OldBill
    OldBill's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5246

Nurse thought she won $600 on NC lottery ticket. That is, until she went to cash it i

nice to find good news

Alison Cutler

Fri, March 25, 2022, 4:41 PM

When a North Carolina nurse drove to the lottery headquarters in Raleigh to cash her ticket, she had no idea she was transporting such precious cargo.
    The $2 ticket carried by Nikita Adeogun ended up being worth $113,715, according to lottery officials.
    Adeogun said she was completely caught off guard.
    “I thought maybe $600 or $700,” she told lottery officials.
    The Dunn resident bought her 10x The Cash ticket from the Food Lion on East Cumberland Street, according to lottery officials. The clerk told Adeogun that she needed to visit the headquarters in Raleigh, about 40 miles away from where she lived, to cash the prize.

When Adeogun arrived at the headquarters, she found out she won the jackpot.
    “My heart just stopped,” she said. “I’m just so grateful.”
    She took home $80,750 after taxes.
    The odds of winning a Fast Play jackpot are 1 in 240,000, according to the North Carolina Education lottery.
    Adeogun told lottery officials she was going to use the money to pay some bills.

OldBill

Stop for gas turns to riches as SC woman spends change on winning lottery ticket By Simone Jasper March 25, 2022 8:41 AM

Read more at:

A South Carolina woman was stopping for gas when she became much richer. The woman had change after filling her tank, so she spent that money on a scratch-off ticket. And when she went to her car, she discovered the ticket was worth $200,000, the S.C. Education Lottery said March 24 in a news release. “My heart was fluttering,” the winner told officials after she claimed her big prize. “I’m still kind of overwhelmed.

The lucky winner told officials she long felt that she would win the lottery but was shocked when it happened. “I thought, ‘What? Not me,’” said the woman, who beat 1-in-750,000 odds to win big. The winner, who said she didn’t want to be identified publicly, kept $138,000 after taxes, lottery spokesperson Holli Armstrong told McClatchy News in an email. It’s not the first time that a gas station turned into a memorable spot for a South Carolina lottery player.

Read more at: https://www.newsobserver.com/news/st...#storylink=cpy
    fawwwwwwwwkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk im moving to Carolina

OldBill

Man with a craving for Brazil nuts ends up winning life-changing NC lottery jackpot By Alison Cutler March 24, 2022 1:04 PM

A quick stop at a store to buy Brazil nuts ended up winning a North Carolina man a six-figure payday. Winston-Salem resident Douglas Pfaff visited the Harris Teeter on Grant Hill Lane to pick up his nuts and bought a $2 Lucky For Life ticket while he was there. It ended up winning the 66-year-old business owner the second-top prize in the game, according to lottery officials. Pfaff had to choose how to cash his prize: $25,000 a year for life, or a $390,000 lump sum prize ($276,942 after taxes,)

OldBill

Woman with bad headache goes for Tylenol, ends up winning big in Virginia lottery By Mark Price March 24, 2022 1:26 PM

A bad headache is being credited with winning one Virginia woman a six-figure prize in the Virginia Lottery. Dakota McNeill of Hampton says the pain was so intense, she called in sick for work and headed for the Newport News Food Mart for a bottle of Tylenol, according to a March 24 news release. Newport News is just west of Hampton on the Virginia coast. While at the store, McNeill spent an extra $5on a 10X the Money lottery ticket, officials said.

The scratch-off game has prizes ranging from $5 to $100,000. However, odds of a top prize are a sobering 1 in 2,366,400.

BeatTheJerk
    BeatTheJerk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 84

I love this shit, I love these stories. I always find myself playing a couple lottery tickets when I end up in an unexpected place like it’s fate or something lol silly me.

ChuckyTheGoat
    ChuckyTheGoat's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24869

Quote Originally Posted by OldBill View Post
    nice to find good news

Alison Cutler

Fri, March 25, 2022, 4:41 PM

When a North Carolina nurse drove to the lottery headquarters in Raleigh to cash her ticket, she had no idea she was transporting such precious cargo.
    The $2 ticket carried by Nikita Adeogun ended up being worth $113,715, according to lottery officials.
    Adeogun said she was completely caught off guard.
    “I thought maybe $600 or $700,” she told lottery officials.
    The Dunn resident bought her 10x The Cash ticket from the Food Lion on East Cumberland Street, according to lottery officials. The clerk told Adeogun that she needed to visit the headquarters in Raleigh, about 40 miles away from where she lived, to cash the prize.

When Adeogun arrived at the headquarters, she found out she won the jackpot.
    “My heart just stopped,” she said. “I’m just so grateful.”
    She took home $80,750 after taxes.
    The odds of winning a Fast Play jackpot are 1 in 240,000, according to the North Carolina Education lottery.
    Adeogun told lottery officials she was going to use the money to pay some bills.

Props to her. Nice score.

ChuckyTheGoat
    ChuckyTheGoat's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24869

Quote Originally Posted by BeatTheJerk View Post
    I love this shit, I love these stories. I always find myself playing a couple lottery tickets when I end up in an unexpected place like it’s fate or something lol silly me.
    If you hit, tho, Jerky! Have fun w/ it, you're smart.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: BeatTheJerk

BeatTheJerk
    BeatTheJerk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 84

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckyTheGoat View Post
    If you hit, tho, Jerky! Have fun w/ it, you're smart.
    Thanks buddy

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Nice score there

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2380

poor tax

ridgeway
    ridgeway's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6205

I love when people win because I never win anything.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11889

That works..

pablo222
    pablo222's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 25570

I was playing poker with a couple that won the 10k a week for life on a NYS scratcher.

They were in their 70s

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Quote Originally Posted by pablo222 View Post
    I was playing poker with a couple that won the 10k a week for life on a NYS scratcher.

They were in their 70s
    Not sure how it works but wouldn't have been better if their grandson cashed the ticket so he would have more years to live and keep getting the cash for life?

MinnesotaFats
    MinnesotaFats's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1664

Clearly women shouldn't be nurses

God knows what medical duties she's not read the instructions on

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11889

Not enough to quit her nursing job. Not even close.

A years salary for her though.. Not too shabby..

pablo222
    pablo222's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 25570

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    Not sure how it works but wouldn't have been better if their grandson cashed the ticket so he would have more years to live and keep getting the cash for life?
    She said they are taking a lump sum of about 8 million.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Quote Originally Posted by pablo222 View Post
    She said they are taking a lump sum of about 8 million.
    That makes sense. The catch with these weekly cash payments is they are hoping you will die before collecting all.