chargers4222
    chargers4222's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8926

I'd love for someone to explain why the Cardinals Super Bowl odds are so low

Too much can happen in an NFL season to feel great about any SB bets, but I really do not understand the Cardinals odds. Best team in the NFL for the first half of last season. Best receiving core in the league by a large margin. Rondale Moore will be a top 10 NFL WR by the end of this year. Six games for Hopkins will go by very quick. If they get out of those 3-3 or better, that's a win. The TE they drafted, Trey McBride, is also an elite player.

I'm also very high on their defensive talent. Watt getting hurt was really the beginning of the end for their chances last year. He should be fully healthy now. They have one of the best linebacker duos in the league as well, in my opinion, with Simmons and Collins, and Budda Baker anchoring the back end.

The biggest thing they have going for them is the fact that the SB is in Arizona this year. The Bucs and Rams both won the SB in their own stadium. My official prediction as of now is that they lose the SB to Bills or the Chargers, but I think Cardinals to win NFC at +1400 is a great bet, and Cardinals to win the SB at +3200 would be a nice one to hedge if they did get there.
    Last edited by chargers4222; 07-22-22 at 11:15 AM.

Ian
    Tank Man Lives
    Ian's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 33546

With a little shopping you can do a lot better than +3200. Anyway...

I'm with you on the Cardinals looking pretty awesome. I'd guess the line is where it is because A) their schedule is brutal, and B) so much of NFL success is based on staying healthy and some of their key players have injury histories.

Just my opinion...

GunShard
    Invest In Ethereum And Bitcoin
    GunShard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1944

Bucs and Bills got their premium QB through trade to win their home field super bowl. Cardinals did not do that. Before the Bucs and Bills, no team has had home field at the super bowl. This rare occurrence ended on the Rams. Just as rare as Overtime on that Falcons vs Patriots super bowl. I don't think there will be a home field super bowl for decades.

chargers4222

Quote Originally Posted by GunShard View Post
    Bucs and Bills got their premium QB through trade to win their home field super bowl. Cardinals did not do that. Before the Bucs and Bills, no team has had home field at the super bowl. This rare occurrence ended on the Rams. Just as rare as Overtime on that Falcons vs Patriots super bowl. I don't think there will be a home field super bowl for decades.
    The Bills?

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32424

Arizona 'can' win it all, but I'm going to need more than 30:1.
    I like your NFC wager better.

Why so low?
    Just a guess, probably a reaction off the Murray deal.

DrunkHorseplayer
    Redskins forever
    DrunkHorseplayer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19651

The Cardinals started 7-0 and ended 4-6. Which record is more likely to be an aberration? The 7-0, of course; 32-1 is nowhere near acceptable odds.

iwantcougars
    iwantcougars's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 679

they choke on the playofss. chandler jones is gone, hopkins will miss 6 games

johnnyvegas13
    johnnyvegas13's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 238

Not happening

Better bet is cards to win bases

pologq
    When you are SBR you are SBR 4 Life
    pologq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5971

cards have a tough division with 49ers and rams. finishing last year not that great lasts in people's minds too. i am not 100 percent sold on them but i do agree the odds are good.

chargers4222

Quote Originally Posted by pologq View Post
    cards have a tough division with 49ers and rams. finishing last year not that great lasts in people's minds too. i am not 100 percent sold on them but i do agree the odds are good.
    I'd bet a lot of money that 49ers don't make the playoffs. Teams are wise to the Deebo stuff now. They had their run last year and got a lot further than they should have. I think Vikings can surprise some people and grab a wild card, and as much as I hate Jameis Winston, the Saints roster is too good to miss the playoffs. Then you have possibly any of the East teams grabbing a wild card as well. I think that whole division will be much improved.

stevenash

Quote Originally Posted by chargers4222 View Post
    I'd bet a lot of money that 49ers don't make the playoffs. Teams are wise to the Deebo stuff now. They had their run last year and got a lot further than they should have. I think Vikings can surprise some people and grab a wild card, and as much as I hate Jameis Winston, the Saints roster is too good to miss the playoffs. Then you have possibly any of the East teams grabbing a wild card as well. I think that whole division will be much improved.
    Ask yourself this before investing long term on the Cards.
    Do they have enough defense to contain the Rams?
    I kniow Arizona's defense is pretty good, is it good enough this year to slow down the champs.

Also, if you're going to go to the SB, can the best SD, KC, or Buffalo?

