The General
    The General's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 108

10 points for Best write-up predicting the Super Bowl winner in 2010/2011

10 points for Best write-up with a reason predicting the Super Bowl winner in 2010/2011

I'll put the top 5 in my opinion up for vote. Only posts made by 1 AM Est (in 1 hour) 7/26 will be considered. As short or long as you desire. Comedy, fact, fiction, all poppycock will be considered.

Enjoy. Hope you have an opinion.

Best

Ps...Winner Likely to be decided tomorrow evening.

whatsgood5
    Let's fuckin' do it
    whatsgood5's Avatar Become A Pro!

My Redskins will win it this year because, like, they're due for it, or some shit like that.

God I hope no one else puts in an entry...I gotta believe I'm the front-runner at the moment...

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7738

As long as the colts dont win im happy.

tltaylor89
    FVn=S(1+c)n
    tltaylor89's Avatar Become A Pro!

Peyton Manning and my Indy Colts are on the hunt for revenge as once again they a favored to take it all and I hope they do.I can smell and taste the anticipation as the Colts once again kick off what is expected to be a brilliant season again.Obvious my predecition is the Colts to win it all in dominate fashion again.Get your tickets ready baby

Jasonal_98
    Jasonal_98's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 237

In this uncapped year, my pick to win the Super Bowl is the Dallas Cowboys. With the Super Bowl being played in Jerry Jones’ cathedral this season, he is going to do whatever it takes to have his team in the game. Jones has deep pockets, and this may be his best (and only) chance to buy a Super Bowl. If the team has needs as the season goes along, he will fill them.

This season is all about Jerry’s ego. With no salary cap, he’ll do what it takes to raise the trophy in his stadium.

wtt0315
    This is the Broncos Year.
    wtt0315's Avatar Become A Pro!

My broncos are going win. Tebow will be mvp. He will turn the broncos into christians praying to jesus before every game. When they do this, jesus will feel sorry for them drafting him so high and in turn will make all the rest of the team good. He will force every team to get out of his way. The broncos will go 16-0 in the regular season. They will play the SAINTS in the superbowl and jesus doesnt like catholics so the Saints will lose. Broncos win it all.

Jshap1515
    Cardinals racking up the wins
    Jshap1515's Avatar Become A Pro!

The New England Patriots will win

A little history about the New England Patriots. These guys were the Los Angeles Lakers of the NFL. They were the New York Yankees of the NFL. In a few words... they were winners - and they had the videos to prove it.

This team was caught using recording technology to film their opponents practices and games. Thus, they had the opponents' signs and play calls that helped them get to and win the Super Bowl multiple times. But JShap1515, they got caught. They aren't using those anymore. Why are they going to win?

Bill Belichik is a smart man. He has had a year or two to come up with another way to cheat and get his team to the Super Bowl. Bill and Tom Brady will go into the Patriot lab and come up with a different way. A few options that have been rumored out of Foxboro include...

1. Conceal the cameras better.
    2. Use satellites to watch other teams.
    3. Poison? Possibly contaminate opponents' food.
    4. Pull a Tonya Harding and order a hit on the best foes.

Whether their plans are listed here or not... we all know the Pats will come up with something. After all, they're the Yankees of the NFL. The Yankees will use billions of dollars to become champions. Similarly, the Patriots will use any tactics - legal or not - to become champions.

The General

Good stuff guys, solid !

thebayareabeast
    thebayareabeast's Avatar Become A Pro!

Niners because we gotta catch Pittsburgh for most Lombardi Trophies and we're already sick of waiting

Ship it

EDDIE MONEY LINE
    Get duckets
    EDDIE MONEY LINE's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3311

**** i had a huge write up for the jets and a fukn 5 dimes bullshit ass sign up popped up and i lost it...not gonna type it all again so i'll annotate....

