VeggieDog
    VeggieDog's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 20493

Ravens rookie kicker Kaare Vedvik hospitalized w/ head injuries, police investigating

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/ravens-rookie-kicker-kaare-vedvik-hospitalized-with-head-injuries-police-investigating/

On Saturday, the Ravens placed rookie kicker/punter Kaare Vedvik on the Reserve/Non-Football Injury (NFI) list for reasons unknown. The reason surfaced later on Saturday. According to police and the team, Vedvik has been hospitalized with upper body/head injuries.

In a statement, the Baltimore Police Department explained that they found Vedvik with upper body injuries at 4 a.m. Saturday morning. Vedvik was then transported to the hospital to be treated. Police do not know how the injuries were sustained, but they are not life threatening. An investigation is ongoing.

Here's their entire statement, via Ravens Wire:

"This morning at approximately 4:00 a.m., the Baltimore City Fire Department requested the Baltimore Police Department in reference to an injured person. When officers arrived in the area of the 2000 block of Boone St, they located the victim, identified as Kaare Vedvik, suffering from upper body injuries. He was transported to a local hospital for treatment. At this time, we have not confirmed how his injuries occurred. The injuries are not life-threatening. Investigators are conducting follow ups in reference to this."

In their own statement, the Ravens said that Vedvik suffered head injuries and that they are monitoring the situation.

VeggieDog

Apparently he had some teeth knocked out, also.

eidolon
    USA
    eidolon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15766

Good old Baltimore.

Art Vandelay
    Corona on St. Pats... WTF!
    Art Vandelay's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 57565

Nothing good happens in East Baltimore after 2am... Sucks for this kid - he probably could have had a job after all the cuts.

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2380

ouch

hopefully video somewheres

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

His own fault why would you even be out that late

TheBMOC
    TheBMOC's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 980

For anyone that's unaware this is an awful neighborhood in East Baltimore...considered one of the worst in the city.. and borders an area known as "middle east" many areas were used in the filming of the Wire...

Need some answers here....

spro23
    spro23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8091

this can't be true, thrilla says black communities are equal to white communities lol.

VeggieDog

Quote Originally Posted by spro23 View Post
    this can't be true, thrilla says black communities are equal to white communities lol.
    Some are more equal than others.

The J-Dizzle
    The J-Dizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4102

Would love to see Vedvik in Tampa Bay, he's been looking good!

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

I bet he was drinking or trying to buy crack

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

Quote Originally Posted by spro23 View Post
    Hopefully hes ok.

now my tangent

This is a big problem with the liberal ideology. The want everything to be equal, despite differences in culture, sex, sexual orientation, etc. I was at my aunts house ( very far left, and shes in jail now FWIW), and we were watching the olympics. There was a random mens game and then the USA women played like an hour later. I made a comment about how it was obvious the mens team (who got destroyed, i think it was fiji) was miles better than the USA womens team. She went crazy and demanded to know why. Some spiel that they are all athletes and women try just as hard as men. Not what I was saying, but anyways I didnt want an argument with someone in their house that lived 3 hours away from me, so I just backtracked a little. I really think in her warped mind the usa girls would have beaten that team.

We are all different, and that should be appreciated. This is just one example of a million, but certain types of people tend to be better or worse at different activities. That is just how life is and always will be. Doesn't mean that there isn't exceptions, but to live it as a hard and fast rule would be ridiculous.
    Last edited by thetrinity; 09-03-18 at 08:58 AM.

Kermit
    My Finger Smells Like Pork
    Kermit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2611

Maybe his girlfriend beat him up.