hehfest
    Tom, What do I do now?
    hehfest's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4190

Why the A's Don't Win in the Playoffs

The A's are playoff chokers. First of all as a A's fan all my life.....my first major question is why Manaea? This isn't hindsight either. I said before the game. Why don't you start your best pitcher? I don't care how much he's proven or unproven. Who has the best stuff on the team and can go starter innings or at least 4 innings? Lazardo. Without a doubt. If I'm managing that team, I start him without a doubt. He's the best pitcher they have and I know he's a rookie.

Further, I said why is Davis in the lineup? He hasn't hit righties all year. He's dreadful. He's .121 against Morton. Seth Brown is on the bench. Then, for them to leave Davis in to hit the rest of the game against very good righty relievers? Ridiculous. I had to turn it off. They made horrible lineup decisions and Lazardo should've started. This is why the A's never win a playoff game. They can't make obvious decisions to anyone with baseball knowledge. Did their sabermetrics tell them to start Davis against Morton with Brown on the bench? Common. Who's decisions are these Melvin's? Higher ups? I can't answer that. I really figured and always have thought highly of Melvin. It surprised me he went with that lineup. I can somewhat understand Manaea even thought I would've at least started Fiers over him in a big game like that if not of course Lazardo.

It's a one or done. You have to put your best first. I would've went Lazardo, Hendriks, Puk, Diekman to start the game. I don't know what the haaack is going on in Oakland. I'm a fan for life, but they need to shake things up somehow. This can't be anymore disappointing. I tip my hat to the Rays they are just as good as Oakland if not better of course. Billy Beane has a good baseball mind. I can't see why he didn't think Fiers or Lazardo either. Regardless, the bats choked anyway. It's as if they start Davis against righties thinking it's last year still or something. I don't get it.
    Last edited by hehfest; 10-02-19 at 11:37 PM.

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6337

bet rays 1st 5 cuz I was thinking this was prob manaea's 1st postseason experience and because rays had a high strikeout pitcher on the mound against a team with tons of players that strike out a lot

Thrilla
    Goater a Legend
    Thrilla's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 17711

Shute
    Shute's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10910

Too long to digest this post
    Charlie Morton was the play

thomorino
    thomorino's Avatar Become A Pro!

The playoffs are about big game pitchers and the bullpen.

cincinnatikid513
    contra spem spero
    cincinnatikid513's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 100

one day