Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 480

Kendrick Perkins Vs. Charles Barkley

Neither Charles Barkley nor Shaquille O'Neal have shied away from their opinion that the New York Knicks are destined for an early exit in the playoffs, prompting Kendrick Perkins to accuse the pair of TNT analysts of "obviously" not watching basketball.

During an appearance on The Michael Kay Show, host Michael Kay asked Perkins what Barkley and Shaq see that makes it so easy for them to write off the Knicks. Perkins didn't hesitate to say that the former stars turned analysts don't have enough time to watch games, and are thus misinformed about the Knicks.

"Obviously they don't watch basketball," said Perkins when Kay asked why the duo frequently dismissed New York. "I'm serious, they can't watch basketball on a consistent basis. The only time they actually probably watch the Knicks are when they're covering the Knicks on their game nights."

5:30 on the following video

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO

DrunkHorseplayer
    Redskins forever
    DrunkHorseplayer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19623

Perkins is right and being a great player doesn't make one a great analyst. Barkley gets a lot of mileage from his one liners and so-called straight talk but he's not a good analyst.

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11198

Quote Originally Posted by DrunkHorseplayer View Post
    Perkins is right and being a great player doesn't make one a great analyst. Barkley gets a lot of mileage from his one liners and so-called straight talk but he's not a good analyst.
    I don't think Barkley or Shaq ever said that they were analyst. They are ex basketball players that are paid to entertain. Perkins opinion is just like the rest of us. Opinions. No one gets it right all the time. I agree that I think the Knicks make an early exit to Philly.

ChuckyTheGoat
    ChuckyTheGoat's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24945

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
    I don't think Barkley or Shaq ever said that they were analyst. They are ex basketball players that are paid to entertain. Perkins opinion is just like the rest of us. Opinions. No one gets it right all the time. I agree that I think the Knicks make an early exit to Philly.
    Very true, Mac. Pretty funny exchange.