Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9221

Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post

Every site has a JV type, looking at the other sites, some have multiple types that are just flat out dangerously stupid.
    JV is harmless, I roll with it, if you don't like his humorous content, (not directed at you Eddy and Franz) just don't open his threads.

Simple.
    Don't feel pressured by a few self important loudmouths telling you what EVERYONE on our forum thinks.

I can assure you from long and repeated experience, anyone who incessantly demands a poster is banned for being annoying, like they actually think they speak for all users of the site, Definitely do not speak for many people here.

There has been enough instances of mods bending to the pressure of holier than thou types like Franz and Donniebrasco, only to find those people lose interest with no one to troll anymore, whilst many other users lament the targeted poster not being here anymore.

JohnnyV does NOTHING wrong as far as SBR or any gambling forum would have a real problem with.

If people like Eddy get sand in their oyster because the dont like his style... just pity them for being so lame and don't even respond to them with an explanation. Narcissism can't be reasoned with usually.

getaloadoffatso
    getaloadoffatso's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1730

Johnnyvegas saved my marriage

pimike
    SPORTS IS MONEY
    pimike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 90338

Quote Originally Posted by JAKEPEAVY21 View Post
    Hope you are right here, mike...

I feel like we are outgunned here and it could get ugly.
    I figured they would lose but didn’t see this

lol

franz555
    franz555's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8821

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    Don't feel pressured by a few self important loudmouths telling you what EVERYONE on our forum thinks.

I can assure you from long and repeated experience, anyone who incessantly demands a poster is banned for being annoying, like they actually think they speak for all users of the site, Definitely do not speak for many people here.

There has been enough instances of mods bending to the pressure of holier than thou types like Franz and Donniebrasco, only to find those people lose interest with no one to troll anymore, whilst many other users lament the targeted poster not being here anymore.

JohnnyV does NOTHING wrong as far as SBR or any gambling forum would have a real problem with.

If people like Eddy get sand in their oyster because the dont like his style... just pity them for being so lame and don't even respond to them with an explanation. Narcissism can't be reasoned with usually.
    I am not a narcissist nor do I feel as tho I am holier then thou. I have zero affiliation with DonnieBrasco other then he is a poster as well. I do not come into JV's threads with any regularity and merely addressed the fact that he had an " All Plays " thread and 5 other individual threads all being bumped by him at the same time. As I stated in both posts before and after the post you chose to address......

I cant recall any site that has an individual running 6 or 7 threads at the same time. In addition to his " All Plays " thread , he began reinserting an old thread from the NFL playoffs where he stated " if a #1 seed falls I will have to BUMP this thread ". I think a bit of respect for others , and the overall integrity of this site , should be considered. Harmless ? That's debatable imo

I don't speak for EVERYONE , just myself and my own opinion on the matter. I have NEVER been anything but respectful to you and I resent your unwarranted name calling. I stand by comment to Nasher here
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 2 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: DonnieBrasco23, and asiagambler

Eddy Munny
    Eddy Munny's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24944

Opti with his requisite "please don't upset the apple cart" response.

No one is claiming Johnny broke the law, they're just saying he's as useless as an ashtray on a motorbike. Nothing wrong with anything I've said in this thread. He bragged about submitting picks, irrespective of if they're actually profitable or at least backed with logic and reason.

You just want anyone that posts to keep posting; you wouldn't care if it was a trained chimp tapping the keyboard with the tip of a banana, as long as "content" was created. Well that's your position, others see random doggy threads riddled with typos and "on it" as useless clutter.

If Johnny has done nothing wrong then neither have his critics. Seems like you're the only one insisting on anything.

Igor_1965
    200 Independence Avenue
    Igor_1965's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 113

Keep throwing Darts Johnny

Is a Duke thread going to be posted soon?

ChuckyTheGoat
    ChuckyTheGoat's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24893

Appreciate your comments, Johnny. Get em next time, pal.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11901

Always be fading!

I love SBR, just log in and start fading everyone and chances are you'll be a pretty good sports gambler..