Good team last year, got better in off season with acqusitions of tomlinson, holmes, cromartie and taylor
    2nd year for both rex ryan and sanchez
    good offensive line
    sanchez has full offseason to develop chemistry with a good recieving core- edwards, holmes, cotchery as a 3rd reciever will be deadly in the slot....brad smith who does everything and keller who is a great pass catching TE
    Shonn Greene will have 1,500 yrds and LT will be rejuvenated goin to a run first offense and something to prove...also opportunity to catch the ball out the backfield...
    Offense will be vastly improved

Defense is gonna be stout again...Jenkins will be back from injury just a fukn beast in the middle...Great linebackers, David harris is a tackling machine (best defensive player most people don't know about) bart scott great leader and a proven pass rushers jason taylor and calvin pace...and an improved secondary- their biggest weakness of last year. Revis will still be in lock down mode and cromartie is a shut down corner too on the other side if he keeps his head out of his azz....first round draft pick Kyle Wilson has the attributes to be a good nickel...Safties are good with smith and leonard.
    Only other question mark is the kicker nick folk cut from the cowboys last year couldn't make a clutch kick...but he had all summer to get laid and figure his shyt out, besides the rex ryan confidence is contagious.

Jets for super bowl champs in 11' not because they're my favorite team and i'm just dik riding, but b/c i think they can actually do it. They turned heads last year and should be better this year. Its a team that will be very physical on both sides of the ball. They're not gonna sneak up on any teams, but they have the swagger and confidence to not give a fuk. Gnite
    Points Awarded:

The General gave EDDIE MONEY LINE 12 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Kellen
    Kellen's Avatar Become A Pro!

Its San Diego's time. With the departure of some veterans and some great up and coming talent, I was questioning AJ Smith's decisions early but the more I look at the team on paper and analyze it, I feel they are the front runners. They drafted a beast of a RB that will show his talent this season and take some of the load off of Darren Sproles. They have one of the top 3 QB's in the league. A solid receiving corps. That is when Vincent Jackson returns and we ink a deal. Its just a solid team all around. A great mix of young talent and veterans and I think thats what it takes to win football games.

Of course playing in the AFC west pretty much guarantees a playoff spot for them but I believe they will be a dominant force in all of the AFC. The schedule is favorable. Obviously playing the broncos, chiefs and raiders twice each. Then the others are Jags, 49ers, Rams, Seahawks, Bengals, Cardinals, Pats, Colts and Texans. San Diego dominates the Colts. New England and Tennessee are both home games. I see our toughest away game being in Cincinnati but I dont see it being that much of a problem. Definetly a schedule that gets us to the playoffs.

Now I know San Diego does have the reputation for choking in the playoffs. One year, LT didnt even play and I thought that was the year we would do it. Eric Parker ruined our season on some botched plays but he has been gone. They have the squad to do it this year and it will be done. Im looking at a San diego - Dallas super bowl and San Diego edging the boys out 34-28. We all know Romo has trouble in big games. Or any game for that matter but he will fall apart like a cheap suit in the biggest game there is.

So there you have it, San Diego defeats Dallas at thier home in the house that Jerry built.

HauntingTheHoly
    HauntingTheHoly's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 483

Did someone say there is no cap this year? Where have I been?

Kellen

Yep, uncapped season. Suprised Dallas isnt completely loaded with every free agent that was out there.

The General

Thanks guys. I am getting excited just reading these notes. NFL is close and my fav, college football is near. High School foots coming soon.

tltaylor89
    FVn=S(1+c)n
    tltaylor89's Avatar Become A Pro!

Did I win general?

Kellen

Quote Originally Posted by The General View Post
    Thanks guys. I am getting excited just reading these notes. NFL is close and my fav, college football is near. High School foots coming soon.

I love this time of year, when you know football is just over the horizon. It gives me a wierd feeling, like a kid in the beginning of December when you know Christmas is about to roll in.

THEGREAT30
    A man in need is a man exposed
    THEGREAT30's Avatar Become A Pro!

how long will the judging last?

minet123
    Is JJ a Higher Power ?
    minet123's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3753

You have to go with Dallas in an uncapped year

EDDIE MONEY LINE
    Get duckets

Quote Originally Posted by minet123 View Post
    You have to go with Dallas in an uncapped year
    No you don't...why would you have to do that??? Just b/c jerry jones has money?
    watch out for atlanta and green bay in the nfc...both teams will be better than the cowboys, probably the vikings too

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

Quote Originally Posted by Jshap1515 View Post
    The New England Patriots will win

A little history about the New England Patriots. These guys were the Los Angeles Lakers of the NFL. They were the New York Yankees of the NFL. In a few words... they were winners - and they had the videos to prove it.

