Otters27
    Otters27's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 434

Gold Price and Interest Rate Hikes

What's the skinny here? Own some gold and thinking about selling. Should I or Hold?

Fed says they might hike rates faster and all this war Talk has me thinking gold could get to 1400?

triplecrown333
    triplecrown333's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 84

dont think they can hike too much, no one can service their debts with rate hikes

Ralphie Halves
    Ralphie Halves's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15084

I'll put it this way. Long term, gold has little room to go down, and lots and lots of room to go up.

Not saying it will, but if you were to draw a range of where it could go based on circumstances, the price right now would be sitting near the bottom 1/5th of that range.

And Otters, you would just use that money to bet MLB in April, so you're better off just leaving it in gold.

BigBusiness
    Drug dealin money
    BigBusiness's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 542

Hold on to it. America is about to go into another recession with the recent heated tensions with Russia and China.

Gold is going to skyrocket.

Ralphie Halves
    Ralphie Halves's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15084

Quote Originally Posted by BigBusiness View Post
    Hold on to it. America is about to go into another recession with the recent heated tensions with Russia and China.

Gold is going to skyrocket.
    This is certainly possible, just be careful of two things....

1) When everyone is saying this is going to happen (and we're already seeing it), you can be 100% sure the opposite will occur

2) This is the argument I always make. Let's say everything goes to shit, the dollar crashes, and gold becomes $4000 an ounce. Awesome for people holding gold, right? Not really. Now your gold per ounce is worth $4000 of worthless currency. You didn't win.

I hold some gold and silver coins just for diversification (coins easier to liquidate), but that's the only reason I do it.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

lol

gold has not moved much in years

If your not buying the actual gold coins you will lose everything

THERE IS A COST TO CARRY GOLD whether ETF's or FUTURES or FX

I FORGOT MORE THAN ANYONE KNOWS HERE