Eddy Munny

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckyTheGoat View Post
    Appreciate your comments, Johnny. Get em next time, pal.
    Get in them cheeks, Chuck... Get it!

Do you prefer Chucky the Throat or Chucky the Hairy Cheeks Slayer?

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7738

Quote Originally Posted by Igor_1965 View Post
    Keep throwing Darts Johnny

Is a Duke thread going to be posted soon?

They have a shot though.
    Points Awarded:

franz555 gave lakerboy 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

franz555

I have NEVER asked to have another poster banned. Your extreme bias is fairly obvious here and you have crossed a line with your false accusations and slander of me. If you would prefer to have me off of this site , just say the word and I will leave ASAP. Otherwise , apologize for the accusations like a real man should.

I will await your reply

Eddy Munny

Who cares, dude... Optional puts the red jersey on Johnny, meaning no one can touch him. He's too precious.

It's not just me, you, or Donnie that scoff at Johnny's contributions, it's an entire brigade that regard him as spam you have to sort through. For Optional to marginalize the majority's opinions and declare them narcissistic ironically makes him the holier than thou party since he places himself above the majority as some self-ordained moral arbiter.

It doesn't even matter, let Opti scramble about... He's the guy rearranging deck furniture on the Titanic.
    Points Awarded:

franz555 gave Eddy Munny 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

franz555

Quote Originally Posted by Eddy Munny View Post
    Who cares, dude... Optional puts the red jersey on Johnny, meaning no one can touch him. He's too precious.

It's not just me, you, or Donnie that scoff at Johnny's contributions, it's an entire brigade that regard him as spam you have to sort through. For Optional to marginalize the majority's opinions and declare them narcissistic ironically makes him the holier than thou party since he places himself above the majority as some self-ordained moral arbiter.

It doesn't even matter, let Opti scramble about... He's the guy rearranging deck furniture on the Titanic.
    No argument with anything you said here. Its one thing to stand up for your " Fav's " but calling out a poster with lies is more then just irresponsible. I've been loyal to this site for almost 10 years and have a lot of respect for moderators like Nasher and MJ , but I'm done here if Opti doesn't apologize for slandering me with lies to accommodate his own agenda.

Optional

Quote Originally Posted by franz555 View Post

I have NEVER asked to have another poster banned. Your extreme bias is fairly obvious here and you have crossed a line with your false accusations and slander of me. If you would prefer to have me off of this site , just say the word and I will leave ASAP. Otherwise , apologize for the accusations like a real man should.

I will await your reply
    How about next time you start typing a critique of another poster with the pompous, holler than thou, tone you used about JV, try to remember someone else might see that as a fair opening to throw out some personal criticism of you too? You don't seem to like it. Maybe think about how you feel right now the next time the urge over comes you.

franz555

How about next time you start typing a critique of another poster with the pompous, holler than thou, tone you used about JV, try to remember someone else might see that as a fair opening to throw out some personal criticism of you too? You don't seem to like it. Maybe think about how you feel right now the next time the urge over comes you.
    That's a cop out. Go and check what I stated to both DonnieBrasco and Eddy about wasting time on taking shots at JV. I didnt go into his threads as a " Troll " as you accused me of. My comments were in regard to his rolling 6 threads to take over the entire Players Forum. He was bumping an old thread about the NFL playoffs at the same time. I spoke of " Site integrity " and RESPECT for other posters. I have NEVER trolled a particular poster , nor have I ever asked for another poster to be banned. Those were flat out lies. I could care less if you like me or not , but you will not put my integrity in question with a bunch of lies. Apologize or I'm done here

If you are okay , and the site owners , with having The JV show be the substance of the primary focus of this site , I'm not interested.

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32317

Franz, like Eddy, I'm more than OK with you, I genuinely like you, but I think you're being over the top.

I am no way shape or form defending JV in this instance, but we cannot ban somebody because a group of users think one is annoying.

Hell, there are past users here that were just as or more annoying, but being annoying is not grounds for a boot!

I've been doing this for 25 years, here and the now defunct baseball dot com.

I've seen this 1000 times over.