KiDBaZkiT
    September 2021 POTM
    KiDBaZkiT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1291

Murrray looked like a total scrub in that playoff game last year. Couldn’t go to war with that 5.5 footer.
    Points Awarded:

edawg gave KiDBaZkiT 4 SBR Point(s) for this post.

marcoloco
    marcoloco's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9144

Sure does seem low

ChuckyTheGoat
    ChuckyTheGoat's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24981

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyvegas13 View Post
    Not happening

Better bet is cards to win bases
    When OP says "low"...I think you're saying the odds are too HIGH. Opposite wording, to my logic.

Really, I think the reason is that Murray is a midget. Guy shows wear over course of a season. Hasn't show he has the classic physique to handle the rigors.

If the NFL went to an 18-game schedule, I wonder if they'd mandate each player gets one week on INACTIVE. Murray is explosive, just think he will show to be injury-prone.

stevenash

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckyTheGoat View Post
    When OP says "low"...I think you're saying the odds are too HIGH. Opposite wording, to my logic.

Really, I think the reason is that Murray is a midget. Guy shows wear over course of a season. Hasn't show he has the classic physique to handle the rigors.

If the NFL went to an 18-game schedule, I wonder if they'd mandate each player gets one week on INACTIVE. Murray is explosive, just think he will show to be injury-prone.
    I know Murray's heart is a little bit more into the NFL than MLB, I read where he didn't want to put in the three year minor league dues that he would have had to pay if he signed with Oakland, but strictly talking long term (IMO) he would have been better served going the MLB route.

Yeah, he was that good a defensive centerfielder when he played for the Sooners, and his senior year he had a monster season at the plate, he hit for average, he hit for power, and he got on base with an impressive .400 OBA (almost .400)

There's a reason Murray is the only athlete EVER to be drafted in the first round in both MLB and NFL drafts.

Bo wasn't, Deion wasn't, Elway wasn't, only Murray was drafted first round in both professional sports.

lonegambler23
    Org Mafia
    lonegambler23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13520

king kliff coach of year +2800 locked in.

JAKEPEAVY21
    JAKEPEAVY21's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 47607

Too much can happen in an NFL season to feel great about any SB bets, but I really do not understand the Cardinals odds. Best team in the NFL for the first half of last season. Best receiving core in the league by a large margin. Rondale Moore will be a top 10 NFL WR by the end of this year. Six games for Hopkins will go by very quick. If they get out of those 3-3 or better, that's a win. The TE they drafted, Trey McBride, is also an elite player.

I'm also very high on their defensive talent. Watt getting hurt was really the beginning of the end for their chances last year. He should be fully healthy now. They have one of the best linebacker duos in the league as well, in my opinion, with Simmons and Collins, and Budda Baker anchoring the back end.

The biggest thing they have going for them is the fact that the SB is in Arizona this year. The Bucs and Rams both won the SB in their own stadium. My official prediction as of now is that they lose the SB to Bills or the Chargers, but I think Cardinals to win NFC at +1400 is a great bet, and Cardinals to win the SB at +3200 would be a nice one to hedge if they did get there.
    Shocked that anyone could make a statement like that about the Cardinals receiving core. They don't even have the best wr group in their division. Just off the top of my head, I'd take the Bengals, Chargers, Eagles, Rams, Seahawks, Raiders, Dolphins and probably a few others ahead of Zona's group.

Roscoe_Word
    Roscoe_Word's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8667

What are they about +3500....

Might be some internal descension, but I think Murray can still run like Forrest Gump.

Hoptkins situation.....

2175jwd
    2175jwd's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

Quote Originally Posted by DrunkHorseplayer View Post
    The Cardinals started 7-0 and ended 4-6. Which record is more likely to be an aberration? The 7-0, of course; 32-1 is nowhere near acceptable odds.
    Kyler Murray pulled off something last year you never see. He had 12 fumbles but did not lose any of them. That kind of luck will not happen again this year.

johnnyvegas13

Quote Originally Posted by 2175jwd View Post
    Kyler Murray pulled off something last year you never see. He had 12 fumbles but did not lose any of them. That kind of luck will not happen again this year.
    Murray is prob overrated

real issue cards d tho

chargers4222

Quote Originally Posted by JAKEPEAVY21 View Post
    Shocked that anyone could make a statement like that about the Cardinals receiving core. They don't even have the best wr group in their division. Just off the top of my head, I'd take the Bengals, Chargers, Eagles, Rams, Seahawks, Raiders, Dolphins and probably a few others ahead of Zona's group.
    You're egregiously wrong but again it's all subjective. Rondale Moore is a #1 receiver and will be for a long time. This year is his coming out party. Hopkins is a top 3 receiver. Hollywood Brown will also take the next step this year since he won't be getting doubled all the time now that he has other receiving threats to draw attention, and AJ Green would be still the second-best receiver on most teams.

chargers4222

Quote Originally Posted by lonegambler23 View Post
    king kliff coach of year +2800 locked in.
    Brandon Staley will win Coach of the Year. Chargers are a juggernaut.

edawg
    edawg's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4943

The Coach QB combination looks like a GQ model and a midget.

