lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7738

Quote Originally Posted by IBetYou View Post
    Yes, but why do you attribute that to the coach? I see a lot of comments about coaches on here that have no reason.
    They win and it's all LeBron. They lose and it's Ham. Basically the entire story of LeBron stays anywhere.
    Points Awarded:

mjsuax13 gave lakerboy 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

asiagambler
    asiagambler's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 30571

Yes, but why do you attribute that to the coach? I see a lot of comments about coaches on here that have no reason.
    Well it has to fall on the coach at some point. I can give Ham a bit of a pass since he's with Lebron the coachkiller who's actively undermined him since midseason

IBetYou
    IBetYou's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16234

It has to fall on the coach? Why? Don't you know NBA is a player's league? In Europe and NCAA the coaches are the stars, but not here.

IBetYou

Well, Spolestra is the exception to that rule. They don't take no (rap in Miami.

asiagambler

It has to fall on the coach? Why? Don't you know NBA is a player's league? In Europe and NCAA the coaches are the stars, but not here.
    It's still up to him to decide rotations, call the plays and make adjustments. If the players aren't listening or not giving maximum effort then that's kind of on the coach too isn't it? Since that's his job too to motivate them. Still he gets a bit of a pass because of Lebron but not much IMO. He's still pretty bad

IBetYou

Quote Originally Posted by asiagambler View Post
    It's still up to him to decide rotations, call the plays and make adjustments. If the players aren't listening or not giving maximum effort then that's kind of on the coach too isn't it? Since that's his job too to motivate them. Still he gets a bit of a pass because of Lebron but not much IMO. He's still pretty bad
    He's going against the champs. Only so much he can do. Can't turn Davis into Kareem or turn back the clock on James 10 years.

IBetYou

Difficult to tell how good an NBA coach is nowadays... they've all got at least a half-dozen coaching experts on the bench, not to mentions analytics people and whatever else. Anybody could do the job and appear competent.

asiagambler

He's going against the champs. Only so much he can do. Can't turn Davis into Kareem or turn back the clock on James 10 years.
    Lakers are just a lazy team. They play so lazily in the regular season and yeah they cut some of it out for the playoffs but it's like if they're so used to playing a certain way, they can't just flip a switch and cut out all the bad habits

Does that fall on Ham or the players, especially the head of the snake LeBron? Honestly it doesn't even matter. Maybe it's just semantics to argue if Ham is a bad coach or not, on this team he's a terrible coach

asiagambler

Difficult to tell how good an NBA coach is nowadays... they've all got at least a half-dozen coaching experts on the bench, not to mentions analytics people and whatever else. Anybody could do the job and appear competent.
    Yeah it's like American Football, you could have one guy calling the offense, another guy calling the defense, another guy just a shooting coach and maybe the head coach just oversees everything. One thing is certain, just about all Lakers fans, from the casual to smart all want Ham gone

mjsuax13
    mjsuax13's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 980

They all should be fired.

raiders72001
    raiders72001's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 15467

Lakers are definitely getting outcoached but then again, Joker let's his coach do the coaching while we don't know how much Brick interferes with Ham. Brick's whining on court and ref complaining off court really hurts the team. That rubs off on a team.
    Points Awarded:

mjsuax13 gave raiders72001 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

raiders72001
    raiders72001's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 15467

The record of teams losing 3-0 in an NBA playoff series is 0-149. So, if you lost the first three games, chances are you’re not making it to the next round. Some teams managed to make it past Game 4, but only a few made it as far as Game 7.
    • 91 teams were swept (0-4)
    • 44 teams lost in Game 5 (1-4)
    • 11 teams lost in Game 6 (2-4)
    • 3 teams lost in Game 7 (3-4)
    https://bolavip.com/en/nba/record-of...-BUS-3139.html

dhristov211
    2023 year of Josh
    dhristov211's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 854

good night lebron

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11999

Getting swept. Lakers finished for sure now.

asiagambler

Quote Originally Posted by raiders72001 View Post
    Lakers are definitely getting outcoached but then again, Joker let's his coach do the coaching while we don't know how much Brick interferes with Ham. Brick's whining on court and ref complaining off court really hurts the team. That rubs off on a team.
    Except we do

