RangeFinder
    RangeFinder's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2697

Do the Red Sox close it out or does Houston extend the series?

Verlander a big gamer, Bostons' Price has not performed in the post season, and Kimbrel may need a rest.

Houston is overvalued on the moneyline but the run line looks to be fair value. So...

Houston -1.5 +110 RL

God help us if Cora scratches Price before the game. Then I will not like this play much.

Good luck if you follow along.

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Hopefully Stros don’t get cheated so grossly again tonight.

johnnyvegas13
    johnnyvegas13's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 191

Ya I think that's the way boston is playing it trotting out a bum price vs the untouchable JV

RangeFinder

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    Hopefully Stros don’t get cheated so grossly again tonight.
    That was pretty bad. That fan interference was one of the most horrible calls I've seen in a post season.

Snowball
    Snowball's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3780

Quote Originally Posted by RangeFinder View Post
    That was pretty bad. That fan interference was one of the most horrible calls I've seen in a post season.
    I disagree on that but I expect the Astros to win tonight, perhaps in a rout.

2daBank

Just brutal, guy wasn’t close to reaching over the wall which from my understanding is the only time it supposed to be called!! In reality betts interfered w the fan!!

Wasn’t just that call either, I believe the 3rd (maybe 4th) inning when that kid w nasty stuff had Jackie bradly jr down 0-2 he got swinging strike 3 and clown ass ump called it a foul tip. Next thing ya know guy draws a walk which easy to do when you allotted 4 damn strikes!!! I don’t think it ended up mattering that inning but it did force the pitcher into throwing a bunch more pitches which ultimately effected him.

Overall was one of worst officiated baseball games I can recall. Really a shame too cause it was a fantastic game by the players on both sides.

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by Snowball View Post
    I disagree on that but I expect the Astros to win tonight, perhaps in a rout.
    You not being unbiased then. 100 camera angles and not one shows the fan being over the wall.

RangeFinder

Just brutal, guy wasn’t close to reaching over the wall which from my understanding is the only time it supposed to be called!! In reality betts interfered w the fan!!

Wasn’t just that call either, I believe the 3rd (maybe 4th) inning when that kid w nasty stuff had Jackie bradly jr down 0-2 he got swinging strike 3 and clown ass ump called it a foul tip. Next thing ya know guy draws a walk which easy to do when you allotted 4 damn strikes!!! I don’t think it ended up mattering that inning but it did force the pitcher into throwing a bunch more pitches which ultimately effected him.

Overall was one of worst officiated baseball games I can recall. Really a shame too cause it was a fantastic game by the players on both sides.
    I don't know how the ump could've called that a foul tip when A. He couldn't see the ball being tipped or B. He couldn't have possible heard the sound of a ball hitting the bat. Never got how he came up with a tipped ball.

cyclingbettor
    cyclingbettor's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7872

Houston -1.5 +110 RL
    I was thinking the same thing, although I was mainly leaning run line since I don't like juice, lol.

God help us if Cora scratches Price before the game. Then I will not like this play much.
    Lol.

2daBank

I don't know how the ump could've called that a foul tip when A. He couldn't see the ball being tipped or B. He couldn't have possible heard the sound of a ball hitting the bat. Never got how he came up with a tipped ball.
    Practically impossible to see or hear it considering his bat wasn’t freaking close to the damn ball!! Lol

UncleChael
    Tell 'em UncleChael sent ya
    UncleChael's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1125

God bless you all.

Snowball

You not being unbiased then. 100 camera angles and not one shows the fan being over the wall.
    I never said the fan reached over the wall.. that's not necessary for it to be interference.
    Betts was interfered with trying to make a legal catch.

"A fielder is allowed to reach over the wall to attempt to catch the ball as long as his feet are on or over the field during the attempt, and if the fielder successfully catches the ball while it is in flight the batter is out, even if the ball had already passed the vertical plane of the wall."

illyTheKid
    illyTheKid's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 602

I know what the rule is...But Mookie was going to make that play. Sucks for the Astros, but also sucks for Mookie as he was about to make an unbelievable play.

Honestly, they shouldnt be designing stadiums for that to even be a possibility. Greedy asses needed 1 more row of seats though.

Darkside Magick
    Black Box Algorithm
    Darkside Magick's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1258

Umpire Joe west finished off astros!

Boston Red Sox +174 vs Houston Astros

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by illyTheKid View Post
    I know what the rule is...But Mookie was going to make that play. Sucks for the Astros, but also sucks for Mookie as he was about to make an unbelievable play.

