Betpoints: 10

Anyone trading Binary Options??

Websites popping up all over the place espeixally in Europe

It seems to be booming and legal

Darkside Magick
    Black Box Algorithm
    Darkside Magick's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1258

I do it...only legal one in Usa is nadex which i am a member....binary options was the cause of the tax in Cyprus because many of the operators was from there

C-Gold
    C-Gold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 843

JJ you still looking at currencies?

Yen is at 99.

Euro is going to collapse at some point but when?

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

what is that?

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!

Bear do a google search

It's unreal the sites that pop up

C-Gold i among long on Aussie Dollar at 90

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

JJ i did the google search and skimmed over the definition from wikipedia

and now i still have no idea what the fukk it means

C-Gold
    C-Gold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 843

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Bear do a google search

It's unreal the sites that pop up

C-Gold i among long on Aussie Dollar at 90
    If Chinese manufacturing and construction data is strong out of China the Aussie dollar should do well. If China slows down then the Aussie dollar gets hit.

jjgold

In finance, a binary option is a type of option where the payoff is either some fixed amount of some asset or nothing at all. The two main types of binary options are the cash-or-nothing binary option and the asset-or-nothing binary option. The cash-or-nothing binary option pays some fixed amount of cash if the option expires in-the-money while the asset-or-nothing pays the value of the underlying security. Thus, the options are binary in nature because there are only two possible outcomes. They are also called all-or-nothing options, digital options (more common in forex/interest rate markets), and fixed return options (FROs) (on the American Stock Exchange).[1] Binary options are usually European-style options.
    When buying a binary option the potential return it offers is certain and known before the purchase is made. Binary options can be bought on virtually any financial product and can be bought in both directions of trade either by buying a “Call”/“Up” option or a “Put”/“Down” option. This means that an investor can go long or short on any financial product simply by buying a binary option. Binary options are offered against a fixed expiry time which may be e.g. 60 seconds and up to 30 minutes, an hour ahead or to the close of the trading day. Binary options once bought cannot be resold before the expiry time is reached.[2]
    For example, a purchase is made of a binary cash-or-nothing call option on XYZ Corp's stock struck at $100 with a binary payoff of $1000. Then, if at the future maturity date, the stock is trading at or above $100, $1000 is received. If its stock is trading below $100, nothing is received.
    In the popular Black-Scholes model, the value of a digital option can be expressed in terms of the cumulative normal distribution function. Due to the difficulty in hedging binary options that are near expiry, they are much less traded than vanilla options, but can be approximated with vertical spreads.

jjgold

There are lots of ways to lose your money in this world but here’s one I hadn’t encountered before: binary option Web sites. They have become popular over the past few years with new ones appearing all the time: anyoption.com, bulloption.com, spotoption.com, binaryoption.com, etc. etc.
    The sites appeal to the same type of people who play poker online. But they somehow have an aura of being more respectable because they represent themselves as offering a form of investing. Don’t kid yourself. These are gambling sites, pure and simple. It’s probably just a matter of time before regulators move in on them.
    Until that happens, they seem to be doing great business. A Google search for binary option Web sites produced 870,000 hits with promotions like “earn up to 75 per cent every hour” and “81 per cent profit in one hour or less, trade all major markets”. You can buy these options, which are also known as all-or-nothing options, digital options, or Fixed Return Options (FROs), on stocks, commodities, indexes, foreign exchange, and other derivatives.
    In fact, you can place a bet (which is what it really amounts to) on just about anything that is publicly traded, depending on which Web site you use (some offer a wider range of choices than others). Some sites provide free guides to binary option trading to get you started.
    I was alerted to this phenomenon by a reader who sent me this email:
    “My dad has recently gotten involved with trading binary options online. The basic premise for the site he uses is at a specific time, say 1:25 p.m., you can put down perhaps $100 that XYZ stock will either increase or decrease in price within five minutesby 1:30 p.m. If you are wrong, you get $15 back. If you are right, you win about $70.
    “I’ve proven to him that, mathematically, the site has an edge and you must be right 55% of the time in order for your bet to have a neutral expected value. I am also a professional online poker player by trade so I have an extensive understanding of probability, the online gambling markets, and how these sites work.
    The problem is he feels he is at a great advantage, citing his ability to read a bunch of charts, follow news, etc. He is a smart man, a former lawyer, and has been following stocks for years, but I feel that he may be overestimating himself here. I’ve looked into online binary options trading a bit and it seems to me that the consensus is that very few people outside of professional traders can beat the trading sites consistently for good money. My dad is up $2,500 or so betting $100 and $50. The best I could do is to warn him about statistical variance affecting his perceived ability and that short-term volatility along with the inherent disadvantage will make consistent winning incredibly hard.
    “I’m looking for a way to definitively convince him to stop and that his edge isn’t as great as it seems. I tried talking to him multiple times about the subject but I’m not as knowledgeable about the field and ultimately that becomes my shortcoming when trying to convince him why he shouldn’t continue to be involved with this. Any help would certainly be appreciated.”
    I found this correspondence especially fascinating because the writer is a professional online poker playera gambler by trade. Yet here he is trying to convince his dad that online gambling is a bad thing. I agree, it is. But it’s understandable if the father is skeptical about advice from a son who does the same sort of thing, albeit in a different form.
    Special Offer: Toronto Dominion Bank (TD) is up 78% since Gordon Pape recommended it to his readers. BCE (BCE) yields 6% and is up 68% . Click here for high yielding recommendations in finance, energy, materials and technology in the Canada Report.
    But that’s for them to sort out. What intrigued me was to discover that binary option trading has become a kind of pseudo investing sub-culture. I went to the site our reader says his dad uses and did some research. It describes binary options as “an exciting new type of investment”note the use of the word “investment”.