This is just one of many stories that came out during the regular season

Not to mention the constant passive aggressive comments from James and Davis

To be fair to them though Ham's awful coaching is what led to this so it becomes like a chicken or egg thing that's been snowballing since they won the IST

Spot on about the whining and ref complaining though. Brick is the absolute worst at it and that behaviour trickles all the way down

mjsuax13

Except we do

To be fair to them though Ham's awful coaching is what led to this so it becomes like a chicken or egg thing that's been snowballing since they won the IST

Spot on about the whining and ref complaining though. Brick is the absolute worst at it and that behaviour trickles all the way down
    Lakers should cut Lebron.

Eddy Munny
    Eddy Munny's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25003

The series was lost in game 2 unfortunately. Otherwise this ticket would be live.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Lebron gonna jump ship again or retire is my best guess once they all go fishing in Cancun in a few days.

asiagambler

Quote Originally Posted by mjsuax13 View Post
    Lakers should cut Lebron.
    Nobody wants to play with him, nobody wants to coach him, he really is a team killer lol
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: hawkwind

IBetYou

Except we do

He's been this way for years. He ran David Blatt out of town - a guy who actually distinguished himself as a top 5 coach in Europe, unlike most of these NBA coaches that get spoon fed the job - and then gave Lue anxiety problems (he took leave) a year or two later.

As for the fans... they have no idea. They can't understand why this Euro centre is upstaging their home grown stars.

IBetYou

I don't know why you'd post that and say Ham is a terrible coach at the same time... what do expect him to do? Take his stars off the floor? He might be a good coach, we just don't know.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

I don't know why you'd post that and say Ham is a terrible coach at the same time... what do expect him to do? Take his stars off the floor? He might be a good coach, we just don't know.

Git Lo
    Git Lo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13485

You guys put the spotlight on lakers org/coach but look at the box score and you see the players under performing. Denver just a all around better team, obvious as they haven't beat them in over 2 years (basically since murray has been back). Infact teams with players we are accustom to seeing in the playoffs are no longer successful. KD Suns now down 0-3, Golden State didn't even make playoffs, Clippers now down 2-1 with plenty of vets. That's a few coaches in the hot seat if it really is that including celtics coach as well.

ChuckyTheGoat
    ChuckyTheGoat's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 25017

Thought Ham was the coach that Bron wanted.

asiagambler

He's been this way for years. He ran David Blatt out of town - a guy who actually distinguished himself as a top 5 coach in Europe, unlike most of these NBA coaches that get spoon fed the job - and then gave Lue anxiety problems (he took leave) a year or two later.

As for the fans... they have no idea. They can't understand why this Euro centre is upstaging their home grown stars.
    Yep tried to get Spoelstra fired too... lucky for James, Pat Riley said no

It's a new era. The teams that are doing well don't just have the best players but the best coaches and great team chemistry

asiagambler

Because James for all his faults didn't just start doing that for no reason. Ham's been a terrible coach all year. It seems you don't really watch any Lakers games or you'd know how he's completely mismanaged the roster and rotations, not to mention just been plain awful in-game with adjustments or even something as simple as calling timeouts/making proper challenges

Nothing wrong with that (not watching Lakers games). They play a completely unserious brand of basketball, but in my opinion makes up for it in comedic value

IBetYou

James has done that with pretty much every coach he's played for. You're being vague again on his coaching faults... you want to see Reddish or Hayes on the floor? Is that it? Challenges are done by one of the assistant coaches on, I think, every team. What in-game adjustments?

I've seen plenty of Lakers games. Good team, but just not as good as the Nuggets. Jokic & Murray are the better duo and they have a better supporting cast. Coaching has little to do with it. By god the more I hear Malone talk the more I realise what a player's league it is... just run everything through your stars exactly how they want it done.

asiagambler

James has done that with pretty much every coach he's played for. You're being vague again on his coaching faults... you want to see Reddish or Hayes on the floor? Is that it? Challenges are done by one of the assistant coaches on, I think, every team. What in-game adjustments?