Honestly, they shouldnt be designing stadiums for that to even be a possibility. Greedy asses needed 1 more row of seats though.
    Agree w that, def should have few feet of grass or something before 1st row of seats.

It would have been a amazing catch, betts is great so not gonna say he wouldn’t have made it but bottom line is it incredibly wrong for them to simply assume he would have and call it a out!

LLXC
    LLXC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10451

I'm going with the Astros team total over. Hope they score early and often.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Fox wants the series to extend. They make more money with advertising.

44 Mag
    44 Mag's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13194

So, we assume you had Houston ???

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by 44 Mag View Post
    So, we assume you had Houston ???
    More on ff and over than full game so didn’t hurt me much from a betting standpoint. What you can assume is I love and understand baseball and that was incredibly bad call. Forget the bs fan interference, you telling me bradly jr foul tipped that strike 3?

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by LLXC View Post
    I'm going with the Astros team total over. Hope they score early and often.
    I been on every over this series, like Stros TT but perfectly happy taking game over 8.

cyclingbettor
    cyclingbettor's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7872

I was under the impression that a fan had to reach onto the field of play in order for there to be interference.

From the MLB rules:
    "No interference shall be allowed when a fielder reaches over a fence, railing, rope or into a stand to catch a ball. He does so at his own risk."

I haven't looked at yesterday's play closely enough to know what did or didn't happen, but I'm curious as to what the rule is supposed to be?

44 Mag
    44 Mag's Avatar SBR PRO

More on ff and over than full game so didn’t hurt me much from a betting standpoint. What you can assume is I love and understand baseball and that was incredibly bad call. Forget the bs fan interference, you telling me bradly jr foul tipped that strike 3?
    Didn't watch 1 minute of it, was sleeping. I saw the highlights this morning. Benitendi made a great catch to save the game, didn't see much else, besides the fan interference call.
    Relax, the Astro's should win tonight, Sox used 6 pitchers and had Price up more than once.

44 Mag
    44 Mag's Avatar SBR PRO

I also had Boston 1st 5 +170 at -1/2, and the Astro's hosed me in bottom of 5th.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11913

Price can't be trusted.. Over is a lock that's all I know....

RangeFinder

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    Price can't be trusted.. Over is a lock that's all I know....
    Did you just use the "L" word?

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Houston looks very very easy tonight and they have their best pitcher going

44 Mag
    44 Mag's Avatar SBR PRO

Houston wins this one Huge !!!!!.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11913

Did you just use the "L" word?
    Nothing is ever a lock in sports gambling but the OVER's have hit in every game in this series.. Totals are increasing actually with every game... It's a trend that is trending ...

8 runs is nothing for these teams... I'm just here to help..

44 Mag
    44 Mag's Avatar SBR PRO

So are you assuming the rest of us don't ???

DOM-Ganador
    DOM-Ganador's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5742

50/50. pick em on the c@ll. TON of thing$ went on in th@t g@me @fter the Reviewed c@ll, no?

I lo$t 1 unit, but @m h@ppy 4 my $ox. B@ck on Hou 2 nite.

Snowball

Quote Originally Posted by cyclingbettor View Post
    I was under the impression that a fan had to reach onto the field of play in order for there to be interference.

From the MLB rules:
    "No interference shall be allowed when a fielder reaches over a fence, railing, rope or into a stand to catch a ball. He does so at his own risk."

I haven't looked at yesterday's play closely enough to know what did or didn't happen, but I'm curious as to what the rule is supposed to be?
    Read Rule comment here from the official book.
    It was the right call. OUT.
    https://thespun.com/news/mlbs-offici...ts-jose-altuve

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by Snowball View Post
    Read Rule comment here from the official book.
    It was the right call. OUT.
    https://thespun.com/news/mlbs-offici...ts-jose-altuve
    No it wasn’t.

RangeFinder

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    Nothing is ever a lock in sports gambling but the OVER's have hit in every game in this series.. Totals are increasing actually with every game... It's a trend that is trending ...

8 runs is nothing for these teams... I'm just here to help..
    All good.

dawg58kahn
    dawg58kahn's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1235

All good.
    all over the overs too dawg. 8 is a ridiculous line

the best bet though is houston minus 1.5 at +120 . what a beauty dawg with the most shit price pitching lmao. cant believe he still plays in the majors

Roscoe_Word
    Roscoe_Word's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8667

HOU -185. It'll be a longshot. Saw somewhere that this is one of the highest moneylines for a team in LCS.

123 Last