jeremythegreat
    jeremythegreat's Avatar Become A Pro!

DO I HAVE A CASE? VET killed my cat being found 12 hours by neighbor,thought stray

12:30 fed cat can food. 12:45AM let cat out side 1:00 cat ends up at neighbors apartment in basement where girl thinks cat is a stray. Girl trys to feed cat hot dogs, and isn't hungry because i fed the cat can food. WHAT A STUPID BITCH.
    Anyways girl thought it was a stray so in the moring she took it to the VET where her mom works. THE VET KILLED MY CAT because they say he had a tumer. ummmmmmm WTF you just killed my cat within 12 hours of finding him.

I just moved from a apartment complex to a house next door and my cat goes and visits to differents neighbors apartsments there, now there sad because of this new girl that just moved in and thought my cat was a stary.

IS THERE A LAW THAT THE VET BROKE because i think the cat should have been taken to the pound because thats where i was going to call when i found out the next night from my friend of what happened.

VET took pictures and prints of cat........... do i have a case here?????? Theres got to be some kind of animal rights......My cat also did not have a collar but was obviously healthy and weighed like 12 pounds

Whippit
    getting to know ms. douglas
    Whippit's Avatar Become A Pro!

no collar = no lawsuit dumbass

jeremythegreat

whippit there gay good luck

Whippit

vets don't kill cats, maybe it was an accident or suicide

YorkHunt
    I JUST RELEASED
    YorkHunt's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1507

Unfortunately, animal cases are tough. Especially when you are the one negligent to the animal. If there's no collar or chip they can do
    Whatever they want. Sorry for your loss dude.

Dirty Sanchez
    Two time SBR Academy Award winner
    Dirty Sanchez's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

"My cat also did not have a collar" Nope.....How can you prove it was your cat? sorry for your loss

Justin7
    Justin7's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1506

Did your cat have a tumor? Unless you can prove the vet was wrong, there's no way you can win (if the tumor was serious).

jeremythegreat

the girls mom work at the vet how is the vet aloud to kill my cat.............they just brought it in and gave it a needle after being found 12 hours

jeremythegreat

nothing was wrong with the cat , he had a lump on his belly but was able to run around and eat, would play with the dog and other cat, 11 years old

YorkHunt
    I JUST RELEASED

If there is no way to tell an owner they can do as they like. I suggest just calling hspca and calling them.

urge2kill
    urge2kill's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1531

I get the feeling this guy doesn't know what a tumor is.

jeremythegreat

I TOOK MY CAT TO THE VET 2 YEARS AGO WHEN THERE WAS THE LUMP AND THEY SAID IT WAS NOT A TUMOR theres some proof

WvGambler
    WvGambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 150

Either way that's rough. Sorry man.

Whippit

best thing to do is kill the girl's cat

do it in front of her for added shock value

YorkHunt
    I JUST RELEASED

Just report them. It's the only thing you can do. No monetary value in this whatsoever.

jeremythegreat

a hernia somthing, and my vet said nothing to worry about, little did i know 2 years later a VET would put my cat down because of a lump they thought was a tumor, when it was a hernia thing

jeremythegreat

what if i have proof its not a tumor and the vet just assumed it was a tumor and put down my cat, because i have paper work that says it was a hernia thing and that he would be find, and this vet say he had a tumor............i think this vet screwed up and assumed there was a tumor, because there not going to spend a lot of money on a alley cat they think......u know i think i have a case against the vet

Hootie Johnson
    Hootie Johnson's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8105

Sorry to hear that, man.

Unfortunately there's usually little recourse available, especially if there's no chip, collar, etc. Check your local ordinances to be sure.

Even if you could sue the idiot, you're usually limited to the fair value of the animal. Unless you can prove it was a show animal with incredible worth for breeding purposes, the $ value is unfortunately very little.

Hootie Johnson
    Hootie Johnson's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8105

Sorry to hear that, man.

Unfortunately there's usually little recourse available, especially if there's no chip, collar, etc. Check your local ordinances to be sure.

