Kermit
    My Finger Smells Like Pork
    Kermit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2611

So this 5' 6" 160 pound woman wants to play in the NFL?

I guess she in in this Toyota commercial that is going to run during the Superbowl.

Hman
    Hman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1222

Can we let this happen just once and for all to see the result?

I've played with and against females in basketball, and trust me it's a no-win situation.

If you take it easy on them and they do something that stands out, you get ragged.

If you play them tough, you get ragged.

grease lightnin
    &
    grease lightnin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3185

Gonna need a lot of steroids

RangeFinder
    RangeFinder's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2697

I say let her. If she get's crushed, she was warned. They're not going to pull back because she is female. All they see is a football uniform.

clockwise1965
    clockwise1965's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18366

I would love to play in the NFL as well. No shot!

19th Hole
    19th Hole's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10323

Gotta work on those pecs.

DiggityDaggityDo
    DiggityDaggityDo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 30698

She’s to small, slow and weak.

Just like the Toyota.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 2 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: daneblazer, and TheMoneyShot

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2380

Remember when there was the big push for that monster Britney Griner to be able to play NBA?

she was/is a freak of nature that biologically and hormonally pretty much a guy, with the deep voice and male appearance

turns out she wasn't even that great against professional Women that she towered over.

and this girl, isn't even that physically gifted?

common

Could Brittney Griner play in NBA?

Cooper Neill/Getty Images
    Apr 4, 2013
    • ESPN.com

Mark Cuban says he would consider giving Brittney Griner a shot in the NBA. Geno Auriemma, among others, doesn't think it's realistic. Here's what our panel thinks about Griner's chances and the idea of a woman playing NBA ball.
    1. Should the Mavs give Brittney Griner a look in summer league?

Kevin Arnovitz, ESPN.com: Sure. The Lakers gave Nancy Lieberman a shot at summer league in 1981 and she held her own for assistant Pat Riley, who was coaching the Lakers' summer-league team. Summer league has always been about aspiration, and Griner's presence should be welcomed.

ADVERTISEMENT

Kate Fagan, espnW: If I truly believed a female player possessed the athleticism and skills to compete for an NBA roster spot, I would want every door opened for her. But I don't believe any current female player -- and there are a number of awesome ones -- can play in the NBA. I can't help but feel that this would be a marketing ploy, and one that would compromise Griner's rookie season in the WNBA, should she choose to pursue this opportunity.
    Carla Peay, special to ESPN.com: It depends on what the Mavs want to accomplish in summer league. If they're using the games to look at prospects for the upcoming season and get their rookies and second-year players in shape, then the answer is no. If they're looking to generate publicity, fan interest and media attention, then by all means invite her to play.
    Marc Stein, ESPN.com: A tryout for the summer-league squad? Absolutely. Why not? Burning a draft pick on her, even if it were No. 60, is another matter. Ditto for simply handing her a spot on the summer-league team, which the Mavs have already said they wouldn't do. But to not let her come in and audition, individually or in a full-fledged practice setting, is needlessly small-minded if she wants to give it a whirl. If any college player in the women's game has earned the right, it's Griner. (Or the one and only Elena Delle Donne!)
    Ethan Sherwood Strauss, HoopSpeak: Not really, and I say it as a Brittney Griner fan. She is listed at 6-8 in shoes, 207 pounds, and plays center. She's great, but much of her production stems from a physical advantage over opponents. It's just hard to see why this wouldn't be a waste of everybody's time.

2. How seriously do you take Mark Cuban's interest in Griner?

Arnovitz: Cuban values innovation and the entrepreneur's pursuit of possibility. I don't imagine he'd sign Griner to a guaranteed contract if he felt that would compromise the Mavericks' chances at success, but he's a man who enjoys stretching the boundaries of tradition.
    Fagan: I don't believe he would use a draft pick on Griner, but I do believe he would sign her to the Mavs' summer-league team. And why shouldn't he? Signing Griner would create publicity for his team, without any risk. The burden of performing well, and the embarrassment if she did not, would fall solely on Griner.
    Peay: I don't take it too seriously. Cuban is a well-known publicity hound and all the talk about Griner playing in the NBA makes for an interesting discussion. Cuban looks like he's being forward-thinking and progressive, willing to give Griner a shot, but in reality he just enjoys generating more publicity for him and his struggling, lottery-bound team.
    Stein: We're talking about Mark Cuban here. Which is to say that, yes, he's one zillion percent interested in seeing if there's any merit to the idea … especially when so many outsiders are telling him how dumb it sounds. It's also worth noting that Baylor's campus is about two hours from Dallas. The Mavs are on the brink of missing the playoffs for the first time in 13 seasons. So the notion that Brittney Griner could help the Mavs, no matter how far removed from reality that statement actually is, had been playfully raised in North Texas long before Cuban's comments on the subject this week. So I don't doubt for a second when he said that he's already pondered it.
    Strauss: The guy from "Shark Tank"? How could I ever question his motives? I'm sure his interest is purely pragmatic, as Mark Cuban has never been one to seek publicity before. Either way, it's odd that he expressed less interest in keeping Tyson Chandler.

