dlowilly
    dlowilly's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 192573

What were your worst investments?

For me:

-Cryptocurrency

-Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac stocks

-Tailing fudgyb

Some of the worst investments I have made have been from reading gambling forums. Take it from me, do not tail posters on gambling forums about ANYTHING. If you have to do something, fade or go contrarian to what is being discussed. I'm not saying posters are out to mislead you, although there are some that are, but if it's popular with a bunch of gamblers then contrarian will probably profitable.

tony_come
    tony_come's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1122

Raptors tonight

dlowilly

Quote Originally Posted by tony_come View Post
    Raptors tonight
    I mean besides a specific game

cincinnatikid513
    contra spem spero
    cincinnatikid513's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 100

sending bitcoin to tony instead keeping it and watching it win win win win win

tony_come
    tony_come's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1122

Getting married

BIGDAY
    angelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24866

Quote Originally Posted by tony_come View Post
    Getting married
    Oh Fawwwwk...

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11961

Penny stock trading.. Lost 30 grand years ago and gave it up.. I gave it a go and failed miserably..

Playing 21 black jack drunk on the tables all night long with only 100 dollar black chips in Vegas was a close 2nd..

Live and learn...

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9290

I sold an online business to a French company and had them deposit most of the funds directly into an investment scheme in Vanuatu... to avoid tax on it basically.

Karma bitch slapped me for that. Dodgy scheme was shut down and all funds seized for laundering money for a criminal bikie gang in Australia.

I went from being setup for life to in trouble within about 4 months. Heartbreaker of a time. And took me years to just get back to normality afterward.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: manny24

pilebuck13
    pilebuck13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1717

Yah sports betting

pilebuck13

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    I sold an online business to a French company and had them deposit most of the funds directly into an investment scheme in Vanuatu... to avoid tax on it basically.

Karma bitch slapped me for that. Dodgy scheme was shut down and all funds seized for laundering money for a criminal bikie gang in Australia.

I went from being setup for life to in trouble within about 4 months. Heartbreaker of a time. And took me years to just get back to normality afterward.
    Jesus man I’m sorry

pilebuck13

San Antonio Washington over

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9290

Quote Originally Posted by pilebuck13 View Post
    Jesus man I’m sorry
    Expensive lesson but I got over it

Was around 2004.

I can still recall the feeling the day I found out though. Ugh.

Fidel_CashFlow
    Fidel_CashFlow's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30419

Ouch Opti

I warned people about bitcoin

If you can’t see it and tangibly touch it with your hands , then it’s just a mirage

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11961

I remember I paid thousands for bulk top of the line laptop computers back in the day and got scammed on Ebay... It was a brilliant scam, they had all the angles covered.. I never saw it coming..

The criminals were in Italy and I got taken for a ride. I did everything by the book too... I paid and got nothing in return.. Couldn't recover the funds as Ebay was still in the fraud learning process...

That stung as I was trying to build up my bank roll at that time early on in life... I was pissed and called the Feds, I was blasting Ebay and they could do nothing.. Long story on how that scam played out...

shari91
    shari91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1689

Quote Originally Posted by Fidel_CashFlow View Post
    Ouch Opti

I warned people about bitcoin

If you can’t see it and tangibly touch it with your hands , then it’s just a mirage
    You definitely did. And it's because of a few of you on here that I took my BTP winnings straight out after I received them instead of holding on to the bitcoins as many were saying to do. I regretted cashing out so quickly last year and worried that I would this year as well, but I'm glad I stuck to my guns or I'd be pissed now!
    Points Awarded:

Fidel_CashFlow gave shari91 5 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Fidel_CashFlow

Andy117
    Andy117's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 25689

My first house, we bought high and sold low.

magaman
    Update your status
    magaman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 113

Bitcoin is still an infant of an investment... so many of you don't get it.

Perfect... it takes 10x skeptics so that some can get rich. Keep selling bitcoin
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: the_situation

Fidel_CashFlow

Quote Originally Posted by shari91 View Post
    You definitely did. And it's because of a few of you on here that I took my BTP winnings straight out after I received them instead of holding on to the bitcoins as many were saying to do. I regretted cashing out so quickly last year and worried that I would this year as well, but I'm glad I stuck to my guns or I'd be pissed now!
    Thanks Shari for backing me up on that
    see, I act like a complete fukkstick but in reality am very analytical about everything
    I have to have a keen understanding on something from every angle possible
    in order to buy into it , and that can range from purchasing a new home to buying
    my daughter a new bike , and if you recall I kept telling everyone to really consider
    what this bitcoin actually is . It’s there but it’s not , it’s real but it’s fake
    It’s secure but very unsecured in many ways at the same time
    Some kind of internet pseudo based currency that all the powers that be would love
    see go down in flames. Always felt like a scheme to me , sure some people would thrive
    and get rich , but once again if you really get to thinking dont some people benefit
    and get rich in al,ost every scheme ever invented , yet the masses lose eventually

Fidel_CashFlow

Quote Originally Posted by magaman View Post
    Bitcoin is still an infant of an investment... so many of you don't get it.

