MinnesotaFats
    MinnesotaFats's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1664

Ratings force NBA to remove BLM + Social messages

Points Awarded:

gauchojake gave MinnesotaFats 19 Betpoint(s) for this post.

KRIT
    KRIT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20376

Who cares.

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma
    gauchojake's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13300

I am floored right now. A link that works.

Housemoney
    Housemoney's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5056

Too little too late I hope.

MinnesotaFats

Quote Originally Posted by gauchojake View Post
    I am floored right now. A link that works.
    I got your 6 buddy... you can count on a Fats post for facts and winners and a solid link

goduke
    goduke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2270

Couldn’t it just be that the finals suck. I could care less if they want to litter the floor with whatever. But I haven’t watched because the competition is trash. Everyone laid down for the lakers and people are already weary of lebron title years and now it’s even worse. Like how bout them changing their jerseys for game 5 to the mamba jerseys? It’s just a bad product messaging or no messaging

Hman
    Hman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1222

Quote Originally Posted by Housemoney View Post
    Too little too late I hope.
    Beat me to it

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

Quote Originally Posted by MinnesotaFats View Post
    Silver says the right things in the interview. The question is why didn’t he know all of this already?

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7738

Quote Originally Posted by goduke View Post
    Couldn’t it just be that the finals suck. I could care less if they want to litter the floor with whatever. But I haven’t watched because the competition is trash. Everyone laid down for the lakers and people are already weary of lebron title years and now it’s even worse. Like how bout them changing their jerseys for game 5 to the mamba jerseys? It’s just a bad product messaging or no messaging
    No it's because the commissioner knows it got people who want to watch sports without political messages irritated. He even said that.

MinnesotaFats

NBA has never been about the product, it's had cycles of image issues thou, and has had poor ticket sales, media backlash and fan empathy issues before. I think this current image has made a slew of advertising agencies unable to coordinate product placement with the NBA including past stalwarts.

Look at the deal Michelob Ultra got. A-B HAD yo pull Budweiser from NBA because the association with the image of black lawlessness was turning off old white men at a rate of 20% accelerated decline. We'll see what the damage is for Ultra here, but a brand with no black following and a smaller volume base it was basically a throw away sponsorship. The writing was on the wall after that deal that this was a failing social message and image for the league.

carolinakid
    carolinakid's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3661

it should not only go for the nba, but the entire sport world..........

dlowilly
    dlowilly's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 192573

#GoWokeGoBroke

I like that

goduke

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    No it's because the commissioner knows it got people who want to watch sports without political messages irritated. He even said that.
    Those people aren’t going to watch regularly anyway. If messaging throws someone off they are about as fair weather as they come about the sport.
    It would be like listening to people complain about high end cars who buy one once in their lifetime compared to someone who buys one every year and then changing your whole strategy to appease them. It’s stupid

RudyRuetigger
    Leave of absence until March Madness
    RudyRuetigger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 55

Those people aren’t going to watch regularly anyway. If messaging throws someone off they are about as fair weather as they come about the sport.
    It would be like listening to people complain about high end cars who buy one once in their lifetime compared to someone who buys one every year and then changing your whole strategy to appease them. It’s stupid
    do you really believe the shit you type here day in and day out?
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: USCPHILLYGUY

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

We’ve been saying this for a while nobody wants to talk about these issues during games it doesn’t belong they finally realized it

carolinakid

GODUKE you are wrong big time, people are sick of these blm thugs tearing up our cities and they dont want the crap shove down their throats every time they try to watch sports..............if blacks think this is their platform to get their message out they are crazy and it only going to come back to bite them in the ass.

MinnesotaFats

You realize that Anheuser Busch literally removed the worlds number one brand from association with the NBA and replaced it with a brand that has 0 black drinkers and 0 international distribution.

You see the point here???

goduke

You realize that Anheuser Busch literally removed the worlds number one brand from association with the NBA and replaced it with a brand that has 0 black drinkers and 0 international distribution.

You see the point here???
    I understand what you’re saying. But I’m assuming they didn’t want to get into any messaging that affects their brand. My point isn’t that, it’s that these fans who complain about nba are not regular watching fans. They are fair weather fans at best.

