homie1975
    homie1975's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11138

We are tracking to 60K deaths by May 1st

With over 1900 deaths each of the last 3 days we are tracking for a total of approx 61K total deaths by 5/1. That's a 6 week timeline 3/16 to 5/1

For comparison the 2016-17 flu season had 80K deaths from oct 2 thru may 20. Over 7 mos to get to 80K deaths. This would be over 60K in slightly over 6 weeks. Insane

pimike
    SPORTS IS MONEY
    pimike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 90362

Will slow down considerably

b1slickguy
    WDKYWMYAK
    b1slickguy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29848

Quote Originally Posted by homie1975 View Post
    With over 1900 deaths each of the last 3 days we are tracking for a total of approx 61K total deaths by 5/1. That's a 6 week timeline 3/16 to 5/1

For comparison the 2016-17 flu season had 80K deaths from oct 2 thru may 20. Over 7 mos to get to 80K deaths. This would be over 60K in slightly over 6 weeks. Insane
    Not so fast with the "unconfirmed" death toll. Health workers are being coached to fudge the numbers.

homie1975

^ of course the confirmation bias Google search to fit your narrative

homie1975

Quote Originally Posted by b1slickguy View Post
    Not so fast with the "unconfirmed" death toll. Health workers are being coached to fudge the numbers.

I know some doctors well. I will vet out this video with them and provide a 100% truthful answer

mjsuax13
    mjsuax13's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 905

Always a conspiracy.

pimike
    SPORTS IS MONEY
    pimike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 90362

Quote Originally Posted by mjsuax13 View Post
    Always a conspiracy.
    That was a fact.

homie1975

MN only 1250 or so cases so they need to get their sorry assss lying act together real quick !!!

mjsuax13
    mjsuax13's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 905

Quote Originally Posted by pimike View Post
    That was a fact.
    I know. It’s always a current or future conspiracy.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7738

MN only 1250 or so cases so they need to get their sorry assss lying act together real quick !!!
    What you talking about? You have NEVER been to Minnesota. Bro you need to stop acting dumb. This virus is slowing down. We don't need to destroy our economic situation worldwide with a non-stop lockdown

homie1975

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    What you talking about? You have NEVER been to Minnesota. Bro you need to stop acting dumb. This virus is slowing down. We don't need to destroy our economic situation worldwide with a non-stop lockdown
    1250 is not enough. Doctors being coached and encouraged to write COVID 19 as the cause of death as often as possible.

They need to pick up the pace so they can scare everyone.

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

When does it end? End the lockdown in a few weeks, then what, another wave of this comes in at some point. There's no way to eradicate it without a vaccine...

COVID is one of the most contagious viruses that's ever infected the Earth. If this lockdown wasn't in place, everyone will be straight fukked. I mean, I don't care about myself too much, I think I can take it. I'm strong, I'm a warrior. But still, who knows. Who knows if it'll mutate.

This is a problem for science, not a problem for politicians to solve.

It's a war of a virus vs. the world's best epidemiologists.

Same as smallpox was. Same as Ebola. Same as malaria etc.

We need the medicine or else KO.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: aston

TheMetsSuck
    TheMetsSuck's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1488

Here’s a thought to consider. I know a ton of ppl who have been or are sick and this is how the system works. In most places it takes days to get the test then days to find out the result. By the time many find out their prognosis and are able to get full treatment at the swamped hospitals it may be too late for them. One of my gfs best friends thinks she has it here in la and is bed with a fever. The earliest corona testing she could get was an appointment this Saturday and she applied two days ago then it’ll take days to find out. What kind of system is this? This virus can easily kill you in that time span if you are say 7 days in with a fever / dry cough etc. There are going to be many bodies found inside ny apts/ homes when this is all said and done. Bodies of those waiting for results and Bodies of those who didn’t want to go the hospital Out of fear of the steep bill. These numbers are very deceiving. Testing is so backed up it’s comical.

PAULYPOKER
    I slipped Tricky Dick a hit of LSD!
    PAULYPOKER's Avatar Become A Pro!

You can't fix stupid..........

PAULYPOKER
    I slipped Tricky Dick a hit of LSD!
    PAULYPOKER's Avatar Become A Pro!

Here's even stupider............
    The US Death rate compared to the rest of the worst.........

Quote Originally Posted by PAULYPOKER View Post
    This proves beyond doubt, we need the STRICTEST
    social distancing policy posible

much more than we are now.........
    Country
    Italy
    Deaths
    Rate
    39.1%
    USA 16,691

39.2%^
    Spain 15,447 22.9%
    France 12,210 34.5%
    Iran 4,110 11.8%
    China 3,336 4.1%
    Germany 2,607 4.7%
    Belgium 2,523 32.8%
    Switzerland 948 8.3%
    Canada 509 8.7%
    Bullshit Pauly. Don't make up shit.

USA has 50 deaths for every million people. Italy has 302. USA has a 0.35 death rate.

16697 dead out of 468997 cases. Pauly stop with the bullshit and go to bed.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

Guys use that site. Don't listen to this whackjob Pauly.
    Quote Originally Posted by PAULYPOKER View Post

Guess what Mr.below 50% on your best day.......

worldometers's the site I used..........

