Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

Are the Twolves a sneaky team in the West to go deep?

They surrounded their core of stars with a lot of dirty hussle players, like Beverly, and Vanderbilt, McDaniels, etc. Anthony Edwards is one of the great up and coming 2 way players in the nba. Deangelo Russel doesn't play defense, but he's seasoned now, been in the league a long time. Towns to me is one of the best players in basketball. Guy is 7 feet and won the nba 3 pt shooting contest, so you know he has that fire in him where he thinks he's the best player on the court every night, even if he's not.

The West is starting to look pretty weak, with the Lakers looking like bums, the Suns missing CP3, Warriors stumbling, and Memphis being a one man squad. Jazz are the same team they've always been, just a jump shooting team. The Nuggets aren't getting Murray or Porter back this year, so I think they're finished in a 7 game series.

Warriors look like the most dangerous team obviously if they are clicking, but it feels like there's a level of physicality missing with that team for some reason. Klay isn't gonna be back to 100% this year defensively I don't think.

The Suns are the frontrunners for sure and they play great together and don't make very many mistakes. They have a dominant trio that is hard to bet again and it's not hard to see them winning it all.

Dallas I"m not sure. They are a wild card to me. They play tough though so that works in their favor.

pilebuck13
    pilebuck13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1717

Wolves foul like crazy…. Cp3 dices these cats up arizona in 5 all day….. wolves coming along one more year could use another vet pick up on that team…. Celtics gonna bury the East Tatum will be the best player In the league in a matter of time no one touching this cat…. Ime doing a tremendous job with them they going to the finals….

Goat Milk

Tatum is a baller and they can go far for sure.

I don't see anyone beating brooklyn if kyrie is allowed to play all games, but that doesn't look like its going to happen.

Even if he plays in half of the games tho, they would be very hard to beat 4 times.

pilebuck13

Agree there problems over there tho with that Kyrie mess you think they are going to lift it before playoffs? Sorry about your boy btw it’s sad seeing him all dried up on that lakers bench

MinnesotaFats
    MinnesotaFats's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1664

Deep? No....I mean the top 4 teams in the West are probably the top 4 teams in bball.

Wolves ain't getting past them IF they win the play in thingie

Brock Landers
    Forever in Debt to your Priceless Advice
    Brock Landers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8792

They're massively improved

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Nope

No defense at all

ThaTopMoron
    Body-Bags
    ThaTopMoron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6910

i'd put a future on a healthy Suns squad in the west and that's it

BuckyOne
    BuckyOne's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 19321

You forgot to mention Malik Beasley. Can make his own shot from three. More than a spot up guy.

They need to get to a 4 seed. They can score 140 at home in a shootout. (Actually a combo run/shoot)

clockwise1965
    clockwise1965's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18366

Wolves play no d.

asiagambler
    asiagambler's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 30480

Quote Originally Posted by MinnesotaFats View Post
    Deep? No....I mean the top 4 teams in the West are probably the top 4 teams in bball.

Wolves ain't getting past them IF they win the play in thingie
    Besides Phoenix, the best teams are in the East

MinnesotaFats
    MinnesotaFats's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1664

Quote Originally Posted by asiagambler View Post
    Besides Phoenix, the best teams are in the East
    LOL only if you read the ESPN "power rankings"

If you think Miami or Boston (Taytum is a stud thou) or Philly are doing anything with Milwaukee in their path I'd say you're nuts.

...and Phx, Memphis, Dal, Den, Utah & GSW are all better than Milwaukee.

Wolves are hot, and fun to watch, but they probably get swept rd 1

pilebuck13

Minny it’s hard to take your cynicism of your home team lightly seeing as you won’t let go cousins being a BUST. But home town guys are always the hardest on their teams…. But yah they need defense fun to watch in shoot outs but when they are slowed down they get worked.

ridgeway
    ridgeway's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6205

Wolves have a good group of young players but this is not their year. The Western conf is very tough.

Regul8er
    Wordd
    Regul8er's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4101

No run in the Wolves this year. Been a nice story, but they wont win a playoff round, assuming they escape the playin situaton.

Goat Milk

Quote Originally Posted by clockwise1965 View Post
    Wolves play no d.
    i think edwards and beverly are two of the best defenders in the nba at their positions. Some of these other guys are scrappy too like Taurean Prince and Vanderbilt and McDanials. They rebound very well as a team and they don't get bullied. But Dlo's lack of D is a concern for sure.

The west all looks pretty even to me this year, except suns and warriors.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Defense wins playoffs

shadymcgrady
    shadymcgrady's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2978

Edwards is going to be a star but they are not enough yet

IBetYou
    IBetYou's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16186

Lots of injuries out west... latest is Hardaway not coming back, Leonard & George maybe, Murray & Porter probably. At this point it looks like a Suns/ Grizz final in the West.

