seaborneq
    It's time to collect
    seaborneq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13422

Any early +futures in football to get an early jump on?

Start right here. I am liking the Falcons to win the NFC at 10-1, any better odds out there than this at Carib.

rm18
    Update your status
    rm18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 207814

Jets to win it all
    Revis MVP +2500
    Raiders AFC West

rfr3sh
    Blind Knucklehead
    rfr3sh's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 604

got a bunch of team total wins bets in

ttwarrior1
    ttwarrior1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9800

lol at jets, revis and raiders,

jgray
    jgray's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 244

Boy, am I ready for football talk. This has been a very long summer.

iifold
    Update your status
    iifold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1774

Anything Raiders doing better than expected is +EV..

They will be top 3 story this year..

Russell was That Bad!!

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

Quote Originally Posted by ttwarrior1 View Post
    lol at jets, revis and raiders,
    ???

Jets are the hottest team right now in the NFL with the acquisitions and obvious chemistry, anything is possible. It's tough to knock teams that win playoff games, bottom line. But at 10-1, the value is already sucked out, IMHO.

Revis is the #1 corner in the league, getting to the point of being a game changer. With Ryan's defensive design, maybe he can be another Ed Reed type scoring machine. Even so, defensive MVP's just don't happen, it's all about pretty boy QBs and their glamour shots. I'll pass at 25-1 on any non-skill position player.

Raiders should exceed expectations after a solid draft and offseason moves. The AFC west is available if a team wants to take it because the Chargers have shown vulnerability and lack of heart in the past, plus the Broncos and Chiefs just aren't ready yet. Getting +700, it's probably worth a small bet on the Raiders to win the AFC West.

D3 Mighty Ducks
    D3 Mighty Ducks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 782

Can't wait for the NFL and NCAAF to start back up again

lTheShadowl
    lTheShadowl's Avatar Become A Pro!

The Ravens are a good future bet... top 4 team next year...

seaborneq
    It's time to collect

Quote Originally Posted by lTheShadowl View Post
    The Ravens are a good future bet... top 4 team next year...
    What am I missing with the Ravens? I guy at work told me he put a future on the Ravens to win the Super Bowl. I am thinking he has money to burn. What has changed that makes the Ravens a top 4 team since last season. No Ed Reed, declining Ray Lewis, no Derrick Mason, a previous suspended Dante Stallworth, a lackluster Magahee, and a playoff schedule. I don't see them being top four in the AFC let alone the NFL. I would still take the Pats, Colts, Chargers, Jets, and Steelers over the Ravens today.

jbrent95
    jbrent95's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1450

I'm loving this July football talk. Preseason games start in a month!!

GunShard
    Invest In Ethereum And Bitcoin
    GunShard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1926

If I were to rank top 4 in the AFC, I would rank it like this:

1. Colts
    2. Ravens
    3. Jets
    4. Patriots

Jets and Ravens are equally matched until Week 1 when they play each other. Chargers are not a contender without Vincent Jackson in the first few weeks and the loss of LT and Cromartie. Maybe I am wrong, we will have to see.

slacker00

Quote Originally Posted by seaborneq View Post
    What am I missing with the Ravens? I guy at work told me he put a future on the Ravens to win the Super Bowl. I am thinking he has money to burn. What has changed that makes the Ravens a top 4 team since last season. No Ed Reed, declining Ray Lewis, no Derrick Mason, a previous suspended Dante Stallworth, a lackluster Magahee, and a playoff schedule. I don't see them being top four in the AFC let alone the NFL. I would still take the Pats, Colts, Chargers, Jets, and Steelers over the Ravens today.
    Ed Reed will be around for the playoff run, so any Super Bowl future will be largely unaffected by whatever early part of the season he may miss. Besides, the Ravens signed Ken Hamlin for depth purposes, so they've already got a plan to get by without Ed Reed for the early part of the season.

No Derrick Mason? I haven't heard anything about this. What happened? I did an internet search and can't find any information that says that Derrick Mason will be missing any time whatsoever.

Donte Stallworth will be fine. He served his suspension. Besides, he'll be fighting for a spot on a deep WR depth chart which includes Anquan Boldin, Derrick Mason, Mark Clayton, etc.

McGahee? You do realize that their primary running back is Ray Rice, right? Rice is one of the best RBs in the NFL. McGahee is still a valid relief guy, though. I'm not sure what you've got against McGahee as backup RB.

Ravens have a #2 schedule because they finished #2 in their division behind Cincy last year. That means they'll play the Texans and Broncos rather than the Colts and Chargers. Compare this to the Steelers who will play the Titans and Raiders, which to me seems slightly tougher. So the schedule argument is poor at best.

I'll conclude by saying that the Ravens have won 3 playoff games in 2 years, which is fairly important in picking Super Bowl winners. You want a team than can win in the postseason. Ravens have proven that they can.

