EGrecu
    EGrecu's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1155

Why does Golden state continue to get such low lines??

They're only 3 point faves at Indiana tomorrow. How is this possible?

Vegas just doesn't believe They're a juggernaut?

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6337

looks right to me, 50/50 they cover or not

EGrecu

Quote Originally Posted by jtoler View Post
    looks right to me, 50/50 they cover or not
    Huh? They've won 80% of their games and like 90% of those wons have been by 5+ points

Indiana is a slightly below avg team. This should be a 7 point line

Golden state is a juggernaut and Vegas doesn't seem to believe in them

jtoler

youll go broke thinking like that. werent they -3 just the other night in philly and lost by 9

jrgum3
    Update your status
    jrgum3's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16012

Quote Originally Posted by EGrecu View Post
    Huh? They've won 80% of their games and like 90% of those wons have been by 5+ points

Indiana is a slightly below avg team. This should be a 7 point line

Golden state is a juggernaut and Vegas doesn't seem to believe in them
    The game is in Indy. Golden State shouldn't be laying more than 5 imo on the road today. If this were at Chase Center I'd say GS would be a 7-9 point favorite.

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

They're not a jaggernaut. They've overachieved. I don't see this team becoming the best version of themselves until around March/April.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

They are not great despite record

Everything been going right

EGrecu

Quote Originally Posted by jtoler View Post
    youll go broke thinking like that. werent they -3 just the other night in philly and lost by 9
    I watched that game. Philly made contested shot after contested shot and GSW missed a ton of wide open looks.

chilidog
    chilidog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 956

They're only 3 point faves at Indiana tomorrow. How is this possible?
    Vegas just doesn't believe They're a juggernaut?
    Golden State should be -10, but then give Indy +4 points for home court advantage , and I set the line at the Warriors -6. Line opened at -4 and is now at -5. Good bet to take.

EGrecu

Quote Originally Posted by chilidog View Post
    Golden State should be -10, but then give Indy +4 points for home court advantage , and I set the line at the Warriors -6. Line opened at -4 and is now at -5. Good bet to take.
    that's about what I thought - I thought maybe 6-7

it actually opened at 3 I think but I couldn't get it fast enough, it's at 5 now on my book. 3 Would have been great bet to take

EGrecu

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    They're not a jaggernaut. They've overachieved. I don't see this team becoming the best version of themselves until around March/April.
    they're outscoring opponents by 12 points per game so far and it's not a small sample size - it's about 30% of the year already. Anything over 10 ppg differential puts you into elite team all time category

they're #4 in the league in offensive efficiency and #1 by a big margin on defense

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21689

Indiana a live home dog here. They're on a good run and only lost by more than 4 in 5 games in Nov/Dec. I'd love the +5, but unfortunately the line is back to 3.5.

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma
    gauchojake's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13312

Brahma is that you pal???

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

they're outscoring opponents by 12 points per game so far and it's not a small sample size - it's about 30% of the year already. Anything over 10 ppg differential puts you into elite team all time category

they're #4 in the league in offensive efficiency and #1 by a big margin on defense
    That's the point. I don't think that's sustainable when your second best player is Andrew Wiggins.

jtoler

I watched that game. Philly made contested shot after contested shot and GSW missed a ton of wide open looks.
    not saying gs wont cover I just know lines are typically 50/50 thats wut the historic records say. anyway gs 6-4 ats on road, indy 9-6 ats at home for wut its worth.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11913

GS and CAVS best betting teams ATS in the NBA so far this year. Keep pounding game after game and you can't go wrong.

Numbers don't lie. https://www.teamrankings.com/nba/trends/ats_trends/

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    GS and CAVS best betting teams ATS in the NBA so far this year. Keep pounding game after game and you can't go wrong.

Numbers don't lie. https://www.teamrankings.com/nba/trends/ats_trends/
    Yes, yes you can. Happens all the time. The tide can turn at any time without warning. Oftentimes the best cover teams for the first half of the season are the worst for the second half. Not saying that will happen, but ain't nothing automatic.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Lines are set for a reason your not smarter than the books

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11913

Quote Originally Posted by d2bets View Post
    Yes, yes you can. Happens all the time. The tide can turn at any time without warning. Oftentimes the best cover teams for the first half of the season are the worst for the second half. Not saying that will happen, but ain't nothing automatic.
    True, but you ride it until it begins to pop. That's what I do. I always have a watchful eye to injury reports and if the teams are getting burned out. Nothing is ever a sure win bet and the more a team wins and covers the spreads the odds makers jack the lines also.

RonPaul2008
    Update your status
    RonPaul2008's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 243569

Quote Originally Posted by d2bets View Post
    Indiana a live home dog here. They're on a good run and only lost by more than 4 in 5 games in Nov/Dec. I'd love the +5, but unfortunately the line is back to 3.5.
    The line was never more then 4 anywhere, at least on my screen.

chilidog
    chilidog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 956

Quote Originally Posted by RonPaul2008 View Post
    The line was never more then 4 anywhere, at least on my screen.
    about 8:30 this morning on betonline

RonPaul2008
    Update your status
    RonPaul2008's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 243569

Quote Originally Posted by chilidog View Post
    about 8:30 this morning on betonline
    OK my mistake, I guess they had 5 for about 3 minutes.

BigDofBA
    BigDofBA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2011

People make this harder than it needs to be. Just ride the Warriors until they start becoming non-profitable.

It seems like people lose a lot of money backing bad teams just because of a line.

The line looks like Indiana is the play to most of us here...but we’re the public. Lol

When lines look weird just go with your gut or don’t play it. I could see Indy covering but would I want to goto the window in Vegas and feel good backing them…nope.

BigDofBA
    BigDofBA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2011

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    True, but you ride it until it begins to pop. That's what I do. I always have a watchful eye to injury reports and if the teams are getting burned out. Nothing is ever a sure win bet and the more a team wins and covers the spreads the odds makers jack the lines also.
    I tend to subscribe to your school of thinking. Sometimes teams just kill it and books take forever to adjust.

I’ve seen dudes continue to bet red and they’ll lose like 9 times in a row. Just ride the winning streak until it’s obviously over.

Philly won the other night but Philly is a much better team than Indy. Also, weren’t the Warriors up like 14 in the second half?

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by BigDofBA View Post
    People make this harder than it needs to be. Just ride the Warriors until they start becoming non-profitable.

It seems like people lose a lot of money backing bad teams just because of a line.

The line looks like Indiana is the play to most of us here...but we’re the public. Lol

When lines look weird just go with your gut or don’t play it. I could see Indy covering but would I want to goto the window in Vegas and feel good backing them…nope.
    I felt good clicking in my Indiana wager in online and adding winnings to my balance.