goduke
    goduke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2270

Game 2 Milwaukee Bucks +196

Dont let Game 1 steer you wrong. This is the right move for Game 2. Go!

Unrivaled
    Unrivaled's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5234

Bucks best chance is game 3.

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

Giannis needs to dominate for Bucks to win. Middleton can't be taking 30 shots. Giannis took like 10 shots? Not enough. Needs to take 20 shots minimum.

Unrivaled

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    Giannis needs to dominate for Bucks to win. Middleton can't be taking 30 shots. Giannis took like 10 shots? Not enough. Needs to take 20 shots minimum.
    Giannis is playing injured and they just ran him into the ground. Should have waited and rested him today.

thomorino
    thomorino's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    Milwaukee’s offense was fine other than Holiday needs to be better, they need to get Lopez off the court Paul. destroyed him.

This game was win because Lopez couldn’t guard Paul, everything else was fine for Milwaukee, Booker struggled most of the second half.

beantown34
    beantown34's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3348

Quote Originally Posted by Unrivaled View Post
    Giannis is playing injured and they just ran him into the ground. Should have waited and rested him today.
    i think they played him smartly. honestly he would have taken more shots if they didnt trail by 15 entire 2nd half

refs loved them some suns free throws in the first half and that sealed the game

but +196 is a bad bad sign for bucks series bettors

goduke

Quote Originally Posted by beantown34 View Post
    i think they played him smartly. honestly he would have taken more shots if they didnt trail by 15 entire 2nd half

refs loved them some suns free throws in the first half and that sealed the game

but +196 is a bad bad sign for bucks series bettors
    I disagree. The line is around the same where it settled at tip off. And now the public thinks the Bucks cant hang around with Giannis, yet the line remained the same spot. They could have priced it up more on Suns after Game 1 if they wanted to protect Suns action but they didnt

thomorino

Giannis needed to play today to get back in rhythm and regain confidence in his body, he’ll be ready in game 2.

thomorino

Giannis’s first game back was always going to be tough, better to get it over in game 1 then game 2, now he knows what his body can do.

Goat Milk

No excuses. He's not injured. He's on the court. This is the NBA, not women's soccer. He was perfectly fine, nothing was wrong with him.

MiDNiTe
    MiDNiTe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5520

No excuses for Paul or Giannis, one of them is going to win a ring, the loser can bitch they were unlucky but they may never get to the final again

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Phoenix played the perfect game last night

I’ll try the bucks

Snowball
    Snowball's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3780

I agree with Unrivaled and would have sat Giannis in Game 1.
    The team made adjustments and did very well without him.
    There is no way I would take the Bucks in Game 2.

1) Home court for the Suns makes them a better shooting team.
    2) Suns have no internal gelling problems.
    3) Bucks have not shown they can win with Giannis back in this condition.

It wouldn't matter so much if Giannis was just another star forward. What matters is how the team adapts its playmaking around Giannis like he's a young Lebron. Well - that's ok in general but it's not ok now, because of the injury. If Giannis is going to play the whole series which is basically certain, then the Bucks cannot win unless he is 100%. This includes the defensive zone. Suns will pick apart the Bucks with Giannis if he isn't 100%. The Bucks have no familiarity with a balanced scheme that includes him and is effective at this level. Remember, with a hyperextended knee, even if there is no concrete physical issue, the player often holds back a little out of trepidation, it's psychological and self-preservation as a valuable commodity. Until I see Giannis release 100% no-holds-barred and win, Bucks are done because they will not sit him, either.

As of right now I won't take Suns in Game 2, but if they win, it's over. Suns that know how to win and do it twice are not going to lose 4 before winning 2. Not with CP3 out there.
    Last edited by Snowball; 07-07-21 at 09:07 AM.

beantown34

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Phoenix played the perfect game last night

I’ll try the bucks
    ayton is a beast. the way he plays he can do 15-15 every game. dont think their is an answer this series

marcoloco
    marcoloco's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9132

Bucks game 2

Goat Milk

ayton is a beast. the way he plays he can do 15-15 every game. dont think their is an answer this series
    The answer is Giannis I would assume, since he's been guarding him. Get Ayton in foul trouble. Giannis can't be taking 10 shots and the Bucks expect to win a game.

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32303

He's been a beast all season.
    Thing is nobody noticed because of the little exposure Phoenix got before the playoffs.

He's only one of eight regular starting *centers* that averaged a double/double all season.