This team was caught using recording technology to film their opponents practices and games. Thus, they had the opponents' signs and play calls that helped them get to and win the Super Bowl multiple times. But JShap1515, they got caught. They aren't using those anymore. Why are they going to win?

Bill Belichik is a smart man. He has had a year or two to come up with another way to cheat and get his team to the Super Bowl. Bill and Tom Brady will go into the Patriot lab and come up with a different way. A few options that have been rumored out of Foxboro include...

1. Conceal the cameras better.
    2. Use satellites to watch other teams.
    3. Poison? Possibly contaminate opponents' food.
    4. Pull a Tonya Harding and order a hit on the best foes.

Whether their plans are listed here or not... we all know the Pats will come up with something. After all, they're the Yankees of the NFL. The Yankees will use billions of dollars to become champions. Similarly, the Patriots will use any tactics - legal or not - to become champions.
    I dont' see anything in here addressing Defense. Your lack of NFL knoweldge very apparent here. You are comparing the Patriots to the Dynasties of the Lakers and Yankees and that's why they will win?

I guarantee the Patriots do not win the SUperbowl. You can bump this later after next year too.

Goat Milk

Quote Originally Posted by Kellen View Post
    Its San Diego's time. With the departure of some veterans and some great up and coming talent, I was questioning AJ Smith's decisions early but the more I look at the team on paper and analyze it, I feel they are the front runners. They drafted a beast of a RB that will show his talent this season and take some of the load off of Darren Sproles. They have one of the top 3 QB's in the league. A solid receiving corps. That is when Vincent Jackson returns and we ink a deal. Its just a solid team all around. A great mix of young talent and veterans and I think thats what it takes to win football games.

Of course playing in the AFC west pretty much guarantees a playoff spot for them but I believe they will be a dominant force in all of the AFC. The schedule is favorable. Obviously playing the broncos, chiefs and raiders twice each. Then the others are Jags, 49ers, Rams, Seahawks, Bengals, Cardinals, Pats, Colts and Texans. San Diego dominates the Colts. New England and Tennessee are both home games. I see our toughest away game being in Cincinnati but I dont see it being that much of a problem. Definetly a schedule that gets us to the playoffs.

Now I know San Diego does have the reputation for choking in the playoffs. One year, LT didnt even play and I thought that was the year we would do it. Eric Parker ruined our season on some botched plays but he has been gone. They have the squad to do it this year and it will be done. Im looking at a San diego - Dallas super bowl and San Diego edging the boys out 34-28. We all know Romo has trouble in big games. Or any game for that matter but he will fall apart like a cheap suit in the biggest game there is.

So there you have it, San Diego defeats Dallas at thier home in the house that Jerry built.
    The chargers will get bounced in the first round of the playoffs my man. They are very weak defensively and their O line is a joke for the most part. They just lost their team leader for the past decade too and Vincent Jackson is having problems. The only person Gates looked up to on that team was LT, he won't be happy next year.

San Diego is falilng apart quickly. They're not winning anything

Goat Milk

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    As long as the colts dont win im happy.
    Everyone knows Manning is the biggest choke artist in the world. IF anyone took Colts -6 in that game you have major issues

EDDIE MONEY LINE
    Get duckets

Yo goat what you think of my jets??? I know it's the popular pick now a days, but i think they should be a major contender...jets, colts, packers, falcons, vikes, saints, and cowboys...i think it would be safe to put a "g" or 2 on one of those teams mentioned winning it all

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Not sure how this works. If someone writes a great write-up but doesn't predict the winner and someone writes a bad write-up and predicts the winners..who wins?

hhsilver
    hhsilver's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29946

I know it's 12 hours past the deadline but , after thinking about it at length, I will say that the closest thing I can come up with for a sure super bowl winner is Fishhead.

