ericc
    ericc's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20509

Broncos QBs tried to fool COVID system in 2020 but were caught on surveillance

Do you recall the Denver Broncos having to start a practice-squad wide receiver at quarterback against the New Orleans Saints last season?

The reason the Broncos were forced to deal with their situation, it turns out, appears justified.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/broncos...154819459.html

Every Broncos QB on the active roster at the time last November — Drew Lock, Brett Rypien, Blake Bortles and Jeff Driskel — was ruled ineligible for the Saints game. It was reported at the time that those quarterbacks were not forthcoming during contact-tracing investigations, were in close contact with each other without wearing masks and didn’t carry their tracking devices as they were instructed.

Now we have new info on what went down at the team's facility that led to the QB wipeout, according to Sam Farmer of the Los Angeles Times.

Here's the key takeaway from Farmer's story:

John Elway, Denver’s president of football operations, made several frustrated pleas to Goodell to postpone the Sunday game until Tuesday, when the quarterbacks would be available. The league denied those requests because surveillance video from Denver’s facility showed the quarterbacks had tried to fool the system. They had removed their contact-tracing devices and put them in the four corners of the meeting room, then they sat together to watch film. That close contact automatically made them ineligible to play.

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11186

Everything is on video today. You have to be an idiot if you think you can get away with dirt most places. They should have been suspended several games. I know I would trust either of them running my team offense.

ericc
    ericc's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20509

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
    Everything is on video today. You have to be an idiot if you think you can get away with dirt most places. They should have been suspended several games. I know I would trust either of them running my team offense.
    They probably think they're special because their GM was a QB.