I've seen plenty of Lakers games. Good team, but just not as good as the Nuggets. Jokic & Murray are the better duo and they have a better supporting cast. Coaching has little to do with it. By god the more I hear Malone talk the more I realise what a player's league it is... just run everything through your stars exactly how they want it done.
    There's nothing vague if you watch the same games I do... or maybe you just see things differently. Overusing Prince was the main one. Great player off the bench, not someone you want to play heavy minutes for which Ham did for like 2/3 of the season. Just puzzling lineups on the floor all the time that don't work, always getting killed in the 3rd quarter not just to the Nuggets but all season long, I can't really go over every single game

Nuggets are better but they haven't even played that well this series. Murray's shot very poorly despite making some very clutch shots. Better coaching probably has the Lakers in this series

asiagambler

You're making it as if it has to be one or the other, LeBron undermining Ham or Ham just is a bad coach but it's really just both

IBetYou

There's nothing vague if you watch the same games I do... or maybe you just see things differently. Overusing Prince was the main one. Great player off the bench, not someone you want to play heavy minutes for which Ham did for like 2/3 of the season. Just puzzling lineups on the floor all the time that don't work, always getting killed in the 3rd quarter not just to the Nuggets but all season long, I can't really go over every single game

Nuggets are better but they haven't even played that well this series. Murray's shot very poorly despite making some very clutch shots. Better coaching probably has the Lakers in this series
    That's all I was asking, what you thought he was doing wrong. Wasn't necessarily going to come back with anything. You don't like Prince that much. I do. He's always been a good defender and had a bit of versatility. Really improved his 3pt shot this year.

mjsuax13

Solutions:

Lakers:

1. Cut Lebron
    2. Trade AD
    3. Fire Pelinka
    4. Fire Ham

Clippers:
    1. Trade George- wimp
    2. Cut Westbrook
    3. Retire Kawhi
    4. Fire Lue
    -hell, keep Harden at this point

Suns: these miserable pricks, Booker/KD/Beal are owed collectively more than 14 NBA rosters
    1. Kardashian crew ruined these guys too
    2. Trade Booker
    3. Trade KD
    4. Cut Beal
    5. Vogel should have never been hired so fire his ass after they get swept
    6. New owner an arrogant piece of shit from the mortgage business, has all the answers, a former Izzo player. Clown show. Find a tape of him saying shit like they always do.

Warriors:
    1. Great run, leave them be. Let them all sunset together.

ChuckyTheGoat

Remember when the Lakers traded Zubac? I thought it was a terrrible trade then. How bad does it look now?

mjsuax13

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckyTheGoat View Post
    Remember when the Lakers traded Zubac? I thought it was a terrrible trade then. How bad does it look now?
    Ha! The Clippers traded this guy for George.

Clippers traded Gilgeous-Alexander, Danilo Gallinari, five first-round draft picks, and the rights to swap two other first-round picks to the Oklahoma City Thunder for Paul George.

IMG-9412

ChuckyTheGoat

Quote Originally Posted by mjsuax13 View Post
    Ha! The Clippers traded this guy for George.

Clippers traded Gilgeous-Alexander, Danilo Gallinari, five first-round draft picks, and the rights to swap two other first-round picks to the Oklahoma City Thunder for Paul George.

IMG-9412
    Wow, that's amazing. I have two themes that repeat on how I evaluate NBA players:

1) Nine times out of 10, I'll take Size over a smaller player.
    2) Don't overpay for aging players. Try to find young players that are improving into their prime years.
    Points Awarded:

mjsuax13 gave ChuckyTheGoat 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

asiagambler

That's all I was asking, what you thought he was doing wrong. Wasn't necessarily going to come back with anything. You don't like Prince that much. I do. He's always been a good defender and had a bit of versatility. Really improved his 3pt shot this year.
    I like Prince too. I thought he was a great signing for them in the offseason, especially at that cheap contract

He's probably one of the few whose shooting didn't fall off a cliff since coming to LA

But I like him as a 20-25 minute player, not a 40+(!) minute player like Ham was using him

I'm not quite as high on him as a defender and think he was pretty bad at that this year. But again, that can fall on coaching since Ham was heavily overusing/misusing him

First 1234 Last