PD77
    Bitches!
    PD77's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2326

Gemini Leak

Anyone else get their info leaked by Gemini? I was notified today that my email address was part of the leak, not by Gemini but by haveibeenpwned.com. Gemini is crickets and using the Ledger excuse of it was one of our vendors, complete bullshit. I haven’t used Gemini in over a year, in fact I changed my email address there 16 months ago but the old email address was the one in the leak so I think this data is old. I never trusted Gemini after my account was compromised, they pushed Authy and I prefer Google Authenticator. I went ahead and closed the account today, the Wankervoss twins can suck it, I hope Gemini goes belly up.

KVB
    It's not what they bring...
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7576

Anyone else?

Haven't seen anything myself.

I did see some junk mail that appeared to come from Gemini, but clearly it did not.

I say that as a heads up to anyone checking their emails, look closer and don't just click anything.

PD77
    Bitches!
    PD77's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2326

5.7 emails and partial phone numbers. Way better than ledgers leak that had email, full phone number and my f’ing home address. Those bastards better be glad they are headquartered in France.
    https://cointelegraph.com/news/gemin...-emails-leaked
    Points Awarded:

KVB gave PD77 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

You can get a breach anywhere now. Gemini claims all funds were safe.... BTC everything. A name and an email isn't anything these days. Wells Fargo had a breach in 2021 and 2022. Included SS numbers etc. I would trust Gemini over Coinbase any day.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Breaches happen every company

non story now

big joe 1212
    big joe 1212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5365

Seems like every day there’s a breach somewhere. It’s part of every day life like the mass shootings

maxell
    maxell's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 18933

If you want breaches ... check out T Mobile. Major hacks/leaks three times in the past five years.