Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!
    Louisvillekid1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 553

How do you define collusion?

Would sitting at a poker table, being paid from the house ,

And/Or receiving any benefit or having more access to the server/ internal host , than others at the table, be collusion?

Would there be consequences?

Law suit ?

I’m just curious

thomorino
    thomorino's Avatar Become A Pro!

Collusion is the same as fraud - you are defrauding the other players. Obviously if its offshore you have no real recourse, but fraud is a civil and criminal offense. If you are playing poker illegally you have no recourse, but if its a legal game you could sue for civil damages - it likely wouldn't be worthwhile and you'd be better off going to small claims court, even then it might not be worthwhile as well, but obviously it depends on the amount you lost.

ans61201
    ans61201's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4181

Was there any deception or cheating going on? Anything that gave an unfair advantage? Not sure what described is collusion except the house may have a vested interest in said player winning so definitely frowned upon at any legit game

ans61201
    ans61201's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4181

At private invite places I’ve had person running game or dealers play just to get the game going but other than that nobody should be playing with House $

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!

So if a site had paid contributors/employees

That were partaking in activities that created an unfair advantage

Or even had other agenda’s

Wouldn’t that be ...

Full tilt poker-eske

And if proven

Wouldn’t defamation of character to cover it up

Be....

Well collusion / witness tampering / etc

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!

Like the draft kings / fan duel shit

If you are paid , on the books

While partaking in a gambling event

W/o the others knowing

Isn’t that

Kinda a big deal / no-no

thomorino

If you are playing illegally you have no recourse, but if you are playing legally you could sue the site for fraud - fraud is a false representation of a material face - so if the site is representing the game as fair and its not,they are committing fraud - which subjects them to civil damages and possible criminal charges.

thomorino

Quote Originally Posted by Louisvillekid1 View Post
    Like the draft kings / fan duel shit

If you are paid , on the books

While partaking in a gambling event

W/o the others knowing

Isn’t that

Kinda a big deal / no-no
    The draft kings issue is more complicated - because its not outright fraud. Obviously its an advantage to which players are being used the most as the people working at draft king playing in the games did, but they aren't cheating the other players per se. They have an unfair advantage for sure, but aren't defrauding or cheating other players in the same way as if online poker players know each others cards.

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!

Hmm...

BeerDog99
    BeerDog99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 177

thomorino is dealing with collusion/fraud but to be clear poker rooms (legal and non-legal I imagine) have shills or prop players to make money for the house or keep games going.

If someone is playing (shilling) for the house (i.e. with their money) then I would be concerned about collusion/fraud.

If someone is a prop player, they should be playing their own money and therefore I would be less concerned about collusion/fraud.

Overall in my opinion, I really do not like having players that are well known to the house, be it shills, props or just chummy regulars. My attention gets diverted too much to try and keep an eye on how chummy they are. Sometimes the collusion is not known by the house but friends between dealers and that too me causes a lot of potential for collusion.

I am just wary about players and generally try to get a sense of who knows who to ensure I know what to look for.

BeerDog99
    BeerDog99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 177

oh and if you are very sure someone is playing for the house and they will not readily admit it, then I would not play at the table/room.

Auto Donk
    Diggity man the fort, I'm outta here!
    Auto Donk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

Quote Originally Posted by Louisvillekid1 View Post
    Would sitting at a poker table, being paid from the house ,

And/Or receiving any benefit or having more access to the server/ internal host , than others at the table, be collusion?

Would there be consequences?

Law suit ?

I’m just curious
    pretty sure if you talk about poker at any time with anyone from russia or any of the former soviet block countries, you're colluding your ass off.....

if by access to a server you mean an ability to see other's hole cards or the cards coming on the flop, t and riv, then obviously....

some ultimate bet jerkoff had all that, and was busted/sued, if I recall correctly.....

he wasn't even smart about it.....

https://upswingpoker.com/ultimate-be...poker-scandal/

they had some sort of statistical chart, and the guy was so far off of the norms it was hysterical