Nobody is suggesting you leave, I for one think your sports posts are solid, but my advice is ignoring him ad don't read.
    If you can't get past that and you feel you must leave, then thanks for your contributions in the past and best of luck going forward.

On the surface it may look like he's dragging us down, but know this, and know this well, he's not at all.
    Once again, I am not defending JV here.

Optional

If you are okay , and the site owners , with having The JV show be the substance of the primary focus of this site , I'm not interested.
    You say I lied by calling you out for trying to pressure mods to ban JV eh Franz.

Or maybe I was lying that you were trolling? Scroll back and read how many posts in this thread from you are casting holier than thou judgement over both JV and SBR

Or was I lying that you were pompous?

Anyway, do whatever you like. Same as JohhnyV can pal.

Eddy Munny

Optional only posts anymore to defend JV. That's his muse now I guess.

"Oh no, criticism leveled at the retard... time to circle the wagons!!!"

Optional

Quote Originally Posted by Eddy Munny View Post
    Optional only posts anymore to defend JV. That's his muse now I guess.

"Oh no, criticism leveled at the retard... time to circle the wagons!!!"
    I don't hassle you. Should be as free as Johhny is to post at each other I think.

But you don't come into any thread talking out the side of your mouth about how SBR should only be for serious cappers and having JV here is destroying the site and if SBR policy allows people who annoy you to post they should be ashamed, or some such BS.

Plus I am sure if you did start posting that, looking for a response, you would not toss all your toys out of the pram if you got one as good as you gave.

Anyway, I mostly wanted to make it clear that another Thomorino style "mean girls" group pounding on about him being not allowed to post as he wishes was not going to start up. And that's what Franz was instigating.

franz555

Franz, like Eddy, I'm more than OK with you, I genuinely like you, but I think you're being over the top.

I am no way shape or form defending JV in this instance, but we cannot ban somebody because a group of users think one is annoying.

Hell, there are past users here that were just as or more annoying, but being annoying is not grounds for a boot!

I've been doing this for 25 years, here and the now defunct baseball dot com.

I've seen this 1000 times over.

Nobody is suggesting you leave, I for one think your sports posts are solid, but my advice is ignoring him ad don't read.
    If you can't get past that and you feel you must leave, then thanks for your contributions in the past and best of luck going forward.

On the surface it may look like he's dragging us down, but know this, and know this well, he's not at all.
    Once again, I am not defending JV here.
    WHERE DID I EVER ASK FOR A POSTER TO BE BANNED ?

Again , I stand by my posts in this thread. To have an " All plays " thread and then create 6 new threads on each independent game with the mere words " ON IT " was taking over the entire Players Forum. When he also added a thread from months ago stating " if a #1 seed falls I will have to BUMP this thread. I only speak for myself when I say that this sort of action takes away from other posters with significant content.

What Optional stated is an outright lie

NEVER have I asked to ban a poster

If I care about the integrity of the site more then a moderator , it should be concerning to you.

Its very irresponsible of Optional to step in and paint me with a brush intended for others. As for his feeling my comments were pompous , check this entire site over again , that can be said about 100's of posters , I could care less. Posting lies about me is unacceptable and I am owed an apology or I am out of here. INTEGRITY matters to me , it should to you as well imo

Either way , I appreciate and respect you Nasher. You are one of the good ones here

stevenash

WHERE DID I EVER ASK FOR A POSTER TO BE BANNED ?

Either way , I appreciate and respect you Nasher. You are one of the good ones here
    1) Thank you for that, appreciate you.
    2) I never personally said you specifically, mine was a general blanket statement.
    Sorry if you misinterpreted or made me clear.

I'm going to have a big fat roast beef hero for lunch, I'll be back later on, join me, we'll talk hoops later tonight.

Sound like a plan?
    Points Awarded:

franz555 gave stevenash 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Eddy Munny

I don't hassle you. Should be as free as Johhny is to post at each other I think.

But you don't come into any thread talking out the side of your mouth about how SBR should only be for serious cappers and having JV here is destroying the site and if SBR policy allows people who annoy you to post they should be ashamed, or some such BS.

