KiDBaZkiT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1291

Quote Originally Posted by sourtwist View Post
    Nope

Don't agree with this

Some people are so sick, they are subconsciously playing to lose

If they win, they usually play until they lose

Dopamine rush either way
    Then you are proving my point. If they are just doing it for a rush there are much better ways to get one. Muuuuch better

blittydeuce
    blittydeuce's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1758

booya

sourtwist
    not a non pro
    sourtwist's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 548

Quote Originally Posted by KiDBaZkiT View Post
    Then you are proving my point. If they are just doing it for a rush there are much better ways to get one. Muuuuch better
    Yes, you can do drugs too...but you're completely missing my point

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

Quote Originally Posted by KiDBaZkiT View Post
    You only get a rush when you win. Plus the lows are TREMENDOUSLY low from a mental standpoint. Prob the worst of all the addictions aside from sex. If u got dough there are so many other ways to get a rush.
    I got damn near every addiction there is. I’ll take gambling over all of em. Not the best high, but the lows are tolerable.

mrpapageorgio
    mrpapageorgio's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3869

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    I never got a dime out of my parents growing up either but mainly because they didn't have much to give.

Got a friend today that's a 4th grade school teacher, 2 kids.. His parents are worth literally 40 million dollars and don't give him a cent.. He's completely self made and making it work.. His wife was a school teacher also and that's how they met.. They save and are tight with their money but still live in an apartment.

I don't agree with that and my friend holds resentment towards his father.. He tells me my dad is cheap as hell and when he offers stuff I say no because he then holds that as leverage..

Family feuds are tricky and family dynamics are also for most.. That's all I take out of that situation.. I'm cool with his dad too but he is a cheap bastard.. Owns several buildings in Beverly Hills and literally brings in 30 grand a month.. Gives nothing to his kids.. I don't get it when the kids are grown and productive?
    I know one person who drafted their will not too long ago (I was a witness) who left very little to the adult kids, but the lion's share to the grandchildren (in trust). I could see him going off on this guy you mention now if he's worth 8 figures and is content with not even helping to make sure the grand kids are not living in an apartment.

shocka1212
    [Too Long]
    shocka1212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3355

Quote Originally Posted by gauchojake View Post
    Parents are broke dikks. I have to pay for my inlaws fukkin meals every time we go out with them. It's embarrassing.
    it really is.. you should see the shit I'm dealing with right now.... they straight up asked me for a 5 figure number loan last week. the type to borrow and then go on vacation the week after.. people make me sick

QuantumLeap
    Let's go, Brandon!
    QuantumLeap's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8218

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    I never got a dime out of my parents growing up either but mainly because they didn't have much to give.

Got a friend today that's a 4th grade school teacher, 2 kids.. His parents are worth literally 40 million dollars and don't give him a cent.. He's completely self made and making it work.. His wife was a school teacher also and that's how they met.. They save and are tight with their money but still live in an apartment.

I don't agree with that and my friend holds resentment towards his father.. He tells me my dad is cheap as hell and when he offers stuff I say no because he then holds that as leverage..

Family feuds are tricky and family dynamics are also for most.. That's all I take out of that situation.. I'm cool with his dad too but he is a cheap bastard.. Owns several buildings in Beverly Hills and literally brings in 30 grand a month.. Gives nothing to his kids.. I don't get it when the kids are grown and productive?
    I used to work with a guy whose family was influential in a famous university in California (think Pasadena). His family was connected so well he actually was the best man at a B-list Hollywood celebrity's wedding.

He refused to follow in his father's footsteps with all the money in order to make it on his own. He's a computer nerd and is happy that he is a self-made man rather than a trust fund kid.

I don't know if I could have made that same decision. He's the kind of guy who speaks his own mind. Something tells me he told off the old man and never looked back.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11874

Quote Originally Posted by shocka1212 View Post
    it really is.. you should see the shit I'm dealing with right now.... they straight up asked me for a 5 figure number loan last week. the type to borrow and then go on vacation the week after.. people make me sick
    The people with the most money in any family usually become a target for lending and or hand outs.. That's nothing new and it happens all the time..

Just gotta say no. Can say "I'm building and saving for a better future, I have dreams and I don't lend out money, I'm really sorry I can't help you out with this loan right now". Feelings can get hurt but they'll get over it especially if you continue to pick up the bills at dinner gatherings.

First 12