Eddy Munny
    Eddy Munny's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24950

College Football Weak Line Alert for 10/5/2019

Texas Longhorns are only -10 this week @ West Virginia? Um, why?

I get that they have the Sooners on deck and it's potentially a look-ahead spot but laying 10 isn't asking a whole lot for a team with superior talent and coming off of a bye.

Now the Horns are banged up in the secondary and will be missing a couple of starters, but again, only 10 points seems to more than compensate for that fact... Furthermore, it's not like WVU still has Will Grier back in the pocket throwing for 400 yards a game anymore, this Mountaineer offense is pedestrian at best.

This line is almost certain to move higher as the week progresses so jump on this joke now!

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6337

agree as far as talent but its still the road and the road before sooners as u say and covering 10 that prob will be bet down. many thought theyd cover those 2 years against maryland and they couldnt even win either time let alone cover. they prob havent covered a game before playing ou in quite some time

Eddy Munny

Quote Originally Posted by jtoler View Post
    agree as far as talent but its still the road and the road before sooners as u say and covering 10 that prob will be bet down. many thought theyd cover those 2 years against maryland and they couldnt even win either time let alone cover. they prob havent covered a game before playing ou in quite some time
    It's before Oklahoma and that isn't the best spot, but West Virginia did beat Texas last year so they at least have the Longhorns' attention for that fact alone. Also, I think WVU is a bad football team. There's only so much ground a bad football team can make up due to "a good spot." This game has the potential to be close for a half at most, and then Bevo is bound to pull away and never look back, barring something crazy like 5 turnovers or something like that.

Of Texas' opponents, WVU is more comparable to Louisiana Tech and Rice than LSU or Okie State... and Texas thoroughly drubbed those former two. Not saying it's impossible for the Mountaineers to play their best game of the year and pull a rabbit out of their hat, but I'll gladly place a wager on the Horns and make WVU play a perfect game to steal my money... Horns may very well have a 10 point lead after the first quarter.

shocka1212
    [Too Long]
    shocka1212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3355

thanks eddy... it is an odd line. should be atleast -14, no?

Eddy Munny

Quote Originally Posted by shocka1212 View Post
    thanks eddy
    Yep, I think this line is bound to go up... Jtoler says it'll probably be bet down but I just don't see it.

This is gonna be a big public play (don't care) and -10 is the best value we'll see in all likelihood.

Da Manster!
    Da Manster!'s Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2798

good call Eddy!...line is now at Texas (-11.5)

Eddy Munny

Quote Originally Posted by shocka1212 View Post
    thanks eddy... it is an odd line. should be atleast -14, no?
    One would think so... 14-17 range is about what I expected and even if that was the number I'd lean Longhorns. Texas may be suspect on defense, but they've faced two stellar offenses in LSU and Okie St, and WVU is definitely not in that class. Probably the only thing keeping the line down is WVU's "big win" over N.C. State but I'm not convinced that equates to hanging with Texas for four quarters. Mountaineers imo are the 2nd worst team in the conference after Kansas. They're a long ways away from competing with the big dogs.

Quote Originally Posted by Da Manster! View Post
    good call Eddy!...line is now at Texas (-11.5)
    Thanks, I wouldn't be surprised to see it continue climbing.

Eddy Munny

Well not an easy win by any means but it's money in the pocket. Getting the right # paid dividends in this case!

thomorino
    thomorino's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Eddy Munny View Post
    Well not an easy win by any means but it's money in the pocket. Getting the right # paid dividends in this case!
    Texas's secondary is trash every year, they'll never be contenders until they replace th defensive coordinators.

hawkeye 16
    Update your status
    hawkeye 16's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10404

Good early call.

Eddy Munny

Quote Originally Posted by thomorino View Post
    Texas's secondary is trash every year, they'll never be contenders until they replace th defensive coordinators.
    Maybe so, but their secondary was especially vulnerable today due to injuries. Fortunately, they were able to pick off Kendall a few times to rob WVU of additional scoring opportunities.