Perfect... it takes 10x skeptics so that some can get rich. Keep selling bitcoin
    good luck then dude , do as you please .

Glitch
    Glitch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5224

I think Shari's good fortune with selling there is just a timing issue. Not holding it when it had just tripled over the previous 2-3 weeks, for no good reason, proved to be a prudent move. However, even after the correction bitcoin is still up 800% from this time last year, and whatever 9 cents to $9000 dollars per unit is all time.

mikejamm
    mikejamm's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1536

Quote Originally Posted by dlowilly View Post
    For me:

-Cryptocurrency

-Tailing fudgyb

Some of the worst investments I have made have been from reading gambling forums. Take it from me, do not tail posters on gambling forums about ANYTHING. If you have to do something, fade or go contrarian to what is being discussed. I'm not saying posters are out to mislead you, although there are some that are, but if it's popular with a bunch of gamblers then contrarian will probably profitable.
    Yeah, especially pieces of shit like you who post fake videos claiming to have a 100k in cash. You are so full of shit, they're are plenty of reputable posters here that actually know what the fuk they're doing! And unlike you fraud willy, they don't post fake ass Vegas and phony money videos to stroke their egos! You're the worst kind of lying narcissistic douche bag there is!

Still waiting on that next video willypuss, the one where you show your fuk'in cash in a well lit room, with the water marks on the front of the bills. If you're so big time asshole, put it out there, seaweed clone.

Like Jake said, you're a two bit fuk'in loser, who wont show his face at the bash and a complete lying attention whore. Even your avatar looks like some 15 year old, so pedophile videos are probably right up your alley.
    Last edited by mikejamm; 03-21-18 at 11:28 PM.

the_situation
    the_situation's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6309

Quote Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
    I think Shari's good fortune with selling there is just a timing issue. Not holding it when it had just tripled over the previous 2-3 weeks, for no good reason, proved to be a prudent move. However, even after the correction bitcoin is still up 800% from this time last year, and whatever 9 cents to $9000 dollars per unit is all time.
    Most definitely

dlowilly

Quote Originally Posted by mikejamm View Post
    Yeah, especially pieces of shit like you who post fake videos claiming to have a 100k in cash. You are so full of shit, they're are plenty of reputable posters here that actually know what the fuk they're doing! And unlike you fraud willy, they don't post fake ass Vegas and phony money videos to stoke their egos! You're the worst kind of lying narcissistic douche bag there is!

Still waiting on that next video willypuss, the one where you show your fuk'in cash in a well lit room, with the water marks on the front of the bills. If you're so big time asshole, put it out there, seaweed clone.

Like Jake said, you're a two bit fuk'in loser, who wont show his face at the bash and a complete lying attention whore. Even your avatar looks like some 15 year old, so pedophile videos are probably right up your alley.
    Good God you're a worthless idiot psycho troll

*Ignored*

bonzaii
    bonzaii's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 287

Quote Originally Posted by shari91 View Post
    Its been around a while now I dont see it going anywhere anytime soon.

Fidel_CashFlow

It’s a risky situation bonzaii, good luck
    could work out but I think it’s peaked for sure
    and some big time investors are telling ppl to sell ASAP

dlowilly

Damn FOMO!

Fidel_CashFlow

Damn FOMO!
    Fear Of Missing Out on what ?

dlowilly

Quote Originally Posted by Fidel_CashFlow View Post
    Fear Of Missing Out on what ?
    I'm saying that's what made me invest in crypto like I did

eeezzzz
    eeezzzz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7391

Twitter for me. Bought it at $55, it's doing better now though

Fidel_CashFlow

I'm saying that's what made me invest in crypto like I did
    I was tempted, it’s been profitable so far
    but I don’t trust it from here on out

shari91
    shari91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1689

Quote Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
    Oh yeah it definitely was a timing issue but even then I was still seeing stories of people buying up big time and there was a teeny part of me that wondered if I had made a mistake for cashing out the second year in a row. Whatever happens with bitcoin in the future - and for the sake of those who still have a lot invested in it - I'm grateful that it worked out for me this year

Jbidness
    Jbidness's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 327

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post

Dam sorry to read/hear

Thor4140
    Thor4140's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22125

For me:

-Cryptocurrency

-Tailing fudgyb

Now this isnt a bad thread starter kid. See you can do it.

marcoloco
    marcoloco's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9144

I bet on the cowboys one time.... biggest mistake of my life

thechaoz
    2019 SBRs Toughest Poster
    thechaoz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 35902

Quote Originally Posted by BIGDAY View Post
    Oh Fawwwwk...
    By far dudes biggest mistake.. Wtf are you doing? Bang hoes and get a dog

12 Last