Kermit
    My Finger Smells Like Pork
    Kermit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2611

I'm shocked.

goduke

Quote Originally Posted by carolinakid View Post
    GODUKE you are wrong big time, people are sick of these blm thugs tearing up our cities and they dont want the crap shove down their throats every time they try to watch sports..............if blacks think this is their platform to get their message out they are crazy and it only going to come back to bite them in the ass.
    You’re missing what I’m saying.

goduke

Quote Originally Posted by RudyRuetigger View Post
    do you really believe the shit you type here day in and day out?
    Rudy suck a dick dude. You are absolute trash here and I’m over your shit. You do nothing here except yell dems suck everyday. You contribute absolutely nothing

mjsuax13
    mjsuax13's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 897

I understand what you’re saying. But I’m assuming they didn’t want to get into any messaging that affects their brand. My point isn’t that, it’s that these fans who complain about nba are not regular watching fans. They are fair weather fans at best.
    I see your point Goduke but the “fair weather” fans provide incremental viewership/revenue that can make or break ratings, dollars, etc... that’s what I think anyway. Maybe I’m wrong. NBA product stinks too which plays a part as you said.

NBA in a tough spot here but ultimately dollars/revenue cures all and candidly the movement got what they wanted too... tons of donations, increased revenue and more above the fold press. We are all getting duped.

I own an advertising agency and we pulled all ads for our brands because we didn’t want the association with it or the potential backlash on our clients business.

jjgold

I’ve always said supporting black causes is bad business this proves it

carolinakid

Yes the nba has been bad for some time now, it nothing but street ball, too many 1 and done kids have make this a street ball, one on one thing today.......

MinnesotaFats

Think broader...the NBA fanbase has about 600mm in China and Eastern Europe.

The US base is about 85mm

The NBA doesn't care about the complaining US fan, you are right about that. The NBA does care about its ability to help sell Budweiser in China, Nike's in Germany, GE toasters in Latvia and Estonia and Starbucks in Italy.

It can't help these US brands abroad with the incredibly poor and violent imagery of supporting out of control black Americans... you know what happens to black American tourists in Europe and China? They don't get served, they get denied hotels, they can't rent cars, etc just based on the guilt by association.

mjsuax13

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    I’ve always said supporting black causes is bad business this proves it
    This... it’s really any cause socially/politically polarizing. You gotta stay away.

jjgold

Yep

mjsuax13

I always go back to this.... what the hell are these political “non profit” organizations working on outside of election cycles? You don’t hear a peep. It’s a crock of shit and that’s coming from a Hispanic male. All of the founders are now multimillionaires. What the hell are they doing outside the cycle? Give me 3 things. Anyone? Just tired of it.

goduke

Think broader...the NBA fanbase has about 600mm in China and Eastern Europe.

The US base is about 85mm

The NBA doesn't care about the complaining US fan, you are right about that. The NBA does care about its ability to help sell Budweiser in China, Nike's in Germany, GE toasters in Latvia and Estonia and Starbucks in Italy.

It can't help these US brands abroad with the incredibly poor and violent imagery of supporting out of control black Americans... you know what happens to black American tourists in Europe and China? They don't get served, they get denied hotels, they can't rent cars, etc just based on the guilt by association.
    You make a good point about the worldwide angle of advertising. See this is how it’s suppose to be done on this site. You made a valid point. I can see where my idea could be wrong here and I own it and tell you. You didn’t go beserk about my opinion you used rationalization and I heard it. Doesn’t mean I like companies burying social messages but I can understand what you’re saying and why
    Points Awarded:

MinnesotaFats gave goduke 5 SBR Point(s) for this post.

mjsuax13

You make a good point about the worldwide angle of advertising. See this is how it’s suppose to be done on this site. You made a valid point. I can see where my idea could be wrong here and I own it and tell you. You didn’t go beserk about my opinion you used rationalization and I heard it. Doesn’t mean I like companies burying social messages but I can understand what you’re saying and why
    All good points. Nobody is wrong or right. The optics of supporting these “movements” for a business enterprise is a slippery slope. The NBA is a corporation with mostly black employees and lots of white customers. Tough spot. If Lebron wants to do it, he can on his own time. He’s on the clock when suited up though.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7738

What are you talking about? You think the commissioner is that stupid? The people that watch his leagues games have clearly made him make this decision. This isn't about fairweather fans. The nba has lots of fans myself included who have been watching this league for decades. That's the crowd he is talking about.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: beerman2619

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

I hope he just likes Duke and didn’t go there, although I’m sure that’s the case.

goduke

Quote Originally Posted by thetrinity View Post
    I hope he just likes Duke and didn’t go there, although I’m sure that’s the case.
    Insightful

goduke

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    What are you talking about? You think the commissioner is that stupid? The people that watch his leagues games have clearly made him make this decision. This isn't about fairweather fans. The nba has lots of fans myself included who have been watching this league for decades. That's the crowd he is talking about.
    Read back through the thread