Plus I am sure if you did start posting that, looking for a response, you would not toss all your toys out of the pram if you got one as good as you gave.

Anyway, I mostly wanted to make it clear that another Thomorino style "mean girls" group pounding on about him being not allowed to post as he wishes was not going to start up. And that's what Franz was instigating.
    Well if you've been paying any attention you'd know that Johnny's threads really only take off when someone throws a little salt in his direction anyways. It's good for the ecosystem. Otherwise it's mostly just "on it" followed by fluff replies and Chucky giving an eager tallywacker tug.

Johnny doesn't need a red carpet escort. He's a grown ass man with a Herculean knack for losing air bets without batting an eyelash.
    Points Awarded:

franz555 gave Eddy Munny 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

DonnieBrasco23
    DonnieBrasco23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 805

Quote Originally Posted by getaloadoffatso View Post
    Johnnyvegas saved my marriage

Joke of the day

DonnieBrasco23

I am not a narcissist nor do I feel as tho I am holier then thou. I have zero affiliation with DonnieBrasco other then he is a poster as well. I do not come into JV's threads with any regularity and merely addressed the fact that he had an " All Plays " thread and 5 other individual threads all being bumped by him at the same time. As I stated in both posts before and after the post you chose to address......

I cant recall any site that has an individual running 6 or 7 threads at the same time. In addition to his " All Plays " thread , he began reinserting an old thread from the NFL playoffs where he stated " if a #1 seed falls I will have to BUMP this thread ". I think a bit of respect for others , and the overall integrity of this site , should be considered. Harmless ? That's debatable imo

I don't speak for EVERYONE , just myself and my own opinion on the matter. I have NEVER been anything but respectful to you and I resent your unwarranted name calling. I stand by comment to Nasher here
    Hey Franzy this is fuckin’ BeatTheJerk aka Jerky aka JDS aka DonnieBrasco23
    Points Awarded:

franz555 gave DonnieBrasco23 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

DonnieBrasco23

Catching up on this thread very interesting bathroom material brewing here …

johnnyvegas13
    johnnyvegas13's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 172

I was wrong here

what else is new …

DonnieBrasco23

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    Always be fading!

I love SBR, just log in and start fading everyone and chances are you'll be a pretty good sports gambler..
    That’s so fuckin’ lazy by you and I know for a fact that you’re not even plus with that strategy. Make sure you laugh at the end next time so we know that’s a joke and you’re not being serious. BTW you’re losing gambler, and we all know it.

ChuckyTheGoat
    ChuckyTheGoat's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24893

SBR should issue 100 shares of Company Stock to Johnny Vegas. Who drives traffic more than JV?

Eddy Munny

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyvegas13 View Post
    I was wrong here

what else is new …
    I'll tell you what else is new. Franz has started a petition to have you banned and myself and Donnie were the first ones to sign it. Franz said after he gets 50 signatures he's gonna leave it on Optional's desk and force him to reconsider his slander against your opponents. The recent ratings have shown that you're actively hurting SBR.

johnnyvegas13

SBR should issue 100 shares of Company Stock to Johnny Vegas. Who drives traffic more than JV?
    Agree

i should b a paid poster by now

johnnyvegas13

Do it eddy ban me

not like I am gonna lose any pay check here

Eddy Munny

That'd be worth like a dollar... just enough for him to buy a back rub from you and have change left for cigarette.

stevenash

Quote Originally Posted by DonnieBrasco23 View Post
    Hey Franzy this is fuckin’ BeatTheJerk aka Jerky aka JDS aka DonnieBrasco23
    Yeah, we know.
    You've made that abundantly clear 100x.

DonnieBrasco23

Yeah, we know.
    You've made that abundantly clear 100x.
    101X for Franzy he & I are “buds” from another forum mother.

DonnieBrasco23

Hey Nasher I figured it out why you don’t like me, because I’m on the other fuckin’ team and we’re fuckin’ winning plain & simple, “fa get about it”. You’ve always been a fugazi in my book glad you never transferred.

First 12345 Last