He's a top ten center.

scorpion896
    scorpion896's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2352

People will expect the zig-zag here. I wouldn't be surprised if Bucks play better, but Suns could easily win this by 5 again.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

tailing Duke here

shadymcgrady
    shadymcgrady's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2978

Giannis didn't look right yesterday, not sure if it's mental or physical. Maybe both, he needs to figure out another way to be effective of he he's not attacking the rim/ayton with ferocity

scorpion896

This won't end well for Bucks bettors I think. Eastern Champs +5.5 off a loss? Not a good sign.

goduke

Quote Originally Posted by scorpion896 View Post
    This won't end well for Bucks bettors I think. Eastern Champs +5.5 off a loss? Not a good sign.
    What do you think the line should be? It was 5.5 for Game 1 after Giannis was announced in. I think the line is set just right and if anything it should be higher towards -6.5 after Suns killed Bucks with Giannis playing.

beantown34

also like it if jrue holiday took the open 3 hes always open

instead he dribbles into traffic and the play is done

shoot 10 threes if you are open. make them pay

scorpion896

Quote Originally Posted by goduke View Post
    What do you think the line should be? It was 5.5 for Game 1 after Giannis was announced in. I think the line is set just right and if anything it should be higher towards -6.5 after Suns killed Bucks with Giannis playing.
    -6.5? lol what? the bucks beat the Nets. If anything game 1 should give more confidence that giannis is healthy. +5.5 is a very bad sign for Bucks bettors.

goduke

-6.5? lol what? the bucks beat the Nets. If anything game 1 should give more confidence that giannis is healthy. +5.5 is a very bad sign for Bucks bettors.
    The Nets have nothing to do with the line. Game 1 closed at 5.5 with Giannis. What do you think Game 2 should be? There was no event that changed except that the Suns won easily Game 1. So you're saying 5.5 is bad but theres no way they would move the line down to 4.5 or 3.5 after Game 1 it doesnt make any sense. What I was saying is that after the Suns handled the Bucks the books could use public perception and raise the Suns line and still achieve action. Instead they are saying nah we are comfortable getting hammered with Suns money in Game 2 which would be opposite of what you are saying and would be good for Bucks bettors

scorpion896

The Nets have nothing to do with the line. Game 1 closed at 5.5 with Giannis. What do you think Game 2 should be? There was no event that changed except that the Suns won easily Game 1. So you're saying 5.5 is bad but theres no way they would move the line down to 4.5 or 3.5 after Game 1 it doesnt make any sense. What I was saying is that after the Suns handled the Bucks the books could use public perception and raise the Suns line and still achieve action. Instead they are saying nah we are comfortable getting hammered with Suns money in Game 2 which would be opposite of what you are saying and would be good for Bucks bettors
    Game 1 closed -4.5 buddy.

goduke

Game 1 closed -4.5 buddy.
    Bookmaker closed at 5 so I was off .5 but still only a .5 increase for a blowout. They could have gone up more and still drawn Suns money. You still didnt say what you think the line should be for the Bucks if you thought it was a good sign for them?

scorpion896

Bookmaker closed at 5 so I was off .5 but still only a .5 increase for a blowout. They could have gone up more and still drawn Suns money. You still didnt say what you think the line should be for the Bucks if you thought it was a good sign for them?
    Suns closed -4.5 on Pinny, fact.

If Bucks was a lean for game 2, would be Suns -4.5 again, or -5 at the most.

goduke

Suns closed -4.5 on Pinny, fact.

If Bucks was a lean for game 2, would be Suns -4.5 again, or -5 at the most.
    SBR Odds says Pinny closed at -5

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32303

^
    My take?
    If you like the Bucks with the points in Game 2 than you must like the Bucks money line as well.

scorpion896

SBR Odds says Pinny closed at -5
    I got Bucks +4.5 on Pinny 3 min before tipoff...

titanium777
    titanium777's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3910

Game 1 was even statistically, minus the free throw discrepancy.

Unrivaled

Quote Originally Posted by titanium777 View Post
    Game 1 was even statistically, minus the free throw discrepancy.
    Suns were rusty and shot poorly. I expect them to play way better.

Goat Milk

Didn't you say that Chris Paul should get benched for Cameron Payne about a week ago? If you still believe that Paul sucks, then why are you worried about the line?

It doesn't matter what the line is. The line is set to entice better to bet both sides. If it's Bucks +7.5, everyone gonna take the Bucks. If it's PHX -4, a lot more money will come in on phx. The result is irrelevant.

Books never get hammered on one game. Never. Most books are taking more action on euro cup games across the world than they are on the nba finals. And tomorrow is another day. And the one after. Books win long term, day to day games are meaningless, even in a finals.

Goat Milk

Suns were rusty and shot poorly. I expect them to play way better.
    Chris Paul played the perfect game. He's not Kobe. Not gonna do that for 7 games. Hammer will come down on him sooner or later. If Giannis shows his true colors, which I expect him to, the suns will be in trouble this series. Ayton is not an answer for him.

12 Last