will2survive
    STAY IN YO LANE!
    will2survive's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22

Shawn Marion or Grant Hill?

I try to come up with either equal career stats or players in their prime---

For this we know (Grant Hill in his prime)

Who's better for their career (not prime)? Marion has been a very consistent performer. As we speak now, he's one game away from the NBA Title.

They've both played an estimated 900 career games. I'm a Duke fan, due to consistency my answer is Shawn Marion the Matrix

will2survive
    STAY IN YO LANE!
    will2survive's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22

Bump this--I like this comparison

downsouth
    Bobbywaves is a stiff
    downsouth's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25135

Who knows what/ how good hill could have been. Guy was too brittle

valaub04
    valaub04's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 171

I'm going to go with Grant b/c he used to sport the high top fade and can probably do long division.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: will2survive

chemicalbrother
    Under the Influence
    chemicalbrother's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'd probably take grant hill if I were drafting either as a rookie..

doublej95
    Co Power Poster 2011
    doublej95's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

Grant Hill with out a doubt

seaborneq
    It's time to collect
    seaborneq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13422

Grant's ceiling was all time great high, Shaun Marions ceiling was all star at best. Marion has never been the best player on any team since UNLV.

marcoloco
    marcoloco's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9144

if Grant was never inj plagued he would of had an amazing career

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4735

The UNLV player. You can't fuk with Vegas.

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 494

As three more of his contemporaries were chosen for Springfield orange jackets last month, Shawn Marion was left to ponder why he remains eternally overlooked. Marion’s versatility, ahead-of-its-time skill set and contributions on those super fun, ”Seven Seconds or Less” Phoenix Suns squads and the 2011 NBA champion Dallas Mavericks were lost on many.

Folks chose to see what they wanted — or, in his case, didn’t want — to see during his 16-year NBA career. But Marion knew he was more than a catchy nickname with an unorthodox game.

“I left a great imprint on the game and I’m at peace,” Marion said in a recent interview with The Athletic.

“I think the legacy I left for the game is there. But who is it to decide? Who is making the decisions? What do they base it off of? If you look at all the numbers, to me, I should be a shoo-in. Should I not?” Marion asked. “What am I supposed to do? What am I not supposed to do? It’s out of my control. I know it’s a political thing. It’s a lot more other stuff going on. But certain things, you earn that. I earned that.”

“I’m a big (reason) why the game is what it is today. And I can walk out of my house and hold my head held high and talk about this game, because I know what I was able to do on this floor. What I was able to do is the model of what everybody is trying to do right now,” said Marion, now a board member of the National Basketball Retired Players Association. “Everybody is trying to find somebody to do everything that I was able to do. Which they ain’t been successful. But they’ve found some bits and pieces to do some stuff.”

Hman
    Hman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1222

Marion one of the most underrated NBA players all-time.

Hill one of the more disappointing.

gojetsgomoxies
    gojetsgomoxies's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8519

grant hill was the next MJ without injuries. a simply amazing player, esp. if you saw him in person

shawn marion is a very good player. and good longevity

hawkwind
    hawkwind's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 22942

Hill was injury prone if he were healthy his whole career it wouldn't even be close.

blankoblanco
    blankoblanco's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29994

Quote Originally Posted by gojetsgomoxies View Post
    grant hill was the next MJ without injuries. a simply amazing player, esp. if you saw him in person

shawn marion is a very good player. and good longevity
    In his prime Hill was exceptional all-around but didn't quite have MJ's (or kobe's for that matter) scoring prowess. More of a solid 20 point guy. No doubt he could have been one of the greats though.

I'm a Magic fan so thinking about that whole time hurts. T-Mac + Hill could've been an insane duo

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

Marion is delusional. He went to Miami for a few years with Wade and literally didn't do shit. If he was as good as he thinks (hall of fame), him and Wade would have done something, as Wade was easily a top 3 player in the world at that time.

He was a borderline all star type player, in the same league as a Mike Conley. Never really performed that well in the playoffs. It was only when he went to Dallas and was like the 5th option and got to focus on his D that he was even ever able to win.

Grant Hill was a good player. He only averaged over 22 ppg 1 season, despite having a long career. Even before injuries, he was very good, more like a Penny Hardaway, all around, but was never really that special at one thing.

He would never be able to shine Tmac's shoes, let alone Bryant or Jordan.

jose21_us
    The Miami Connection
    jose21_us's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11248

he was garbage in Miami...

blankoblanco
    blankoblanco's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29994

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    He would never be able to shine Tmac's shoes, let alone Bryant or Jordan.
    Petition to turn this into a T-mac appreciation thread, lol. That guy was absolutely nuts in his prime and I think many people underrate him in retrospect. His talents in his prime were wasted on a mediocre Magic team. Kobe made remarks about how good Tracy was in various interviews as well

rm18
    Update your status
    rm18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 207814

Quote Originally Posted by seaborneq View Post
    Grant's ceiling was all time great high, Shaun Marions ceiling was all star at best. Marion has never been the best player on any team since UNLV.
    Marbury over Marion? I think he was the best player on the Suns a few times.

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

Quote Originally Posted by blankoblanco View Post
    Petition to turn this into a T-mac appreciation thread, lol. That guy was absolutely nuts in his prime and I think many people underrate him in retrospect. His talents in his prime were wasted on a mediocre Magic team. Kobe made remarks about how good Tracy was in various interviews as well
    I agree, McGrady was a one of a kind player who could do a lot of the same stuff Bryant could. In his prime, he and Bryant were the best two players in basketball. He never played with anyone good in his prime years, and when he went to Houston, he was still a great player but a few injuries ruined him. His prime ended at like 28/29 years old which was very odd for a player like that. Most greats of his calliber could play well into their 30s. Him getting into the Hall was borderline deserving but he really never measured up longevity wise to the likes of Kobe, Iverson, Wade at the SG position.

Roscoe_Word
    Roscoe_Word's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8667

Matrix had that funky shot

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Grant Hill by a mile