1. #1
    MinnesotaFats
    MinnesotaFats's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 12-18-10
    Posts: 541
    Betpoints: 2968

    Online sports books will no longer be able to offer credits, bonuses, free plays or other incentives in a deal struck with government officials over marketing tactics. Many of our well known books such as William Hill, Bet365, and Sportsbet are part of this deal that voluntarily starts now, implemented by June next year. In addition gamblers will set mandatory limits at sign up and the books must adhere to daily, weekly and or monthly limits as set by the client.

    Wonder how long till the Euro books incorporate this in the US to push legalization???

  2. #2
    jjgold
    Update your status
    jjgold's Avatar Saloon Moderator
    Join Date: 07-20-05
    Posts: 264,820
    Betpoints: 3701

    It is why offshore books keep getting bigger and bigger

    NO RULES OR LAWS for the most part

    Bald
    & Proud
    of Myself -jjgold

    SBR Founder Join Date: 7/20/2005


  3. #3
    WakingUpLines
    WakingUpLines's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 09-08-17
    Posts: 11

    ^ This I'm from Ireland and it is better to bet in offshore even though I can bet anywhere

  4. #4
    funnyb25
    We Got Games!
    funnyb25's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 07-09-09
    Posts: 17,181
    Betpoints: 2600

    Quote Originally Posted by WakingUpLines View Post
    ^ This I'm from Ireland and it is better to bet in offshore even though I can bet anywhere
    Never seen someone become SBR Pro so quick!
    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 09/21/2017

    $20
    Angelman
    donation 8/29/2017

    $20
    Angelman
    donation 8/29/2017


  5. #5
    jjgold
    Update your status
    jjgold's Avatar Saloon Moderator
    Join Date: 07-20-05
    Posts: 264,820
    Betpoints: 3701

    Offshore loving these rules

    Bald
    & Proud
    of Myself -jjgold

    SBR Founder Join Date: 7/20/2005


  6. #6
    WakingUpLines
    WakingUpLines's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 09-08-17
    Posts: 11

    It was available for me when I signed up!! Doesn't everybody have that option

  7. #7
    funnyb25
    We Got Games!
    funnyb25's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 07-09-09
    Posts: 17,181
    Betpoints: 2600

    Quote Originally Posted by WakingUpLines View Post
    It was available for me when I signed up!! Doesn't everybody have that option
    Kid is sharp...

    Not sure about the option...Was a long time ago
    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 09/21/2017

    $20
    Angelman
    donation 8/29/2017

    $20
    Angelman
    donation 8/29/2017


  8. #8
    funnyb25
    We Got Games!
    funnyb25's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 07-09-09
    Posts: 17,181
    Betpoints: 2600

    Why only here a few days WakingupLines?
    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 09/21/2017

    $20
    Angelman
    donation 8/29/2017

    $20
    Angelman
    donation 8/29/2017


  9. #9
    Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Join Date: 06-10-10
    Posts: 29,624
    Betpoints: 254

    Quote Originally Posted by MinnesotaFats View Post
    Online sports books will no longer be able to offer credits, bonuses, free plays or other incentives in a deal struck with government officials over marketing tactics. Many of our well known books such as William Hill, Bet365, and Sportsbet are part of this deal that voluntarily starts now, implemented by June next year. In addition gamblers will set mandatory limits at sign up and the books must adhere to daily, weekly and or monthly limits as set by the client.

    Wonder how long till the Euro books incorporate this in the US to push legalization???
    Ha... govt must be naive to think this will work. Aussie books been crazy good with bonuses. Ladbroke rep offered me 100% cash up to $1000 with 1x rollover a couple of weeks back. Crownbet seem to find some other reason to add freeplays to my already active account every month or so.

    BTP
    Week 2
    4-1-0 210 pts

    SBR Bash
    Punta Cana
    Attendee 2/4/2017


  10. #10
    Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Join Date: 06-10-10
    Posts: 29,624
    Betpoints: 254

    Quote Originally Posted by funnyb25 View Post
    Never seen someone become SBR Pro so quick!
    If you are international you can simply enter a sponsor book account ID and get a limited type of pro membership immediately.

    BTP
    Week 2
    4-1-0 210 pts

    SBR Bash
    Punta Cana
    Attendee 2/4/2017


  11. #11
    KVB
    It's not what they bring...
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 05-29-14
    Posts: 13,864
    Betpoints: 2944

    So these are Australian books, that the government allows, and the government is banning the ability to offer bonuses or free plays?

    What if it's not offered as a marketing incentive to new customers, and a book just wants to give a free play out to a depositor?

    Say I call in an error, the manager can't offer up a free play? I know, in the end, it's all marketing, but intent must count for something, right?

    Opti, are they pushing away from online gaming or just regulating up the wazoo here?

    BTP
    Week 1
    4-0-1 317 pts


  12. #12
    Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Join Date: 06-10-10
    Posts: 29,624
    Betpoints: 254

    Quote Originally Posted by KVB View Post
    So these are Australian books, that the government allows, and the government is banning the ability to offer bonuses or free plays?

    What if it's not offered as a marketing incentive to new customers, and a book just wants to give a free play out to a depositor?

    Say I call in an error, the manager can't offer up a free play? I know, in the end, it's all marketing, but intent must count for something, right?

    Opti, are they pushing away from online gaming or just regulating up the wazoo here?

    Not 100% sure how this will work KVB but in my state there was already rules about not incentivizing people to gamble in certain ways with bonuses. Once active they pile on the bonuses though.

    An anti-gambling politician has quite a bit of power right now. Govt in trouble for numbers as a bunch of politicians have been exposed as holding dual citizenships and may be sacked soon. So I think that situation is pushing this forward.

    Aussies been working around Netflix and Amazon rfestraint of trade attempts here for years. Many more people than would in most countries will do the same and work around these laws. And hopefully the powerful sportsbook industry will push back hard enough that the policing is never properly followd through on. Thats my hope anyway.

    Trouble is perfectly fine operations like NZTAB and Pokerstars who do respect all laws will be the main things affected... and law abiding Aussies will be the main ones hurt. Dumb dumb dumb. Too many people accept gambling as morally ok here. I don't think the govt can be this restrictive and make it work. Next election there will be massive money coming from gambling interests to fight against the politicians behind this. They have changed elections in NSW state more than once in the past when they get attacked by do-gooder pollies.

    BTP
    Week 2
    4-1-0 210 pts

    SBR Bash
    Punta Cana
    Attendee 2/4/2017


Top