KiDBaZkiT
    September 2021 POTM

Lmfao!!!! That clown who thinks he is playing Madden? Guy not only coached his team out of the playoffs, but out of a division title as well cuz he wouldn’t take a chip shot field goal one time. Guys an absolute clown.

pologq
    When you are SBR you are SBR 4 Life
    pologq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5971

Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post
    Ask yourself this before investing long term on the Cards.
    Do they have enough defense to contain the Rams?
    I kniow Arizona's defense is pretty good, is it good enough this year to slow down the champs.

Also, if you're going to go to the SB, can the best SD, KC, or Buffalo?
    the saints with michael thomas as a safety net back in the fold and that defense i think can steal a wildcard spot

johnnyvegas13

Quote Originally Posted by pologq View Post
    the saints with michael thomas as a safety net back in the fold and that defense i think can steal a wildcard spot
    Ya saints r a solid team should b about 500 team

JayDr3am
    Handi
    JayDr3am's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8206

you really think murray is capable of getting them over that hump? hes a regular season demon but when the playoffs come its an entire different game..

stevenash

Quote Originally Posted by JayDr3am View Post
    you really think murray is capable of getting them over that hump? hes a regular season demon but when the playoffs come its an entire different game..
    Just double checked the updated future odds just to win the NFC
    Green Bay +400?
    I'm going to need much more than +400, +600 would be the bare minimum to bet on a past his prime Rodgers, without Adams to throw to, and an injured Tonyan, who was a one hit wonder anyways.

You trust Lazard as the Pack's WR1?
    Good luck with all that.

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma
    gauchojake's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13348

Did they fix their offensive line?

stake1
    stake1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2438

they should have fired kingsbury, last year was the best they will ever be under him

chargers4222

Quote Originally Posted by JayDr3am View Post
    He's played one playoff game against the eventual SB winners in their home stadium with tons of injuries on the team, as well as missing several games himself last year. People do this all the time, you guys never learn, it's infuriating. "This guy failed one time so he sucks." Kyler Murray is basically still a kid. Brandon Staley has coached one year. People fail at first and then they win. That's how sports work. It's called forecasting. You predict when someone with talent takes the next step. My prediction is that it's this year for the Cardinals and the Chargers.

KiDBaZkiT
    September 2021 POTM

He's played one playoff game against the eventual SB winners in their home stadium with tons of injuries on the team, as well as missing several games himself last year. People do this all the time, you guys never learn, it's infuriating. "This guy failed one time so he sucks." Kyler Murray is basically still a kid. Brandon Staley has coached one year. People fail at first and then they win. That's how sports work. It's called forecasting. You predict when someone with talent takes the next step. My prediction is that it's this year for the Cardinals and the Chargers.
    “Failed one time”?? Dude the kid looked absolutely lost. It wasn’t like Aaron Rodgers first playoff loss, where you could see some potential moving forward. Murray didn’t even belong on that field, injuries or not. That pick he threw was one of the worst turnovers I’ve seen in a playoff game. He’s too short to see down the field in a big game. Staley also isn’t going to learn from his mistakes as he claimed he did the right thing and would do it again in reference to that Chiefs loss. Herbert is a total stud and I like their D line but they aren’t getting to the Super Bowl this year. Ever since I’ve been watching football it doesn’t matter how good or healthy the Chargers are, they can’t win a big game. Cardinals might barely get a wild card. Wouldn’t shock me if AZ completely missed the playoffs.

stevenash

^
    Herbert is a total stud, hell yes!

Str8Mush4Life
    Str8Mush4Life's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6145

Take whatever money you were going to bet on this and put it towards your Cardinals bet for the love of God.

Coach of the Year??

lolllllllllllllllllllllllllzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzz

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma
    gauchojake's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13348

Staley will win coach of the year before KK.

12 Last