Golden fleece
    Golden fleece's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2655

us economy

theres going to be a lot of people out of work over the next 2 years....

is this all really worth it?? i feel like this could trigger a depression like never seen before....

maybe the good times were on borrowed time anyways but this all seems real extreme to me

am i missing something here? are we going to be better or worse in 24 months from shutdown??

RudyRuetigger
    Leave of absence until March Madness
    RudyRuetigger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 55

depends who gets elected

Mike Huntertz
    Mike Huntertz's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 22616

My opinion is it's worse than we're being told.
    If not why would the world tank all their economies and throw us into a massive extended depression?
    Who would gain by that?
    Points Awarded:

PaperTrail07 gave Mike Huntertz 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Golden fleece

Quote Originally Posted by RudyRuetigger View Post
    depends who gets elected
    i feel like hillary would have had this virus swimming with the fishies already

Roger T. Bannon
    Roger T. Bannon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11760

They are going to give away about 4 trillion dollars so that makes a difference. Would it be better to just let it run wild? Probably not. You were probably going to pay a higher price.

Stuff happens. If they do it right, it will not be so bad. If it is a big giveaway, it will be bad.

JohnGalt2341
    46 and 2 are just ahead of me
    JohnGalt2341's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3703

Odds from Bovada:

Will There Be A Recession In Trump's 1st Term?

6/1/2010:50 PM
    Winner

• Yes
    • No
      +475

The U.S. economy must experience two consecutive quarters with negative annual growth rate in real GDP (rounded to first decimal)

Golden fleece

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Huntertz View Post
    My opinion is it's worse than we're being told.
    If not why would the world tank all their economies and throw us into a massive extended depression?
    Who would gain by that?
    thats kinda where im coming from....

the average mom and pop shop is going to need a miracle to get through this. shits not adding up

i thought i saw somewhere china only had 4k deaths.... thats not that bad for a population of 1.4 billion. like i said, seems extreme to jeopardize everyones financial future
    Points Awarded:

PaperTrail07 gave Golden fleece 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

pologq
    When you are SBR you are SBR 4 Life
    pologq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5971

i imagine once the virus is is controlled, whatever that means, the nation will band together like after 9/11 and things will improve. as for the length of time, your guess is as good as mine.

pilebuck13
    pilebuck13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1717

Quote Originally Posted by Golden fleece View Post
    i feel like hillary would have had this virus swimming with the fishies already
    gtfo no politicians where ready when trump shut travel w China they were all criticizing him

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11901

Is being tested now... Will rebound when Corona is over..

pilebuck13
    pilebuck13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1717

Whatever you do don’t be dumb and think right now is a time to load up on stocks the growth we were seeing was overvalued shit leveled out now it will get far worse wait for job unemployment numbers ect

Roger T. Bannon

thats kinda where im coming from....

the average mom and pop shop is going to need a miracle to get through this. shits not adding up

i thought i saw somewhere china only had 4k deaths.... thats not that bad for a population of 1.4 billion. like i said, seems extreme to jeopardize everyones financial future
    LOL. They shut down the whole country and built hospitals in like 1 day. Check out what is happening in Italy.

You would definitely have more deaths than 911 and think how bad that freaked you out.

Golden fleece

Quote Originally Posted by Roger T. Bannon View Post
    LOL. They shut down the whole country and built hospitals in like 1 day. Check out what is happening in Italy.

You would definitely have more deaths than 911 and think how bad that freaked you out.
    ive heard they had help with hydroxychloroquine

jizay
    Update your status
    jizay's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1557

is this all really worth it?? i feel like this could trigger a depression like never seen before....

maybe the good times were on borrowed time anyways but this all seems real extreme to me

am i missing something here? are we going to be better or worse in 24 months from shutdown??
    I don't think people are taking your question seriously enough. Yes, people will die from covid. Yes, we don't understand what it is entirely and how bad it might go. But we also have no idea what happens when you completely shut everything down. We've never done anything like it, not even during a war. We don't know what effects it might have and whether it might make things worse.

Also seems like all state and local governments are playing follow-the-leader. Nobody's gonna keep things open when others are shutting down. Shutting down might make sense in NYC, where there is tremendous population density and the disease will infect a lot of people quickly. But outside of big cities, or sparsely populated states? They can't get the same benefit from locking down, but will suffer just as badly.

krk1030
    krk1030's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4884

Most of us will be worse off.

The only ones better off will the people that would have died.

Roger T. Bannon

Quote Originally Posted by jizay View Post
    I don't think people are taking your question seriously enough. Yes, people will die from covid. Yes, we don't understand what it is entirely and how bad it might go. But we also have no idea what happens when you completely shut everything down. We've never done anything like it, not even during a war. We don't know what effects it might have and whether it might make things worse.

