KVB
    It's not what they bring...
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7576

Can't get a good number? Try other angles and track.

So all the information is widely known and locked up; syndicates and wise guys already got the best lines. None of us has a chance to win. What can we do?

What if I told you there was information that only you have; info the syndicates aren’t even privy to?

If you can’t get the line you want with your current handicapping:

Get creative Increase your angles and track when to apply them...there are plenty of lines to exploit even if you are trying to get the best number.

I’ve posted this in conversation before:

The fact is there are many ways to skin a cat...there are many ways to successfully handicap. But beware, if one uses too many methods or tries to incorporate too many methods concurrently, whether they are successful methods or not the bettor will likely end up with a coin flip.

For example, in an NFL season a system or trend might be successful in applying to say 50 bets; the rest of games won't apply. Now that system or trend might be right, on say 70% of those 50 bets. Another trend or system that would be successfully applied to a different set of 50 games might also correctly predict 70% of those 50 bets…pretty good success rates.

But...if you apply the first system to the second set of 50 games or the second system to the first set of games, you may see only 30% success rate for each.

My point is, over the long haul, it is dangerous to limit yourself to one trend, system, angle or whatever you want to call it. That being said, if you were to incorporate every trend, system, or angle available into your handicapping, you would likely dull if not lose any edge and end up 50-50 in picks and lose money due to vigorish.

However, it should be noted that you would likely gain valuable marketplace experience if you understand how to interpret your results in such case.

I would also say that once your handicapping has reached a 50-50 level, you, as a handicapper, are about to "break on through to the other side." The side at which we, the successful handicappers, make our camp and spend our days.

I’ve said it before but tracking is very important, as well as understanding why you made certain bets and being able to do it again. Track, track track.

This is important information, unique to you, because you created it; use it well.

The numbers, and line movements, will almost come to you.

Good Luck.

KVB
    It's not what they bring...
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7576

Bump for the desolate, resigned to their world where it's "impossible" to win.

Never give up men, we are all in the same boat.

Well, at least we're all in the same waters.

RangeFinder
    RangeFinder's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2697

Stay the course. Always.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Most don’t track

They don’t want to see how much money they’re losing because their compulsive gambler’s, look at here most people don’t track because they don’t want to see the red losses

Most gamblers think their lifetime figure is up or even their dumb fuks because they get buried and in denial that’s what separates people like KVV/KVB and I

Orbison
    Orbison's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 153504

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Most don’t track

They don’t want to see how much money they’re losing because their compulsive gambler’s, look at here most people don’t track because they don’t want to see the red losses

Most gamblers think their lifetime figure is up or even their dumb fuks because they get buried and in denial that’s what separates people like KVV/KVB and I
    how much are you down lifetime?

jjgold

Lifetime number about $297,00

RangeFinder
    RangeFinder's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2697

I'm + $102,407.58

jjgold

Lol

Ranger you rarely win a bet here nor track plays

The File Clerk

Foxx
    Foxx's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11866

Interesting bump. That's all I got to say about that.

Orbison
    Orbison's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 153504

$297 bucks?.. is that a Euro decimal?

johnnyvegas13
    johnnyvegas13's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 174

Beating the closer always overrated in bases