I know a guy.

Coolcanuck79
    Coolcanuck79's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24286

I've had good experiences with stubhub.

Biff41
    Biff41's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4769

Save the original pdf of the ticket on a thumb dive or in a secure file. Stub Hub has favorable ratings.

SharpAngles
    SharpAngles's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1638

StubHub pro tip: wait until the last minute to buy because the closer to start time the more nervous the resellers become and they cut the price greatly. Got some Charger v Niners tickets two hours before kickoff for 5 bucks over face value when they were almost twice the price the day before. Last years World Series game 2 tickets we’re going for 1k and went down to 500 that afternoon before the game.

pickle_texas
    pickle_texas's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4321

Quote Originally Posted by SharpAngles View Post
    StubHub pro tip: wait until the last minute to buy because the closer to start time the more nervous the resellers become and they cut the price greatly. Got some Charger v Niners tickets two hours before kickoff for 5 bucks over face value when they were almost twice the price the day before. Last years World Series game 2 tickets we’re going for 1k and went down to 500 that afternoon before the game.
    Thats great advice. I want to go see LSU vs A&M at college station. Should I just wait for that day? Was thinking of pulling the trigger, but theres still some good time before November 24th.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Stubhub

mackave
    mackave's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8429

Quote Originally Posted by SharpAngles View Post
    I think some games may close tickets at start time though so be careful. Also this doesn’t apply to UFC fights, at least big ones. Prices just kept going up and up and up..

7deuceoff$uit
    7deuceoff$uit's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 460

I prefer stubhub, because they have the option of showing tickets with fees vs having to wait til checkout to see how much you'll pay.

Also, like many here have said, I like to wait until the last minute to buy my tickets as many fans start to get nervous, and drop their asking price.

SharpAngles
    SharpAngles's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1638

Quote Originally Posted by pickle_texas View Post
    Thats great advice. I want to go see LSU vs A&M at college station. Should I just wait for that day? Was thinking of pulling the trigger, but theres still some good time before November 24th.
    I should have prefaced with some games it works some games it doesn’t. A big college matchup like that where the road teams fans are rabid enough and close enough to travel easily probably isn’t the best choice. I could see the prices getting higher there. It’s all about how bad you want to go and if you’re willing to risk not going to save some bucks.

Quote Originally Posted by mackave View Post
    I think some games may close tickets at start time though so be careful. Also this doesn’t apply to UFC fights, at least big ones. Prices just kept going up and up and up..
    True, I’m in LA so nobody shows up early anyways so that’s never an issue for me. Mileage will vary depending on where you are.

Also true about UFC. I was thinking of going to see No Love get smacked around by Dilishaw at the staples center a few months back but tix went from 800 on Wednesday to 1200 on Saturday.

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma
    gauchojake's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13312

Stubhub