You just know he will scalp/arb his way to a sizable profit . I'm sure he already has started with some future bets he will be looking to arb later. When he needs to have an offer accepted at Matchbook, he will alert us to the value of grabbing the other team.

betplom
    maniac
    betplom's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Kellen View Post
    I love this time of year, when you know football is just over the horizon. It gives me a wierd feeling, like a kid in the beginning of December when you know Christmas is about to roll in.

Kellen, you celebrate Christmas even though you're Jewish?

Goat Milk

Quote Originally Posted by EDDIE MONEY LINE View Post
    Yo goat what you think of my jets??? I know it's the popular pick now a days, but i think they should be a major contender...jets, colts, packers, falcons, vikes, saints, and cowboys...i think it would be safe to put a "g" or 2 on one of those teams mentioned winning it all

Jets/Ravens will be the teams to beat in the AFC.
    Dallas/Green Bay out of the NFC seem solid.

Fishhead
    Fishhead's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11769

Worst contest in SBR history...

The General

Hi Fishhead.

F*** You, Sir

The General

Quote Originally Posted by EDDIE MONEY LINE View Post
    **** i had a huge write up for the jets and a fukn 5 dimes bullshit ass sign up popped up and i lost it...not gonna type it all again so i'll annotate....

Good team last year, got better in off season with acqusitions of tomlinson, holmes, cromartie and taylor
    2nd year for both rex ryan and sanchez
    good offensive line
    sanchez has full offseason to develop chemistry with a good recieving core- edwards, holmes, cotchery as a 3rd reciever will be deadly in the slot....brad smith who does everything and keller who is a great pass catching TE
    Shonn Greene will have 1,500 yrds and LT will be rejuvenated goin to a run first offense and something to prove...also opportunity to catch the ball out the backfield...
    Offense will be vastly improved

Defense is gonna be stout again...Jenkins will be back from injury just a fukn beast in the middle...Great linebackers, David harris is a tackling machine (best defensive player most people don't know about) bart scott great leader and a proven pass rushers jason taylor and calvin pace...and an improved secondary- their biggest weakness of last year. Revis will still be in lock down mode and cromartie is a shut down corner too on the other side if he keeps his head out of his azz....first round draft pick Kyle Wilson has the attributes to be a good nickel...Safties are good with smith and leonard.
    Only other question mark is the kicker nick folk cut from the cowboys last year couldn't make a clutch kick...but he had all summer to get laid and figure his shyt out, besides the rex ryan confidence is contagious.

Jets for super bowl champs in 11' not because they're my favorite team and i'm just dik riding, but b/c i think they can actually do it. They turned heads last year and should be better this year. Its a team that will be very physical on both sides of the ball. They're not gonna sneak up on any teams, but they have the swagger and confidence to not give a fuk. Gnite

Congrats EDDIE MONEY LINE. You are da winner.

Good job and thanks everyone. Football talk is good to see.

EDDIE MONEY LINE
    Get duckets

Thanks general

The General

You're welcome.

Fishhead
    Fishhead's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11769

WNBA......screw contests.

Nicky Santoro
    Nicky Santoro's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9461

Quote Originally Posted by The General View Post
    Hi Fishhead.

F*** You, Sir
    am i seeing things, or did genny just get angry and tell his long time pal Fukk you?

i've never seen genny get mad at anyone before.

having said that.

genny, what the hell kinda crap is this?? not only do you only offer 10 pts.. you have to make them wait close to 7 months to collect that 1.50$$.. and you also make the posters have to spend 15 min making a big write up for it too..

genny, were you drunk when you made this thread?? holy cow..

brooks85
    brooks85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6881

the jets wont be a factor in the afc contenders, santa claus got them into the playoffs last year and teams will be gunning for them this year. They finished 20th in total offense last year and 31 in passing. It is not a running league anymore, you have to pass to win. Next season all comes down to sanchez and the weak WR core they have.

no QB and no thomas jones

and yes i know they have greene and LT now

and then there is revis, a guy who breaks the contact rule every down. The refs are going to crack down on him this year, as they did in the playoffs. The NFL wants points on the board.
    Last edited by brooks85; 07-27-10 at 09:43 AM.

12 Last