Regul8er
    Wordd
    Regul8er's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4101

Raptor Fans out there

Who had come to grips that the NBA will not allow Toronto to ever get past Cleveland in a playoff series? When did you come to grips with it? I always sensed it....but it really hit me hard tonight. The refs set the tone early tonight. I really want to know under fair circumstances who the better team is.....I still think its us....but unfortunately well never know. About 5 or 6 plays went against us in the 1st half...a couple calls reversed. Man, could we have used those 6 or 8 points. Refs called a few bogus ones on Derozan early to get him out, kind of like they in Game 2 on Lowry. When is the last time Lebron had to sit a quarter because of foul trouble?

The agendas of this league are just too obvious, too blatant. If you think otherwise, your oblivious. However, hats off to Lebron....guy is the best of all time, and by the time he retires in 15 years, there will no debate. That game winner was out of this world sick...and made it look like a layup.
    Points Awarded:

biggie12 gave Regul8er 104 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Regul8er
    Wordd

As a lifetime Raptor fan, it's amazing to say a 59 win season was probably the most disappointing year we've ever had. It really does suck that the Raps were so bad that there won't be any discussion of how truly awful the refs were in this series.

What Lebron does pretty much dictates the landscape of this team in my opinion. If he stays in Cleveland, Raps will need to blow this whole project up. If he leaves West, then we might still have a tiny opening, but Philly and Boston will have something to say about that.

Going to a long offseason.

Hman
    Hman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1222

At least you guys are miles ahead of we Orlando Magic fans.

But either way you guys will need to add a key player or blow it up as you said.

cwnotorious
    cwnotorious's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10757

First time ever a 1st seed got swept before the conference finals, that's our raptors regul8er - Setting records for choking
    Idk mabe we should just trade ibaka/lowry/derozen/Valentunus
    For some young promising pics/talent and develop our current bench/core for a run when lbj simmers down. Similar to what the 76ers did. Pretty frustrating year soggy I agree

Checkerboard
    Checkerboard's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14485

If refs did anything intentional they didn't need too. Lebron and crew were awesome, Raps were off.

As far as calls in sports go in general. League sports is business. All sports have referees. All referees have general idea of what their league wants to ideally see. The Association seems to have a star and reputation bias when it comes to foul calling. I know it's part of what the game has become, and I accept that, but it prevents me from watching and enjoying as much basketball as I otherwise might. That's just me though, and I'm sure the NBA doesn't miss me when I'm not watching.

Still can't figure out why players like VanVleet were in 4th quarter in meaningless last game of regular season versus physical Miami. That injury to Freddie's shoulder came at a real bad time.

Let's see what Ujuri does off-season.

jizay
    Update your status
    jizay's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1557

Salty Raps fans blaming refs is hilarious. That wasn't even close. Raps just aren't good enough.
    Points Awarded:

Mac4Lyfe gave jizay 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Regul8er
    Wordd

Refs had nothing to do with Games 2 and 4....we just plain out sucked.

Now Games 1 and 3......totally different story. I can't get that picture out of my head, of the ref turning his back to Casey after Love dropped the elbow into Demar's jaw, when Casey asked for a review.....total disrespect.

I really would love to see James skip town again this off-season.....if he does, it will a long, dark period for Cavalier basketball.

And checkerboard.......I am salty for sure, but I trust Ujuri, he has brought hope to this franchise....I believe he has something in his back pocket.

biggie12
    biggie12's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1276

where did i put my shovel.

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11150

Quote Originally Posted by Regul8er View Post
    Refs had nothing to do with Games 2 and 4....we just plain out sucked.

Now Games 1 and 3......totally different story. I can't get that picture out of my head, of the ref turning his back to Casey after Love dropped the elbow into Demar's jaw, when Casey asked for a review.....total disrespect.

I really would love to see James skip town again this off-season.....if he does, it will a long, dark period for Cavalier basketball.

And checkerboard.......I am salty for sure, but I trust Ujuri, he has brought hope to this franchise....I believe he has something in his back pocket.
    You conveniently missed Derozan and Val fouling Love at least 5 times before he threw the elbow. The refs tried their hardest to give Toronto at least one game but your team sucks sweaty monkey balls.

You do realize that wherever Lebron goes, the Raptors are still who we thought they were? A steaming pile of shit that can't beat the King... Deal with it.

sourtwist
    not a non pro
    sourtwist's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 548

Quote Originally Posted by jizay View Post
    Salty Raps fans blaming refs is hilarious. That wasn't even close. Raps just aren't good enough.
    Thank you for saying what i was about to

Regul8er
    Wordd

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
    You conveniently missed Derozan and Val fouling Love at least 5 times before he threw the elbow. The refs tried their hardest to give Toronto at least one game but your team sucks sweaty monkey balls.

You do realize that wherever Lebron goes, the Raptors are still who we thought they were? A steaming pile of shit that can't beat the King... Deal with it.
    No one beats Lebron in the East........so I guess were talking about 14 sh!tty franchise in the Conference, lol

I think were the only team to host a first round matchup 5 straight years, so I wouldnt quite say we suck....I'd say Lebron is just our kryptonite, like he is for so many others.

On the same play, you conveniently missed Love's multiple travels that werent called either. So 3 calls were missed......and 2 went against Toronto.

bigtymer56
    bigtymer56's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9059

Another Eastern Conference team buried by Lebron. Graveyard is pretty dam big now.