Goat Milk

Quote Originally Posted by IBetYou View Post
    Lots of injuries out west... latest is Hardaway not coming back, Leonard & George maybe, Murray & Porter probably. At this point it looks like a Suns/ Grizz final in the West.
    Grizzlies are a 1 man team with a lot of just rock solid players surrounding them. Not a ton of guys who can make things happen on the fly when the game gets mucked up.

IBetYou

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    Grizzlies are a 1 man team with a lot of just rock solid players surrounding them. Not a ton of guys who can make things happen on the fly when the game gets mucked up.
    I can see them getting upset also. I don't see them as a 1-man team at all... 4-star team plus Adams. GUess it depends upon what your definition of a star is, as much as scouting. Bane is one of the breakout players on the season. Problem for the Grizz as I see it is they've not played many games together at full strength and when they have they haven't looked good. Without Morant again tonight...

Goat Milk

Quote Originally Posted by IBetYou View Post
    I can see them getting upset also. I don't see them as a 1-man team at all... 4-star team plus Adams. GUess it depends upon what your definition of a star is, as much as scouting. Bane is one of the breakout players on the season. Problem for the Grizz as I see it is they've not played many games together at full strength and when they have they haven't looked good. Without Morant again tonight...
    Bane is good but I don't see him being able to create for others, what does he average, like 2 assists? What about brooks? I dont even wanna look it up but i'd bet that their starting 2 and 3 average about 5 or 6 assists combined, which is pitiful.

IBetYou

Well they're not p&r players so they don't rack up the assists. Bane is like Eric Gordon in his prime... very underrated. Brooks is like a cross between Crowder and Middleton... bit of a selfish guy but he makes up for it with effort. Overall a physically imposing tough team. Having an elite iso' player is not as important as what it used to be imo.

IBetYou

Warriors have been a poor team for a while. Green takes a month off so he can do his tv work for TNT -what a bunch of liberal cucks in that Warriors front office! Now he's back and Curry is OUT, and they're much worse. THey get upset in Orlando and Green calls his guys stupid and soft and yet you guessed it he's taking the night off on a b2b. What leadership. They deserve to lose.

thomorino
    thomorino's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    They surrounded their core of stars with a lot of dirty hussle players, like Beverly, and Vanderbilt, McDaniels, etc. Anthony Edwards is one of the great up and coming 2 way players in the nba. Deangelo Russel doesn't play defense, but he's seasoned now, been in the league a long time. Towns to me is one of the best players in basketball. Guy is 7 feet and won the nba 3 pt shooting contest, so you know he has that fire in him where he thinks he's the best player on the court every night, even if he's not.

The West is starting to look pretty weak, with the Lakers looking like bums, the Suns missing CP3, Warriors stumbling, and Memphis being a one man squad. Jazz are the same team they've always been, just a jump shooting team. The Nuggets aren't getting Murray or Porter back this year, so I think they're finished in a 7 game series.

Warriors look like the most dangerous team obviously if they are clicking, but it feels like there's a level of physicality missing with that team for some reason. Klay isn't gonna be back to 100% this year defensively I don't think.

The Suns are the frontrunners for sure and they play great together and don't make very many mistakes. They have a dominant trio that is hard to bet again and it's not hard to see them winning it all.

Dallas I"m not sure. They are a wild card to me. They play tough though so that works in their favor.
    No, not good enough defensively. They will be an interesting team offensively, but they can't defend at a high enough level.

thomorino
    thomorino's Avatar Become A Pro!

The Warriors are still the only team that can beat Phoenix, and they obviously have to be healthy to do so.

IBetYou

Towns dominated by Ayton tonight. Something about that guy doesn't sit well with me. There was a game earlier this season where they were winning in a blowout and coach took him out with about 3mins left and he was upset because he wanted to get to 50pts or whatever. Very immature. Might seem like a small thing but it tells you a lot. Opposite of Jokic imo. Typical American player lol

btw I find it v.funny as a Brit that two of the top coaches in the NBA these days (Nurse & Finch) cut their teeth in the B(ritish)B(asketball)L(eague), which is horrible. Feel good stories if I ever heard one. I seem to remember Finch appearing in the Sky Sports studio in the 90s as part of their NBA coverage. I dare say Nurse did too.

IBetYou

8 black coaches getting their first gig in the NBA this season primarily due to the colour of their skin (Adam Silver had made a statement about needing the NBA to "do better"). THese guys earned their opporutnity. Kudos to them. Well deserved.

ThaTopMoron
    Body-Bags
    ThaTopMoron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6910

Suns are only +115 to win the West on draft kings