At least some explanation of WHY a user thinks that team a will win would be nice.

I haven't been here but for say 6 months or so, and at least when I first got here in the NFL and NCAAFB subforums there was quality analysis. I don't even look in the sub threads anymore....Just nothing worth reading anymore that provides any insight or information. Players Talk is at least entertaining, for whatever value JJ add's to it.

elgreco
    elgreco's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1612

Quote Originally Posted by Chandler View Post

Posters, aren't so much "customers", that are (always right) serviced. But posters service SBR by losing at their sponsored books.
    A lot of people do not understand this. People think that SBR is a product and we are the consumers. Not true. WE are the product, and SBR serves us to its real clients (the books). Its just like a television station or newspaper. The misconception is that TV shows and articles are the products, and we the public are consumers of it. The reality is that TV shows and articles attract an audience and that audience is the actual product served to the companies real customers, advertisers.
    Last edited by elgreco; 02-08-11 at 01:43 PM. Reason: revised for clarity

Chandler
    Chandler's Avatar Become A Pro!

good say by the Greco

Omar, are you going to stay or leave?

big0mar
    SINGLE-DECK BLACKJACK

Quote Originally Posted by Chandler View Post
    good say by the Greco

Omar, are you going to stay or leave?
    Not sure

Situation is very fluid

SBR Lou
    SBR Lou's Avatar Become A Pro!

Hi big0mar,

Don't sweat it, we've just been experimenting with our new Saloon forum. Your thread's been moved back to PT.

ngates815
    Hooked Nose J
    ngates815's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by nosniboR11 View Post
    and you wannabe

OoooOOOOoooOOOoooOOooOOooOOooO

damn.

12 Last