When a binary option is purchased on our platform, a contract is created that gives the buyer (known here as the investor) the right to buy an underlying asset at a fixed price, within a specified time frame with us, the seller,” the Web site explains. The option must be held until maturity (even if that is five minutes away); unlike regular options it cannot be sold before then.
    These sites promote themselves as offering controlled risk (you can’t lose more than a specified amount), low cost, big gains if you guess right, and ease of useyou can trade from home whenever markets are open and set up an account with a CC.
    So what arguments would I use to convince dad to quit? For starters, this sort of thing can quickly become addictive, especially to market junkies. Although the amounts bet may be small, the total can quickly add up if many trades are done in a day. It wouldn’t take long for things to get out of hand.
    Second, no one, no matter how knowledgeable, can consistently predict what a stock or commodity will do within a short time frame. Will Apple (AAPL) shares go up or down in the next 10 minutes? Unless there has just been some major announcement from the company, there is no way to even guess at that.
    Third, the house definitely has an edge. This particular Web site pays $71 for each successful $100 “trade.” If you lose, you get back $15. Let’s say you make 1,000 “trades” and win 545 of them. Your profit is $38,695. But your 455 losses will cost you $38,675. In other words, you must win 54.5% of the time just to break even.
    Finally, these Web sites are unregulated. No securities commission is protecting people’s interests. This is a financial Wild West.
    If people want to gamble, that’s their choice. But let’s not confuse that with investing. Binary options are a crapshoot, pure and simple.

trytrytry
    All I do is trytrytry
    trytrytry's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 273617

great thread..thanks jjgold interesting..

Sarunas
    Sarunas's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41

is same in all the country! how say in america? 'din do muffins'?

this muffins on sale in all the country world! ha ha. not funny but is funny. 'din do muffins'

jjgold

Some sites legit actually

Look for higher rated ones

Joe Dogs
    Joe Dogs's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 593

Interesting

redsoxfreak91
    redsoxfreak91's Avatar Become A Pro!

Do you even know how to price binary options. The black-scholes model is the binary pricing option model and you don't know it lol

jjgold

Seems like a crap shoot actually
    Must be high juice if you know the math

Smoke
    Smoke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1510

Might do this if legit

jjgold

Ones in Europe are legit

I think a few usa ones are also

JanetCox
    JanetCox's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

There is lots kind of binary option brokers available to you, Instead of Trading binary options can provide the famous brokers where you can easily invest your money.There is lots kind of binary option brokers available to you, Instead of Trading binary options can provide the famous brokers where you can easily invest your money.

Inkwell77
    Inkwell77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2413

Gold, what is the play?

Should I get involved in this?

The gambling world is crazy, crypto currencies, options trading, forex, sportsbetting, poker....
    Possibilities seem endless.

Waht should one specialize in?
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: TitsArriba

byronbb
    byronbb's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2284

Trade bitcoin and the alt-coins...absolutely crazy swings with tons of squares. Basically an unregulated market with all sorts of manipulations, pump and dump, etc.

https://btc-e.com/
    http://coinmarketcap.com/
    http://bitcoinwisdom.com/
    Last edited by byronbb; 12-01-13 at 10:44 PM.

jjgold

Trading all these unregulated coins his suicide

byronbb
    byronbb's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2284

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Trading all these unregulated coins his suicide

Yes. Its foolish. Btc Ltc NMC not bad.

jjgold

Its very complicated trading bitcoin and litcoins The average person will screw it up

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma
    gauchojake's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13300

Trading 101 with Michael Jack Corbin

jjgold

sucker game