BigBallzz69
    BigBallzz69's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3506

White Sox/Jays cancelled?!??

penetrating joke. 2 hour rain delay max and they cancel it. Every time it goes the other way they wait 5 hours and resume play.

Is there an official rule regarding time of rain delay to game being called after 5? If this rule is subjective it is complete bullshit.

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Quote Originally Posted by BigBallzz69 View Post
    penetrating joke. 2 hour rain delay max and they cancel it. Every time it goes the other way they wait 5 hours and resume play.

Is there an official rule regarding time of rain delay to game being called after 5? If this rule is subjective it is complete bullshit.
    No official rule, in fact I think up to home team before game starts then mlb once in progress. Larussa used to start them and have a bullpen guy start gm then there be a delay and then the starter come in! Lol.

It’s so rare I see them called after 5+ I really can’t say. I know when playing division games or the schedule sets up easier to play a double header down the road they tend to be quicker calling them while if a later make up is problematic logistically they tend to sit around a lot longer it seems. In game I have no idea what or if they have any kinda guidelines or a general rule of thumb.

Assuming you musta been on the jays huh? Best thing to do is check weather and try your best to stay away from games that look to have potential weather problems. I hate being involved in games that have lengthy delays let alone chance of not getting the full 9 innings I capped. Consider it a learning lesson and move on.

BigBallzz69
    BigBallzz69's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3506

White Sox run line and white Sox TT o4.5.

Obviously this stuff happens. My overall point is why is there no official rule for rain delay lengths etc.

The official ruling was “unsafe playing surface” but could that not be said for every rain delay?

If this 2 teams in the playoff hunt there is no chance they cancel it.

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Toward end of year I tend to think you may be right.

Well yea they gotta cancel rl and totals. Better to get a rl push than having been on jays and lost when you should have had 4 innings to come back against im guessing a suspect pen?

LT said FF was also cancelled but I really don’t understand why that would be so? 5 has to be complete before game can be official so that makes no sense.