Even if you could sue the idiot, you're usually limited to the fair value of the animal. Unless you can prove it was a show animal with incredible worth for breeding purposes, the $ value is unfortunately very little.

Whippit

Quote Originally Posted by Hootie Johnson View Post
    Sorry to hear that, man.

[COLOR=#000000 !important]Sorry to hear that, man.

[/COLOR]

LLXC
    LLXC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10451

electronic chip inside would be good proof.

Johnnythunder
    Johnnythunder's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 875

that is a very sad story.....sorry to hear man

Dirty Sanchez
    Two time SBR Academy Award winner
    Dirty Sanchez's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

Quote Originally Posted by jeremythegreat View Post
    what if i have proof its not a tumor and the vet just assumed it was a tumor and put down my cat, because i have paper work that says it was a hernia thing and that he would be find, and this vet say he had a tumor............i think this vet screwed up and assumed there was a tumor, because there not going to spend a lot of money on a alley cat they think......u know i think i have a case against the vet

Obviously you seem to be looking for some sort of financial windfall because of your animal. You need to question yourself first for not "legally" registering your animal as other pet owners do. Maybe you should remember the good times with your pet instead of becoming a vindictive pet owner looking to blame someone for your failures, and to make a buck.

minet123
    Is JJ a Higher Power ?
    minet123's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3753

Sorry about your cat
    but their is nothing you can do
    The courts decided when those Chinese companies poisoned all those animals with lead that pets are property and valued as such
    it would cost you more for a civil suit than you would get in compensation

THE PROFIT
    THE PROFIT's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by jeremythegreat View Post
    a hernia somthing, and my vet said nothing to worry about, little did i know 2 years later a VET would put my cat down because of a lump they thought was a tumor, when it was a hernia thing
    you shouldn't have made the cat do all the heavy lifting around the house. Cat's probably glad it's dead the way you made him work!

Nothing you can do. The vet says it had a tumor, you say it didnt. Who are they gonna believe? Someone who went to some sort of medical school or some guy who doesnt put collars on his outside pets & doesn't spell so well?

Sorry for your loss. If someone killed my cat I would fuk them up

jayroy25
    jayroy25's Avatar Become A Pro!

vets are the most stupidest mother fuckers i have ever dealt with in my life. it may be a tie between vets and weatherman

ProfaneReality
    ProfaneReality's Avatar Become A Pro!

So you don't bother to put a collar or tags on your cat? sounds like you didn't really care to be responsible for it.

you are a tard and you got what you deserved.

your cat is better off now without you.

urge2kill
    urge2kill's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1531

My vet is cool as fuk. A few years back my cat was attacked by a couple of dogs on my front porch and had to have a leg amputated. My vet offered to do it for free, but I tracked down the bitch that owned the dogs and made her pay for it.

EmpireMaker
    EmpireMaker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 549

You would think the vet would be able to tell the difference between someones pet and a stray cat. You might want to talk to an animal right group and see if they have any ideas for you, but it will be tough without a collar or chip. BOL and sorry for your loss.

Junkyard Dog
    Get up and Get it
    Junkyard Dog's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1923

thats a fukked up story...why would they kill it so fast

HiTMaNN
    HiTMaNN's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 228

Moral of the story: Get a dog.

THE PROFIT
    THE PROFIT's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Junkyard Dog View Post
    thats a fukked up story...why would they kill it so fast
    the inoperable tumor was spreading fast. They tried to call in the next of kin, but we all know what happened there

fury
    fury's Avatar Become A Pro!

That is fukked up, you should do something to the girl/vet instead.

lyon804
    lyon804's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1011

How bout you just go torch the vets office bro. Burn the fukker to the ground to teach the vet a lesson. Post pictures or vids here of your handy work. Either that or just get you a new cat and move on with your life.

GOIRISH
    GOIRISH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1128

that ******* sucks, try writing into the paper or news channel or something. because that is bs

12 Last