Also seems like all state and local governments are playing follow-the-leader. Nobody's gonna keep things open when others are shutting down. Shutting down might make sense in NYC, where there is tremendous population density and the disease will infect a lot of people quickly. But outside of big cities, or sparsely populated states? They can't get the same benefit from locking down, but will suffer just as badly.
    You are not taking Covid seriously enough. This is not the flu. It was going to spread like crazy. It has already killed twice as many people in Italy than 911 killed here and they are just getting started.

Consider the complete freakout Americans would have if this was just allowed to spread. You were shutting down one way or another. They don't call them pandemics for nothing.

What is the response here compared to 911? This will be over in 6 months. 911 is still ongoing and shows no signs of ending.
    Points Awarded:

Mac4Lyfe gave Roger T. Bannon 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Golden fleece

Quote Originally Posted by jizay View Post

im glad you can see my question at face value

i work for a company thats been in business 130 years and i dont see us making beyond the end of the year now. we weren't in great shape as is

i dont mean to sound insensitive to elderly folks but if i was 80 i wouldn't be disappointed in dying if i knew it would help strengthen instead of deplete people in their 20s and 30s for years to come

thats jus me tho

keely85
    Update your status
    keely85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 104

No chance China only has 4K deaths. It’s not a coincidence that Russia China And the US are the ones people are demanding accurate numbers from lmao

The best buddies club.

Roger T. Bannon

im glad you can see my question at face value

i work for a company thats been in business 130 years and i dont see us making beyond the end of the year now. we weren't in great shape as is

i dont mean to sound insensitive to elderly folks but if i was 80 i wouldn't be disappointed in dying if i knew it would strengthen instead of deplete people in their 20s and 30s for years to come
    Nobody is going to die to save you. Forget it.

Mike Huntertz
    Mike Huntertz's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 22616

Agree.
    Quote Originally Posted by krk1030 View Post
    Most of us will be worse off.

The only ones better off will the people that would have died.

keely85
    Update your status
    keely85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 104

Lol ok Rand :P

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Mom and pop stores failing not an issue
    Have to worry about the bigger companies that’s what makes the world go

Roger T. Bannon

Look Trump tried to avoid it. The stock market started tanking. He could not hold out anymore. They were taking out his market and it was going to keep freefalling. There was no way out.

Golden fleece

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Mom and pop stores failing not an issue
    Have to worry about the bigger companies that’s what makes the world go
    i was using mom and pop example as immediate impact

they are the first domino

the cut is going to get deep. anyone with any kind of logic can see this right now

Roger T. Bannon

i was using mom and pop example as immediate impact

they are the first domino

the cut is going to get deep. anyone with any kind of logic can see this right now
    It's the real world. This will not be the last pandemic. There may not be another in your lifetime but there will be another. If you do not deal with them, a good portion of the world dies.

Golden fleece

great men and women of the military do it and risk it every single day

Golden fleece

It's the real world. This will not be the last pandemic. There may not be another in your lifetime but there will be another. If you do not deal with them, a good portion of the world dies.
    i agree "its the real world"

how is tom hanks, gober and durant fairing right now? lets get on with it!

5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29090

Nobody knows

Def nobody here anyways

Roger T. Bannon

great men and women of the military do it and risk it every single day
    Nobody is dying of a pandemic voluntarily in this country. It is not happening.

The stock market is down 30% and was starting to fall 10% per day. It was going to fall 10% every day. The economic part was baked in. This was going to be a disaster one way or another. Trump finally gave up.

Golden fleece

Nobody is dying of a pandemic voluntarily in this country. It is not happening.

The stock market is down 30% and was starting to fall 10% per day. It was going to fall 10% every day. The economic part was baked in. This was going to be a disaster one way or another. Trump finally gave up.
    ok lets ruin the next 24 months for average joe then. im in

Black Coffee
    Black Coffee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2360

seems like from a health standpoint, more lives will be saved in the long term....

but the economy will more than likely struggle for years to recover.. It'll be hard to get ppl to spend money when they don't have jobs or businesses any longer and have used up their savings... could be a rough road ahead..

Roger T. Bannon

ok lets ruin the next 24 months for average joe then. im in
    There is going to be huge bailouts. If there isn't, there will be a revolution.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11901

Lot's of gloom and doom on this thread.. What's wrong with you people? Keep it positive!!! Corona is a bad flu we'll get over this!!

Golden fleece

There is going to be huge bailouts. If there isn't, there will be a revolution.
    did you see what happened to Germany when they printed endless money??

they couldn't buy a loaf of bread with a room full of stacks

band aids dont work. need to be intrinsic

Golden fleece

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    Lot's of gloom and doom on this thread.. What's wrong with you people? Keep it positive!!! Corona is a bad flu we'll get over this!!

my company will not

been in business for 130 years

piss will look good to everyone who didn't get in on bitcoin in 2023

1234 Last