Let me teach you basic math...........

I'm gonna use the live numbers so you can hopefully digest the facts..........

What is>

16,697 Deaths
    +
    25,928 Recoveries
    =
    How many
    Outcomes
    ?

42,625 Outcomes

Now its gonna get tricky as it
    might make your PP hurt
    and you might wanna go poopy..
    (Why you're driving a truck and I'm not)

What is>

16,697 Deaths

42,625 Outcomes

=?

=
    Death Rate
    in Decimal form

=

Here comes a magic show
    that'll blow your mind.....

POOF!
    39.2%
    Death Rate

468,997 cases are just cases not outcomes.......
    The number you shouldda thew at me was
    ACTIVE cases which are still not outcomes
    but the number wouldda made you look less stupid....
    ACTIVE cases = 426,262

By definition 426,262 ACTIVE cases are in LIMBO

Do you know what LIMBO means?

Most likely you don't........

lim·bo1

/ˈlimbō/
    Learn to pronounce
    noun

(in some Christian beliefs) the supposed abode of the souls of unbaptized infants, and of the just who died before Christ's coming.

Similarblivion,void,nonexistenceneither heaven nor hell
      an uncertain period of awaiting a decision or resolution; an intermediate state or condition.
      "the fate of the Contras is now in limbo"

Similar:in abeyance,unattended to,unfinished,incomplete,suspended

You should know better BY NOW to come at me half cocked........

homie1975

Quote Originally Posted by TheMetsSuck View Post
    Here’s a thought to consider. I know a ton of ppl who have been or are sick and this is how the system works. In most places it takes days to get the test then days to find out the result. By the time many find out their prognosis and are able to get full treatment at the swamped hospitals it may be too late for them. One of my gfs best friends thinks she has it here in la and is bed with a fever. The earliest corona testing she could get was an appointment this Saturday and she applied two days ago then it’ll take days to find out. What kind of system is this? This virus can easily kill you in that time span if you are say 7 days in with a fever / dry cough etc. There are going to be many bodies found inside ny apts/ homes when this is all said and done. Bodies of those waiting for results and Bodies of those who didn’t want to go the hospital Out of fear of the steep bill. These numbers are very deceiving. Testing is so backed up it’s comical.

Here is direct info from two doctors in CA that I'm tight with.

- public health test = 24 hrs wait time for results
    - admitted patient = 8 to 12 hrs wait
    - outpatient = 3 to 9 days

You are completely correct that people will die at home while waiting for the test.

It is happening in New York as we speak. And if it's in New York then New Jersey too.

Sam Odom
    Sam Odom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

New York State

CV Deaths 0.035%

homie1975

I know some doctors well. I will vet out this video with them and provide a 100% truthful answer
    My northern CA doctor said that she's received guidance that if the symptoms are all consistent with CV then the doc can indicate this as death cause prior to getting test result returned however it is ALWAYS at the doctor's discretion incl flu and pneumonia and other illnesses. Nothing changed all of a sudden. However the symptoms all have to align with CV.

My southern CA doctor buddy said he has never been given this guidance to just write CV.

I believe the REPUBLICAN minnesota doctor is twisting this girl political reasons.

homie1975

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    When does it end? End the lockdown in a few weeks, then what, another wave of this comes in at some point. There's no way to eradicate it without a vaccine...

COVID is one of the most contagious viruses that's ever infected the Earth. If this lockdown wasn't in place, everyone will be straight fukked. I mean, I don't care about myself too much, I think I can take it. I'm strong, I'm a warrior. But still, who knows. Who knows if it'll mutate.

This is a problem for science, not a problem for politicians to solve.

It's a war of a virus vs. the world's best epidemiologists.

Same as smallpox was. Same as Ebola. Same as malaria etc.

We need the medicine or else KO.
    Goater is spot on here.

teecee
    teecee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2885

Why are you comparing this to the flu?

homie1975

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Odom View Post
    New York State

CV Deaths 0.035%
    And growing by 800 a day.

CV deaths by end of april in USA tracking to 61K in 6 weeks

2016-17 "deadly flu" was 80K in 7 mos (oct 2 2016 to may 20 2017 track time)

Sammy you're not this dumb. You're just brainwashed.

God Bless the Mrs. Is she wearing protective gear? Dont minimize it for her please.

homie1975

Quote Originally Posted by teecee View Post
    Why are you comparing this to the flu?
    Because so many REPUBLICANS I know are.

Booya711
    Big Dikk Energy
    Booya711's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16157

A lot of the unemployed are making more now doing nothing than when they were working....of course they don’t want this to end.

homie1975

Quote Originally Posted by Booya711 View Post
    A lot of the unemployed are making more now doing nothing than when they were working....of course they don’t want this to end.
    It's not a high number. Most are suffering financially. I agree that the 2400 up and over the standard unemployment was a bit much, however I'm pretty fortunate personally as I'm working from home and no negative financial impact just yet but it's probably coming.