Even so, with the Ravens sitting at +1225 and Steelers sitting at +2250 (TheGreek), I feel there's much more value in the Steelers at this moment in time. I don't care about the Ben suspension because he'll be there for the bulk of the season as well as the most meaningful games after he serves his early season suspension. Besides, I have faith that Leftwich can manage the game as a backup until he gets back. It's not that I think there's anything wrong with the Ravens, it's more that there's more value in the Steelers in this spot.

beanbag
    cracker ass fantastic
    beanbag's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

Jets to win it all
    Revis MVP +2500

love those.. i'm going to put a half unit on both

hoopster42
    hoopster42's Avatar Become A Pro!

go all in on the raiders to win the nfc west

ryanspeer2001
    Punta Cana '15
    ryanspeer2001's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25

Lots of hype for the Raiders here. I wish them luck as they are my pops team but I don't see more than 7 wins.

seaborneq
    It's time to collect

Quote Originally Posted by slacker00 View Post

Ed Reed will be around for the playoff run, so any Super Bowl future will be largely unaffected by whatever early part of the season he may miss. Besides, the Ravens signed Ken Hamlin for depth purposes, so they've already got a plan to get by without Ed Reed for the early part of the season.

No Derrick Mason? I haven't heard anything about this. What happened? I did an internet search and can't find any information that says that Derrick Mason will be missing any time whatsoever.

Donte Stallworth will be fine. He served his suspension. Besides, he'll be fighting for a spot on a deep WR depth chart which includes Anquan Boldin, Derrick Mason, Mark Clayton, etc.

McGahee? You do realize that their primary running back is Ray Rice, right? Rice is one of the best RBs in the NFL. McGahee is still a valid relief guy, though. I'm not sure what you've got against McGahee as backup RB.

Ravens have a #2 schedule because they finished #2 in their division behind Cincy last year. That means they'll play the Texans and Broncos rather than the Colts and Chargers. Compare this to the Steelers who will play the Titans and Raiders, which to me seems slightly tougher. So the schedule argument is poor at best.

I'll conclude by saying that the Ravens have won 3 playoff games in 2 years, which is fairly important in picking Super Bowl winners. You want a team than can win in the postseason. Ravens have proven that they can.

Even so, with the Ravens sitting at +1225 and Steelers sitting at +2250 (TheGreek), I feel there's much more value in the Steelers at this moment in time. I don't care about the Ben suspension because he'll be there for the bulk of the season as well as the most meaningful games after he serves his early season suspension. Besides, I have faith that Leftwich can manage the game as a backup until he gets back. It's not that I think there's anything wrong with the Ravens, it's more that there's more value in the Steelers in this spot.
    Not buying the Ravens. I don't see it.

rm18
    Update your status
    rm18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 207814

jets 20 ravens 3 the first game of the year

GunShard
    Invest In Ethereum And Bitcoin
    GunShard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1926

From the statistics and personnel, I still believe that the Ravens are a better team than the Jets.

Flacco in third year compared to Sanchez to second year.
    RB Ray Rice compared to the loss of Thomas Jones replaced with LT who is undetermined if he can still rush well.
    WR on both teams are evenly matched.
    Last season record are about the same, both teams were in the wild card.
    High defense on both teams, Jets seem are the favorite on the pass defense with Cromartie and Revis.
    Head Coaches of the Ravens and Jets are even.

SportNut
    SportNut's Avatar Become A Pro!

You guys got a serious problem...action junkies!! Lol

samdapatriotsfan
    samdapatriotsfan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1040

Quote Originally Posted by ryanspeer2001 View Post
    Lots of hype for the Raiders here. I wish them luck as they are my pops team but I don't see more than 7 wins.

hoopster42
    hoopster42's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by ryanspeer2001 View Post
    i was joking, they sukkkk!

Mr Windy City
    BANNED
    Mr Windy City's Avatar Become A Pro!

Anybody that thinks Joe Flacco is a good quarterback needs to go get their head examined. That boy is just turrible (barkley voice)

I'll tell you guys what the play is:

10017 DAL total season wins over 10 -130

5701 Dallas wins NFC East +120

Both being offered right now at 5Dimes. Thank me in December

VTranX
    VTranX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 314

Pretty much a lottery pick.

Wreckloose
    Wreckloose's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 17284

Chiefs to win AL West.

slacker00

Not buying the Ravens. I don't see it.
    I'm not buying the Ravens either, I was questioning your reasoning. Did you even read what I wrote?

seaborneq
    It's time to collect

I'm not buying the Ravens either, I was questioning your reasoning. Did you even read what I wrote?
    Maybe you meant you were addressing the shadow.

Rookie-Capper
    Rookie-Capper's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3446

what about the RAMS-just kidding

slacker00

Maybe you meant you were addressing the shadow.
    Who's that?

sundin4prez
    sundin4prez's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by rm18 View Post
    Jets to win it all
    Revis MVP +2500
    Raiders AFC West
    no thanks to all 3 plays..... good luck anyways

seaborneq
    It's time to collect

Who's that?
    Post #9

Capn Morgan
    Capn Morgan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 49

cant wait, im thinkin Colts repeat!!!

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2380

some good ideas here

slacker00

Post #9
    No, I was addressing your point about no Derrick Mason. What's wrong with him? He's doing fine last I saw.

I was addressing your other points as well. They don't wash. My only problem with the Ravens is the number.

seaborneq
    It's time to collect

No, I was addressing your point about no Derrick Mason. What's wrong with him? He's doing fine last I saw.

I was addressing your other points as well. They don't wash. My only problem with the Ravens is the number.
    A number that doesn't hit is a bad number. I don't see anything in Flacco that says "I'm going to Disney World", or the receiving corps that scares anybody else. Just don't like the Ravens even coming out of the AFC let alone winning the Super Bowl.

12 Last