19th Hole
    19th Hole's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10323

Gotta get thru this first...

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11901

Laughable. Just no!!

I'd love to see her try to play in college, she'd get smoked on the field and raped in the locker room.. NFL lol..

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    Laughable. Just no!!

I'd love to see her try to play in college, she'd get smoked on the field and raped in the locker room.. NFL lol..
    I think she is already playing small college and got a scholarship offer for a bit bigger school next year

5918mike
    5918mike's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3038

Quote Originally Posted by Hman View Post
    Can we let this happen just once and for all to see the result?

I've played with and against females in basketball, and trust me it's a no-win situation.

If you take it easy on them and they do something that stands out, you get ragged.

If you play them tough, you get ragged.
    So true, I used to play at Fort Lewis fieldhouse with Kate Starbird before she went to Stanford. She was good, and held her own against the men but it was a no win getting matched up against her.

shocka1212
    [Too Long]
    shocka1212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3355

yea, lets see her shoot the A gap with Saquon Barkley taking the handoff on the other side...

matter of fact, id pay to see it.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR

Quote Originally Posted by shocka1212 View Post
    yea, lets see her shoot the A gap with Saquon Barkley taking the handoff on the other side...

matter of fact, id pay to see it.

well she is not a defensive lineman, why would she do that?

shocka1212
    [Too Long]
    shocka1212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3355

Quote Originally Posted by Chi_archie View Post
    well she is not a defensive lineman, why would she do that?
    gotta be able to catch a good lick to play football, no matter what position you play

VeggieDog
    VeggieDog's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 20493

Look at the bright side. Half time bj's.
    Points Awarded:

DiggityDaggityDo gave VeggieDog 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

I wish society would stop this women in a men's sport sh#$.

GUMMO77
    Many bags of soup. Many.
    GUMMO77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1726

Frog, you complain about everything

Brutus84
    Brutus84's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 402

Just watched her highlights on YouTube. My left nut can make as many plays

newton0038
    Update your status
    newton0038's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1947

Would there be an angle for bettors when some of the "players" be riding the cotton pony? Monkey in the hammock = to 3 points??

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post
    I wish society would stop this women in a men's sport sh#$.
    Agreed, ok in the business world but not in sports.. Come on man!!

I even have a hard time accepting women in law enforcement or the military.. They will get over powered by strong men in physical situations. Can knock out a female police officer in a split second and take their fire arms..

It's like really????

Auto Donk
    Diggity man the fort, I'm outta here!
    Auto Donk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

if the ho can twerk, let her play, let her play, let her play

BeatTheJerk
    BeatTheJerk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 84

80% mental & 20% physical ???? Get the fukk out of here with that flawed % logic. She’ll play D-3 whipty fuking do & then she’ll become a Registered Nurse, nice try though cute girl.

Auto Donk
    Diggity man the fort, I'm outta here!
    Auto Donk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

plus, they'd have to add a penalty for grabbin' the bitch and skull-fukkin' her on your way down the side line, as opposed to a traditional, within the rules stiff-arm......

kidcudi92
    W and Based Poster
    kidcudi92's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1679

She would die

Let her play

Jayvegas420
    Vegas Baby!
    Jayvegas420's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14745

There's a hot chick named Becca Longo who has a slight chance.
    Slight.

cankid
    cankid's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10376

Still appears quite small, so a sick overall program for years would be needed and the fortunate state of staying away from injury would have to be on her side for a slim chance for a team to give her a look, most people like an underdog story

pretentiousGuy
    pretentiousGuy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1573

What happened to Lucia Rijker when she tried to compete with a man?

RavensFan2k3
    Handicappin' like I'm Trappin'
    RavensFan2k3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18710

Quote Originally Posted by DiggityDaggityDo View Post
    She’s to small, slow and weak.

Just like the Toyota.
    Lmfaooo

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Only way a chick could play in the NFL is by being the FG kicker. That's the only position I could see a chick making it on the field in the NFL.. She better have a hell of a leg..

Mike Huntertz
    Mike Huntertz's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 22616

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    Only way a chick could play in the NFL is by being the FG kicker. That's the only position I could see a chick making it on the field in the NFL.. She better have a hell of a leg..
    No woman has a leg to make it. How many women in pro men's soccer???????? Nada.

Foxx
    Foxx's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11866

5'6" DB in the NFL. Yeah, ok. It would be a crazy dream if she was a man.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Huntertz View Post
    No woman has a leg to make it. How many women in pro men's soccer???????? Nada.
    Good point

scot4
    scot4's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2928

representing a rav 4. about right even ladies know that is a ladies vehicle.

12 Last