I wish we could reopen the country today and go back to normal but we cannot. We simply cannot.

COVID 19 is running the show, not us.

teecee
    teecee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2885

I'm getting about 110% of what I was earning, but I'll be glad when it's over. I will take a pay cut for normalcy.

homie1975

Quote Originally Posted by teecee View Post
    I'm getting about 110% of what I was earning, but I'll be glad when it's over. I will take a pay cut for normalcy.
    1000% agree. I want normalcy. I want to feel comfortable going out again and also having sports and just life in general. But intellectually I know this is not possible right now and not for quite a few mos probably mid July or Aug.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

scary stuff

homie1975

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Odom View Post
    New York State

CV Deaths 0.035%
    Does not account for people who could not get tested due to edit time to get the test. This number is growing fast just do a Google search and you'll be astonished.

unde0087
    Did we win?
    unde0087's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 167

your boy Fauci the great just had to change his total by 40k+ because he didn't want to look too stupid. The guy doesn't have a clue just like back when he didn't have a clue about AIDS and HIV. There won't be 60k deaths so just stop pedaling the bull shit. This isn't even close to what these frauds said it was but some just keep on buying the bull shit probably to try and save some face. The kool-aid stand is still doing well I see.
    Points Awarded:

toddsclowns gave unde0087 5 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Booya711
    Big Dikk Energy
    Booya711's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16157

The US needs to do what Sweden’s doing...remember people life has a 100% death rate. Don’t be afraid to die...be afraid to live like you are dead.

People complain about the government but they are fine with being controlled by them....pathetic

homie1975

Quote Originally Posted by unde0087 View Post
    your boy Fauci the great just had to change his total by 40k+ because he didn't want to look too stupid. The guy doesn't have a clue just like back when he didn't have a clue about AIDS and HIV. There won't be 60k deaths so just stop pedaling the bull shit. This isn't even close to what these frauds said it was but some just keep on buying the bull shit probably to try and save some face. The kool-aid stand is still doing well I see.
    It's math. The 100k to 240k figure was simply to scare the shitt out of trump because he wasn't listening.

Sam Odom
    Sam Odom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

Don’t be afraid to die...be afraid to live like you are dead.

unde0087
    Did we win?
    unde0087's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 167

It's math. The 100k to 240k figure was simply to scare the shitt out of trump because he wasn't listening.
    Ya okay, save some kool-aid for me. I will be late to the party.

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2392

The US needs to do what Sweden’s doing...remember people life has a 100% death rate. Don’t be afraid to die...be afraid to live like you are dead.

People complain about the government but they are fine with being controlled by them....pathetic
    I think Sweden is changing their mind. Their deaths compared to neighboring countries created an outcry from the public.

I think the real fear on either side is collapse of institutions and important people AND huge civil unrest and rebellion. If you do too much, there will be civil unrest if you do nothing there would be civil unrest. Its a very delicate balance in the middle that the leaders have to tight rope walk.

If we did nothing.

If we had let it go completely from the beginning, many rural and poor counties that already have much less doctors per capita and have less hospital avialability could see many Hospitals close up. They are already closing.

We could lose way to many doctors and nurses prematurely if we hadn't done social isolation to let our PPE supply chain catch up. If the big cities had a lax attitude about this from the beginning more people would travel in and out and the spread to all regions would increase and there will be no ventilators and other federal stockpiled items to send from areas like detroit, NYC, Chicago ect, because they'll still be using them.

local governments will crash and not be able to pay bills or workers. some hospital workers will get sick, die, some will walk off the job to protect themselves. Prob the same for essential workers and grocery stores.

eventually panic would set in as the numbers would have skyrocketed and irrational survivialism behavior would set in, and we would end up giving up some of our civil liberties as government was forced to intercede.

if we do too much, We either print too much money to prop people up and dig ourselves a hole of inflation that we can't dig out of and/or people start going crazy from lack of freedom and the very real threat of homelessness for peope and families, a fat ass nation faced with millions eating at bare substinence level or less would start to create irrational survivalism behavior and we would end up with civil liberties being infringed upon.

I don't think there are any easy answers.

but, timing is very crucial. If we open up things and the #s spike up in a few weeks, you know we'll see irrational panic and hysteria as well.

we have to remember how many of the countries 330+ million are complete dumbasses and can't be trusted to not do the dumbest things possible when face with even a tiny bit of struggle. I don't trust the spoiled dumbass millenials or Xienials to do the right thing here.

It's pretty complex and over my pay grade

I'd like to see an economical task force set up asap

b1slickguy
    WDKYWMYAK
    b1slickguy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29848

^ of course the confirmation bias Google search to fit your narrative
    See 4:55 to the end of the video.
    This isn't just a MN thing.
    Italy "death toll" numbers are riddled with the same. Only 0.8% died of just COVID-19. 25% had 1 other condition, 25% had 2 conditions and 48% had 3 or more conditions, but they were all classified as deaths from COVID-19.

“It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled.” ― Mark Twain
    Points Awarded:

toddsclowns gave b1slickguy 5 Betpoint(s) for this post.

12 Last