svsooner
    svsooner's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16053

Do the coaches/managers of NHL teams ever get into fights?

They are always dressed so sharp, it would be entertaining as hell. Since most of them are probably ex-players, I was wondering if they have that urge to scrap.

MiDNiTe
    MiDNiTe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5520

Yeah if u want to lose your job, how professional does that look with the coach getting into fights

svsooner

I guess you're right. I was thinking about MLB managers, they're always losing their cool and acting stupid. I should have worded my question better.

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

The only altercation I remember of 2 coaches yelling at each other was Scotty Bowman of Detroit and Marc Crawford of Colorado... when Marc Crawford acted like he was going to leap over the glass to get to Bowman.

svsooner

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post

The only altercation I remember of 2 coaches yelling at each other was Scotty Bowman of Detroit and Marc Crawford of Colorado... when Marc Crawford acted like he was going to leap over the glass to get to Bowman.
    That's pretty intense! I would think that would happen more often with some of these guys.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7738

Look up Herb Brooks vs Jacques Demers

Henry Gondorff
    Henry Gondorff's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 385

YouTube John Tortorella. He almost fought Calgary coach Bob Hartley once in 2014 after the teams had an on ice brawl, but he’s mainly remembered for losing his temper with reporters. Near the end of his time in Columbus he changed his media availability so that he would only meet with reporters after practice and never after games.

He often became highly irritable in the press conference after his team would lose or play poorly.